ImageImageImage

Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (New Poll)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who would you prefer on a Jaylen Brown-led Unit? (Post-Trade Deadline)

Holiday/White
29%
Porzingis/Horford
26%
Kornet
No votes
Tillman
9%
Hauser
12%
Pritchard
15%
Mykhailiuk
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Queta
3%
Walsh/Springer
6%

Total votes: 34

Bleedsgreen
Pro Prospect
And1: 351

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (Poll is about JB-led Units) 

Post#81 » by Bleedsgreen » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:44 am

KillahGhostface wrote:
Bleedsgreen wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:Man, that Comedian poster was saying all of this stuff years ago, and got yelled at constantly by the same people now saying the same things.

Odd you must have been lurking for a long time to know that with joining in October of 2023 and all and recognizing names who would yell at one prolific spewer of garbage.

Obsession is unhealthy, my friend.

::looks at your 24 posts a day::
If you say so, you would know.
"Kyrie will 100% win this standoff btw." A Comedian
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,805

Post#82 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:52 am

Bleedsgreen wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Just wanted to share how an unbiased, knowledgeable non-fan sees the Celtics and Jaylen as a player.

Not sure that is quite true. He did grow up in the area and was on Celticshub.

If you've listened and read his work for many years, it's clear he's surrended his Celtics fan club card a long time ago. He's just a fan of good basketball.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,610

Post#83 » by 165bows » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:09 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Bleedsgreen wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Just wanted to share how an unbiased, knowledgeable non-fan sees the Celtics and Jaylen as a player.

Not sure that is quite true. He did grow up in the area and was on Celticshub.

If you've listened and read his work for many years, it's clear he's surrended his Celtics fan club card a long time ago. He's just a fan of good basketball.

I don’t listen to a ton of his stuff but I feel like he’s mentioned a couple of different times the viability of making a trade for depth if the team wants it.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#84 » by KillahGhostface » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:25 am

Bleedsgreen wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:
Bleedsgreen wrote:
Odd you must have been lurking for a long time to know that with joining in October of 2023 and all and recognizing names who would yell at one prolific spewer of garbage.

Obsession is unhealthy, my friend.

::looks at your 24 posts a day::
If you say so, you would know.

Hey, it’s 17.
JaMarco
Rookie
And1: 697

Post#85 » by JaMarco » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:56 am

Cs def should have traded Brown for Durant lol
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#86 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:10 am

New interview of Jaylen Brown on Point Forward podcast w/ Iguodala and Evan Turner

Haven't listened to it yet: https://shorturl.at/uBCDU

Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,831

Post#87 » by Deivork » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:28 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:From renowned Jaylen Brown hater Zach Lowe on his latest podcast episode:

"Unfortunately for the Celtics, the five bad (possessions) centered around one player, who if I'm setting off alarm bells about the Celtics championship viability (and btw I picked the Celtics to win the championship and I feel good about that pick),... Okay, Celtics, 14 possessions -- 9 good, 5 bad -- the alarm bells are this: the 5 bad, 4 of them centered around the player who is right now maybe the most intriguing player in the league as sort of the swing factor for a great team. And that's Jaylen Brown, who I just don't think is playing very well. (mentions his stats) His handle somehow looks worse. Like every time he dribbles now, I'm nervous that something bad is gonna happen. (goes through the 5 bad possessions)...

My point is this -- I'm worried about how Jaylen Brown started the season. It's hard to notice because the Celtics are 11-3 and he's averaging 21 a game and he's an incredible shotmaker when he's rolling. He's one of the best transition players in the league and he's the master of this sort of like semi-transition backdoor cut on the baseline. I trust him in transition. Everything else is so forced right now. His shot selection is awful at times during this stretch. So many difficult shots. Hero shots. You don't need to be the hero in the second quarter of a game we're up by 12. Just play. And as I watch Boston, other than health and we know they are thin although Payton Pritchard perked up last night... Celtics can make a trade for a 7th guy to fortify their team if they feel the need to. So other than health which is a concern for every team, Jaylen Brown is like, I'm just watching him very closely because if he can't recalibrate his game and his shot selection the right way and it's off-kilter like this, there are going to be playoff games in the muck of crunch time where he undoes the Celtics offense and the Celtics offense undoes itself late in these games. As great as they are, their margin for error in the playoffs is pretty thin. "

Omg! Put this in the air of Massachussets or something! Hopefully this kind of clear, no-nonsense message arrives to him somehow.

:meditate:
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#88 » by Red2 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:54 pm

Forget the $300m+ for a second. Brown has to be better. He has to be more consistent. At this point in his career he can’t play like he did on Momday. I’m tired of “ I had a bad game” or “ I’ve got to be better”. Just be better and be smarter. Don’t take a bad 3 early in the shot clock with the game on the line especially when KP was wide open in the paint. Both he and Tatum need to eliminate the bone head plays
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,470

Post#89 » by BK_2020 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:03 pm

Imagine always being paired together with a far inferior player and being chastized for his mistakes just because your name happens to begin with "Jay."
ryan in Maine
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,770

Post#90 » by ryan in Maine » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:48 am

KillahGhostface wrote:Man, that Comedian poster was saying all of this stuff years ago, and got yelled at constantly by the same people now saying the same things.

