ImageImageImage

OT : I'm coming to the States...

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,240

Re: OT : I'm coming to the States... 

Post#21 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:01 am

Curmudgeon wrote:Except for Dallas and Oklahoma City, I think you'll find that Texas and the Oklahoma panhandle resemble the outback, except with more people.

Yeah...it will be interesting. I've been to the States before, but as a kid, and just briefly.
I'm from Melbourne (along with at least 50% of Aussie basketball junkies) which is a pretty decent sized city, so it'll all be interesting I think. You guys are built different...lol
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,921

Post#22 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:21 am

LewisnotMiller wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Wow - congratulations to you & your daughter. That's pretty impressive.

On the Texas part, if you're based in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio are all doable drives if you're motivated. Slightly less obvious is that OKC is just as close to Dallas as the other 2.

For the NY side, beyond Knicks and Nets, PHI is a quick drive/train ride. BOS/WAS further.

The OKC part is interesting to me.
Previous tours had gone to an OKC home game, because Giddey had made himself available to meet the team. I'd been a little confused, since even I know OKC isn't in Texas...lol

The internal transfers are all included in the tour. We can deviate a little, but it's more a matter of waiting to see whether they can line anything good up with the teams (beyond just attending the game).
A previous tour group was allowed to run a full training sessions at the Staples Centre. That would be cool for a bunch of Aussie kids.

It's flat country with wide roads. Google Maps should be pretty reasonable in indicating distances. In the Los Angeles area there can be all-day traffic, and East Coast driving can be more complicated than that. But Texas/Oklahoma are pretty straightforward -- unless, of course, you experience one of the very rare days with a winter ice storm. Then everything hilariously shuts down.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,180

Post#23 » by 31to6 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:01 pm

djFan71 wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
djFan71 wrote:I'm not sure how we all got roped into this stampede of puns.

Look, I'm not sure what beef you have with 31to6, but if you don't like puns then a gentle prod would be better. Or, I can join in if you like and I'll try not to butcher it.

It's rare to have a thread this well done

we all knew the steaks

Spoiler:
I can't express how udderly impressed I am; other threads just skim off the top
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
BirdsWord33
Ballboy
And1: 37

Post#24 » by BirdsWord33 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:38 pm

You guys gotta quit milking these puns. Also as a dad, this is the best thread ever. Best of luck to OP on the trip.

Return to Boston Celtics