ImageImageImage

NBA All-Star Wknd, Feb. 16-18, 2024

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Of Our Players, who would you send to the All-Stars?

Jrue Holiday
6%
Derrick White
23%
Jaylen Brown
19%
Jaylen Tatum
28%
Kristaps Porziņģis
23%
Other Player
No votes

Total votes: 137

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,765

Re: NBA All-Star Wknd, Feb. 16-18, 2024 

Post#221 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:17 am

meatball sub wrote:jaylen forgot to do the dee brown no look while he was in the air & did it on the way down like nobody would notice LOL

Dee Brown was the originator of the dab.

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,533

Post#222 » by Fierce1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:32 am

One more to go, the All-Star game.

Hope the Cs come ready to play next week.

Chicago, NY, and Philly are the next 3 games.

No Randle, no Embiid, should be no problem, I hope.
MrTribbiani
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#223 » by MrTribbiani » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:55 am

The Corey's wrote:I still can't believe the simpletons are impressed with these guys jumping over things.

You're not impressed with a 6 foot 1 dude clearing a 7 foot 1 dude and dunking it at the same time?

Something tells me that you're just mad that Jaylen had a bad showing.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,908

Post#224 » by The Corey's » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:06 am

MrTribbiani wrote:
The Corey's wrote:I still can't believe the simpletons are impressed with these guys jumping over things.

You're not impressed with a 6 foot 1 dude clearing a 7 foot 1 dude and dunking it at the same time?

I'm not impressed by the best athletes in the world jumping really high, no.

Brown was awful and deserved to lose.

The competition just isn't innovative and nothing happens we haven't seen a hundred times already.

Cancel it.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,068

Post#225 » by exculpatory » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:47 am

All Star weekend is a waste of viewing.

The actual game will suck also tonight - as always.

Hope JT plays limited minutes without injury.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,068

Post#226 » by exculpatory » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:48 am

Let’s sweep our last 27 games & finish 70-12.

CELTICS!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,545

Post#227 » by shackles10 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pm

I’m good with Brown’s showing. Nothing amazing by any means but mostly completed on the first try which I old-school respect since you used to be terribly penalized for misses. I understand the need to add attempts encourages guys to be innovative and try harder things. Basically, JB didn’t embarrass himself and more importantly didn’t get hurt. He’s definitely an in game dunker though and got his points from his power. Hopefully this encourages more stars to compete as I think we’ve reached a point where other than gimmicks the event can’t add too much more content unless we open it up to guys who are just dunkers and not even g league players. Also I found the left handed glove move to be hilarious.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,999

Post#228 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:12 pm

Instead of NBA players, the slam dunk contest should be a battle of the leprechauns-- you know, the guys with the trampolines who put on a halftime show in about have the arenas in the league.

"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,001

Post#229 » by sam_I_am » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:38 pm

shackles10 wrote:I’m good with Brown’s showing. Nothing amazing by any means but mostly completed on the first try which I old-school respect since you used to be terribly penalized for misses. I understand the need to add attempts encourages guys to be innovative and try harder things. Basically, JB didn’t embarrass himself and more importantly didn’t get hurt. He’s definitely an in game dunker though and got his points from his power. Hopefully this encourages more stars to compete as I think we’ve reached a point where other than gimmicks the event can’t add too much more content unless we open it up to guys who are just dunkers and not even g league players. Also I found the left handed glove move to be hilarious.

I only watched replays this morning. JB was surprisingly entertaining and way better than I expected. The Dee Brown inspired dunk with Tatum was as bad as I heard and was disappointing relative to the others. Maclung jumping over people was crazy but the dunks themselves were kind of boring. Still, he deserved the win. Overall I was impressed with Brown’s showing and the energy he brought to the event and I feel like he represented the Celtics really well.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,169

Post#230 » by chakdaddy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:55 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
shackles10 wrote:I’m good with Brown’s showing. Nothing amazing by any means but mostly completed on the first try which I old-school respect since you used to be terribly penalized for misses. I understand the need to add attempts encourages guys to be innovative and try harder things. Basically, JB didn’t embarrass himself and more importantly didn’t get hurt. He’s definitely an in game dunker though and got his points from his power. Hopefully this encourages more stars to compete as I think we’ve reached a point where other than gimmicks the event can’t add too much more content unless we open it up to guys who are just dunkers and not even g league players. Also I found the left handed glove move to be hilarious.