Listen to Sinister by CZARFACE @YouTube
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,001

Post#91 » by sam_I_am » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:58 am

ryan in Maine wrote:

This thread was embarrassing then and it’s embarrassing now.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#92 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:00 am

Great game by Jaylen, a lot of quick attacks and passes right off of the catch. Was used really well, and him/KP did some nice work on the PnR.

Hopefully Jaylen can build on this and not try doing everything off the dribble.
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 3,002

Post#93 » by CelticFaninLBC » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:26 am

Consider tonight's win vs the second best team an L for JB haters.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#94 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:35 am

Deivork wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:From renowned Jaylen Brown hater Zach Lowe on his latest podcast episode:

"Unfortunately for the Celtics, the five bad (possessions) centered around one player, who if I'm setting off alarm bells about the Celtics championship viability (and btw I picked the Celtics to win the championship and I feel good about that pick),... Okay, Celtics, 14 possessions -- 9 good, 5 bad -- the alarm bells are this: the 5 bad, 4 of them centered around the player who is right now maybe the most intriguing player in the league as sort of the swing factor for a great team. And that's Jaylen Brown, who I just don't think is playing very well. (mentions his stats) His handle somehow looks worse. Like every time he dribbles now, I'm nervous that something bad is gonna happen. (goes through the 5 bad possessions)...

My point is this -- I'm worried about how Jaylen Brown started the season. It's hard to notice because the Celtics are 11-3 and he's averaging 21 a game and he's an incredible shotmaker when he's rolling. He's one of the best transition players in the league and he's the master of this sort of like semi-transition backdoor cut on the baseline. I trust him in transition. Everything else is so forced right now. His shot selection is awful at times during this stretch. So many difficult shots. Hero shots. You don't need to be the hero in the second quarter of a game we're up by 12. Just play. And as I watch Boston, other than health and we know they are thin although Payton Pritchard perked up last night... Celtics can make a trade for a 7th guy to fortify their team if they feel the need to. So other than health which is a concern for every team, Jaylen Brown is like, I'm just watching him very closely because if he can't recalibrate his game and his shot selection the right way and it's off-kilter like this, there are going to be playoff games in the muck of crunch time where he undoes the Celtics offense and the Celtics offense undoes itself late in these games. As great as they are, their margin for error in the playoffs is pretty thin. "

Omg! Put this in the air of Massachussets or something! Hopefully this kind of clear, no-nonsense message arrives to him somehow.

:meditate:

Jaylen Brown listens to the Lowe Post confirmed. One of his best offensive games ever.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,556

Post#95 » by shackles10 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:19 pm

Originally I said Jrue or White/ KP/ Hauser/ Horford. I’m sticking with the same basic group but I’m ready to get more specific. White out there instead of it not mattering for me. Jrue is too similar to Smart in shot selection at times so I’m going White with JB. It’s not a big deal but if we’re talking our ideal lineups with JB that’s mine.
Objectivity
Junior
And1: 255

Post#96 » by Objectivity » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:18 pm

As Banchero said after the game. “It’s easy to pass the ball when you genuinely trust and love each other.”

My biggest problem with Brown over the years other than his lack of ball handling and decision making has been chemistry. Chemistry matters!

The hype machine thought it was hating to point out his chemistry with other players off the court. Years later…JB admits it himself.

JB is not mature enough to not let his jealousy and chemistry issues not show on the court. KP went down and JB goes back to 100% ME mode.

JB likes the two man game with KP because it’s a higher percentage chance of him either getting the ball back or at least limiting Tatum’s touches.

I’ve seen a large enough sample size. JB could pass more to Tatum or others IF he wanted to, but his point totals may continue to drop.

I will continue to state every year that Ball and Banchero are better players than Brown and play better TEAM basketball.

Banchero did not have his best game but he defaulted to getting his teammates involved.

We are paying JB 300+ million to play team basketball a few times a year instead of every game.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#97 » by BK_2020 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:24 pm

I guess the Jaylenstans aren't going to come out to chirp in this thread tonight.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#98 » by Floody100 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:39 pm

BK_2020 wrote:I guess the Jaylenstans aren't going to come out to chirp in this thread tonight.

Where were you after his game against the Bucks ?

You & Jaylenstans are just as bad was each other.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#99 » by BK_2020 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:40 pm

Floody100 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:I guess the Jaylenstans aren't going to come out to chirp in this thread tonight.

I was busy voting Jaylen for VC and voicing that fact in the post-game thread, of course.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#100 » by Floody100 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:45 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Floody100 wrote:

I was busy voting Jaylen for VC and voicing that fact in the post-game thread, of course.

Oh how nice of you leaving a “Jaylen was my pick” in the last game thread as your only positive comment about him, only to flood this post game thread with about a dozen comments taking glee out of watching him have a bad game.

As I said before, you’re pathetic.

Return to Boston Celtics