ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston (and Maine), Drew Peterson!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,402

Re: Welcome to Boston (and Maine), Drew Peterson! 

Post#21 » by Homerclease » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#22 » by Hal14 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:53 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw

Yeah this guy can definitely play. There's potential here. Really like that play at 1:00 with the drive and nifty dish.

The key is defense - if he can hold his own on D and not be a liability, he's got a chance.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#23 » by 24istheLAW » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:33 pm

Kinda curious, not gonna lie.

There's a loooot of shots out there for the taking with the 6 starters staggered. Just need to find guys who can hit them.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,607

Post#24 » by playa-hater » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:52 pm

Loading up on as much game film/videos I can. Really seems like he might have a high ceiling potential. But why after 5 years of college does it look like he never touched a weight before. I get it, some guys have trouble putting on weight. But with his size and length he would be a decent switchable defender If he could at least get stronger.

Reminds me a bit of Banton. Needs to show an "NBA" jump shot (unlike Banton) and finishing ability.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,194

Post#25 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
â–‘Nâ–‘0â–‘0â–‘Dâ–‘Sâ–‘ â–‘Iâ–‘Nâ–‘ â–‘Bâ–‘Iâ–‘Oâ–‘
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,675

Post#26 » by Green89 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:14 am

He is a smart player with good court vision. Definite potential here.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,718

Post#27 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:52 am

I'm just glad he isn't named Scott. (Laci Peterson's killer husband's name.)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,158

Post#28 » by chakdaddy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:27 pm

I think shooters have the most upside in 2 way prospects, since consistency and confidence are variable and hard to assess. Size and athleticism are more obvious so those types of players are more likely unemployed for a reason.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,699

Post#29 » by return2glory » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:08 pm

Drew must have reminded Brad Stevens of one of his players when Brad coached at Butler.

Having watched Drew for the past few seasons at USC, there is a lot to his game that resembles Gordon Haywards game.
The same height, position, shooting, dribbling and passing are similar. Drew also has that turn around-fall away jumper
than Hayward has.

I'm hoping he gets a chance in Boston next season.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,534

Post#30 » by 165bows » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:10 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:I would get in trouble for saying this, but why is Brad trying to corner the market on guys who don't look the part of a basketball player? Guy's got skillz though. Love guys who can see the floor and deliver pinpoint passes.

On the first part I wonder if there isn’t some legitimate bit of under valuing there.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,150

Post#31 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:29 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:I'm just glad he isn't named Scott. (Laci Peterson's killer husband's name.)

Yoooo i thought that was his name because i mentioned it before!! :lol:
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,421

Post#32 » by threrf23 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:44 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:I'm just glad he isn't named Scott. (Laci Peterson's killer husband's name.)

eh Drew isn't much better in this context, actually its worse
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,718

Post#33 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:13 pm

threrf23 wrote:

eh Drew isn't much better in this context, actually its worse

There could be a LOT of unpleasant wordplay if his name were actually Scott.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#34 » by Hal14 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:58 pm

return2glory wrote:Drew must have reminded Brad Stevens of one of his players when Brad coached at Butler.

Having watched Drew for the past few seasons at USC, there is a lot to his game that resembles Gordon Haywards game.
The same height, position, shooting, dribbling and passing are similar. Drew also has that turn around-fall away jumper
than Hayward has.

I'm hoping he gets a chance in Boston next season.

Yeah there's certainly some similarities. Hayward is obviously better. In his prime much more athletic than Peterson and much better defensively.

But even if Peterson can be like a poor man's Hayward, there's a chance he could be a solid 8th/9th man.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,849

Post#35 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:05 pm

First game but I liked what little I saw in the highlights. Made a nice athletic finish. The passing is as advertised. For real. That no look to the cutter on the break was sexy. That's real .5, I see what's gonna happen before it happens, basketball. Gonna be worth keeping our eye on this one for a few.

and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,607

Post#36 » by playa-hater » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:32 am

I don't know about you guys but I am ready to start Peterson. And I don't mean on Maine.. :D
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Post#37 » by 31to6 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:02 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:First game but I liked what little I saw in the highlights. Made a nice athletic finish. The passing is as advertised. For real. That no look to the cutter on the break was sexy. That's real .5, I see what's gonna happen before it happens, basketball. Gonna be worth keeping our eye on this one for a few.

I LOVED that no-look pass on the break, but IMO he's too skinny and slow to warrant many more posts.

JD seemed to relish hitting several big jumpers -- continue to be interested in his development.

Forgot about Tony Snell -- toiling away in POR -- I lol that I was confident they were bringing him to Maine as a testing ground for coming to Boston -- guess not, but he's getting paid to hoop and that's the dream!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,849

Post#38 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:28 am

31to6 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:First game but I liked what little I saw in the highlights. Made a nice athletic finish. The passing is as advertised. For real. That no look to the cutter on the break was sexy. That's real .5, I see what's gonna happen before it happens, basketball. Gonna be worth keeping our eye on this one for a few.

I LOVED that no-look pass on the break, but IMO he's too skinny and slow to warrant many more posts.

JD seemed to relish hitting several big jumpers -- continue to be interested in his development.

Forgot about Tony Snell -- toiling away in POR -- I lol that I was confident they were bringing him to Maine as a testing ground for coming to Boston -- guess not, but he's getting paid to hoop and that's the dream!

He could certainly do to put on another 10-15 lbs for sure. But he's only 23. Lots of guys have come into the league skinny and filled out by the time they're 26-27. The question is, is there enough talent to keep him here? Someone who can see the floor like that is worth taking a look at. That said, he didn't get drafted so reality is probably leaning more on your side. Still, I'm gonna kee[ an eye out. You never know.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,876

Post#39 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:01 am

The passing is nice but the reality is that he has to be 40% or better from beyond the arc to stick in the league. I'm rooting for him because he plays the right way, but you never know. I feel the same way about Lamar Stevens.

Defense is another issue. Hauser has improved his defense alot since his rookie year, and it's why he can stay on the floor.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#40 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:29 am

I watched the second Maine game.
Peterson was barely a blip on the court.
Did very little but miss most of his shots, I think from what I remember.
I still don't think JD Davidson is an NBA player.
Could be wrong but I think he doesn't have it for some reason or at least in the games I see.
JD Walsh was truly awful and insignificant. Didn't seem to want to be out there not much of an effort he looks like he got benched in the fourth quarter or maybe it was just a rotation.
This was the least impressive game for me of him.
A game like this says he's not going to be able to help during the playoffs.
The announcers were boring as hell reminded me of supermarket generic, trying to keep my eyelids from rolling down like drapes.

Return to Boston Celtics