I only watched replays this morning. JB was surprisingly entertaining and way better than I expected. The Dee Brown inspired dunk with Tatum was as bad as I heard and was disappointing relative to the others. Maclung jumping over people was crazy but the dunks themselves were kind of boring. Still, he deserved the win. Overall I was impressed with Brown’s showing and the energy he brought to the event and I feel like he represented the Celtics really well.

I'm kind of glad he lost, it changes the narrative from an undeserved win to a respectable 2nd place.

Everyone's dunks were repetitive, Mac in particular, but his level of difficulty was higher. Funny that he's not even on an NBA contract. They should invite an amateur to raise the bar.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,572

Post#231 » by bisme37 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:03 pm

shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,545

Post#232 » by shackles10 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:08 pm

bisme37 wrote:Image

JT clearly thought he was with Zinger out there.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#233 » by bisme37 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:23 pm

sam_I_am wrote:

The GB predictably hated JB last night lol. Before it started I'd posted: "I know damn well you guys are going to destroy Jaylen Brown if he sucks in the dunk contest so hopefully he doesn't suck."

JB didn't even suck but they destroyed him anyway. People were mad at the judges but took it out on him. I think his first dunk was better than people thought since it was a power dunk and TNT didn't show it live and in slo-mo you lose the power. And overall his dunks were solid.

Gotta admit this comment was funny though: "Jaylen Brown about to do something never seen in the dunk comp… take an ill advised jumper."
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#234 » by bisme37 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:28 pm

MrTribbiani
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#235 » by MrTribbiani » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:29 pm

The Corey's wrote:
MrTribbiani wrote:

I'm not impressed by the best athletes in the world jumping really high, no.

Brown was awful and deserved to lose.

The competition just isn't innovative and nothing happens we haven't seen a hundred times already.

Cancel it.

That's a wack take.

You seem like the kind of dude who isn't impressed by anything lol.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,279

Post#236 » by Parasite » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:41 pm

Jaylens dunks were ho-hum and nothing deserving of inclusion in a dunk contest. Props to him for trying though. Honestly, Toppin should’ve been in the finals vs Mac because his between the legs dunk was better than anything Jaylen did.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#237 » by GoGreen » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:46 pm

The Curry/Sabrina 3 pt contest was the highlight of the night, too bad it didn't last long.

Skills competition was boring and I didn't know what was going on half the time tbh.

I like the dunk contest in general (this one wasn't very good though), and I feel if we canceled it everyone would want it back. I'd keep it.

Overall? Eh, maybe fun for the kids which if so, great
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,469

Post#238 » by threrf23 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:35 pm

GoGreen wrote:
I like the dunk contest in general (this one wasn't very good though), and I feel if we canceled it everyone would want it back. I'd keep it.

I would keep it too, but it could probably be improved, could be gamified a bit more. Could be forced props, elements of horse, trampolines & technology, idk. Putting out the same contest year by year seems lazy, and increasingly uninteresting where its increasingly hard for contestants to do something nobody has seen before.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,444

Post#239 » by BK_2020 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:01 am

bisme37 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:

The GB predictably hated JB last night lol. Before it started I'd posted: "I know damn well you guys are going to destroy Jaylen Brown if he sucks in the dunk contest so hopefully he doesn't suck."

JB didn't even suck but they destroyed him anyway. People were mad at the judges but took it out on him. I think his first dunk was better than people thought since it was a power dunk and TNT didn't show it live and in slo-mo you lose the power. And overall his dunks were solid.

Gotta admit this comment was funny though: "Jaylen Brown about to do something never seen in the dunk comp… take an ill advised jumper."

Power dunk is what you do when you can't jump so you need to compensate with the arm. It's not that impressive and it's not what people want in a dunk contest.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,959

Post#240 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:09 am

Who tha **** this ***** singing canadas national anthem?

Return to Boston Celtics