ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Jaden Springer!

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,442

Re: Welcome to Boston, Jaden Springer! 

Post#61 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:12 am

So… I finally looked at a lot of clips, including the ones in here about twice each.

Defense and me = MOIST!

I don’t think Joe will play him and that is why I’m not excited like I usually am. I wanted us to pick up someone that forces Joe to try to fit them into the rotation. I have nothing against him at all and actually like the footage but i have enough binkies that never play, I’m tired!

I know Stevens was poo offensively and didn’t show the defense like I thought he would and I wasted a lot of energy being mad at Joe for not forcing him earlier so he could get a rhythm! I’ll end up liking a guy and never see them get half a chance!!

His defense has a hold on me, really hits my spirit like X does, but I’m still not excited for another towel twirler!

If Joe doesn’t play X and/or this kid I’m going to lose it! I only have enough anger for X for sure, so I’ll leave Springer to Killah, president of his fan club… unless he gets minutes and then it’s no telling how dumb I’ll get!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,921

Post#62 » by playa-hater » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:12 am

Right now as I post JS already has elite defensive potential. and at only 21, can easily still develop a more consistent shot. And I say again he is probably better than whatever he has been currently shooting. Now factor in whatever defense he already has and imagine learning from White and Jrue, he may become even better on defense.

For what we traded JS is a no risk potentially solid reward.

Sometimes PP comes in and sparks us with his energy and much needed 3 point shooting. JS can come in and do the same with his energy on defense.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#63 » by Fierce1 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:33 am

playa-hater wrote:Right now as I post JS already has elite defensive potential. and at only 21, can easily still develop a more consistent shot. And I say again he is probably better than whatever he has been currently shooting. Now factor in whatever defense he already has and imagine learning from White and Jrue, he may become even better on defense.

For what we traded JS is a no risk potentially solid reward.

Sometimes PP comes in and sparks us with his energy and much needed 3 point shooting. JS can come in and do the same with his energy on defense.

Maybe he can also host a talk show. :lol:
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,604

Post#64 » by 165bows » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:16 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Guy’s all elbows and knees.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,601

Post#65 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:17 am

JS is going to end up a DWhite lite type player. Calling it now. May take a few years. Love the pickup especially if the Celtics develop him over the next few years
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,243

Post#66 » by Hal14 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:25 am

cl2117 wrote:
Gant wrote:
Read on Twitter

This gives me a ton more confidence in the move.

The biggest thing that puts me off on Springer is just the fact that he hasn't made enough of a jump to the NBA level, but if we've got multiple guys who've worked with him in Philly and vouch for him as a guy who could be a late bloomer, then I'm on board.

He certainly could be a late bloomer. Although it's his 3rd season in the league, he was was only 18 when he was drafted.

He's still just 21. We gave up on Nesmith and traded him when he was 22 - look how that turned out. Nesmith went to Indy and is balling out.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,565

Post#67 » by Memokerobi » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:42 am

I like this move. I don't expect him to play much this season but:

1) He is 21 and under contract, someone we can develop into a rotation guy down the line. At worst a $4M tradable contract.

2) We have a tendency to let guards go supernova on us, he can be a situational guy where you can put him in for 10 mins and ask him to harass whoever's got the hot hand, full court pressure, physical play and good defense
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,454

Post#68 » by Parliament10 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:27 am

Homerclease wrote:
Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:Who cares about middle second rounders lol

The team builder nerds prefer them to winning a title.

I care about middle second rounders. You can use them to get real NBA players like Xavier Tillman if you are smart enough to trade them instead of using them to draft someone and watch all their value immediately disappear.

….which is what they did. So what are you complaining about?

Tone it down.
Your posts have been getting more hostile.

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,123

Post#69 » by RickyDizzle » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:32 am

Memokerobi wrote:I like this move. I don't expect him to play much this season but:

1) He is 21 and under contract, someone we can develop into a rotation guy down the line. At worst a $4M tradable contract.

2) We have a tendency to let guards go supernova on us, he can be a situational guy where you can put him in for 10 mins and ask him to harass whoever's got the hot hand, full court pressure, physical play and good defense

Some potential and a tradable 4 mil contract. Better than letting the Grant TPE go unused.

His highlights are funny, steals, blocks, spin moves and dump offs to a trailing teammate. Nothing else. He either spins or dumps it back every time he's headed to the rim.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,454

Post#70 » by Parliament10 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:33 am

31to6 wrote:I am going to invoke another former much-loved Celtic (by me) who worked his way up from the D-League (pre G-League) as a defense-first player:

Avery Bradley

#BelieveInSpringer

Yeah, that's true. He ended up taking over for Ray Allen in the Starting Lineup; I think it was the next year?
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,584

Post#71 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:45 am

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,584

Post#72 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:44 am

More Sixers fans reaction to inject straight into your veins...

Read on Twitter

Sixers just have a history of helping out the Celtics -- Fultz for Tatum, releasing Horford so Brad could re-acquire him in a salary dump, completely disappearing in an ECSF game 7, etc.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,921

Post#73 » by playa-hater » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:03 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:More Sixers fans reaction to inject straight into your veins...

Read on Twitter

Sixers just have a history of helping out the Celtics -- Fultz for Tatum, releasing Horford so Brad could re-acquire him in a salary dump, completely disappearing in an ECSF game 7, etc.

It's 3 AM by me and this made me chuckle I knew checking the latest posts was gonna be good. :D
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#74 » by ParticleMan » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:29 am

Brad collecting the dirt dogs. springer/holiday/white is the best defensive guard rotation in the nba. i mean yeah springer won't play over preseason p but he will get some minutes when guys are "injured". nice low-cost flier by brad.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,735

Post#75 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:21 am

Yea this is one that could go either way but unlikely too far either direction. Could maybe develop in to a passable role player. Moreys just going for maximum flexibility I guess.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,778

Post#76 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:39 am

Hal14 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bargain Bin Suggs.

It's funny you say that. They were in the same draft class, 2021.

Suggs was a consensus top 5 pick. Springer was projected to go mid to late 1st round. But I actually thought Springer had the chance to be the better NBA player. They seemed to be very similar in terms of play style, size, athleticism, etc. Springer was a little bit younger though and shot a much higher 3 FG% in college (43% to 34%).

Suggs in college:

Springer in college:

Looks pretty similar to me..

I come in peace.

Suggs plays like a point guard
Springer plays like a power forward

Springer is good value for a second rounder
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,956

Post#77 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:57 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:More Sixers fans reaction to inject straight into your veins...

Read on Twitter

Wait. When did we become rivals with philly?

They are beneath us and thus cannot be a rival.

Our rival is LA.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,999

Post#78 » by cl2117 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:24 am

76ciology wrote:I come in peace.

Suggs plays like a point guard
Springer plays like a power forward

Springer is good value for a second rounder

So would you say a Marcus Smart comparison is apt?

It's been really interesting to see the pretty wide spectrum of opinion from 76ers fans on trading him. Seems like it swings from shock he had any value to major disappointment you didn't keep developing him.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,652

Post#79 » by Homerclease » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:19 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:I care about middle second rounders. You can use them to get real NBA players like Xavier Tillman if you are smart enough to trade them instead of using them to draft someone and watch all their value immediately disappear.

….which is what they did. So what are you complaining about?

Tone it down.
Your posts have been getting more hostile.

~ Parl

There is zero hostility in that post.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,920

Post#80 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:32 pm

playa-hater wrote:

Read on Twitter

It's 3 AM by me and this made me chuckle I knew checking the latest posts was gonna be good. :D

Read on Twitter
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics