ImageImageImage

Game Thread – Celtics @ Cavaliers – 7:30PM, Tues, March 5, 2024

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Bleedsgreen
Pro Prospect
And1: 351

Re: Game Thread – Celtics @ Cavaliers – 7:30PM, Tues, March 5, 2024 

Post#461 » by Bleedsgreen » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:00 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
TheMartian wrote:
Hal14 wrote:So rush your shot?

We got the ball with 18 seconds left. That's 4 seconds less than a regular possession. By using up all (or at least most) of those 18 seconds, you give yourself more time to work the ball around for a quality shot attempt - and you leave less time on the clock for the other team..

But they didn't work the ball around. It was all Tatum iso.

You're down, you go quick or call a timeout to set up a play, no questions asked. If you miss, you can still foul and send opponent to the FT line.

THIS IS SO BASIC I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST WITNESSED. (And it's not the first time this has happened either.)

Could have been worse they could have been lining up to shoot a 3 and take a less second 3 point shot when they needed 1. Which has happened too.
"Kyrie will 100% win this standoff btw." A Comedian
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 10,036

Post#462 » by Jakeopp » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:00 am

Scarletfire81 wrote:This game had little to do with Mazulla. Tatum was absolutely abysmal in the second half, it was not only bad shooting but low IQ.

Mazulla was a spectator, he refused to do his job at the end of the game. A good coach calls a TO and runs an actual play instead of the old "star player dribbles out the clock and chucks it" play that Doc Rivers loved with Pierce lol.
jumblin
Rookie
And1: 1,088

Post#463 » by jumblin » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:00 am

Tatum wonders why he's not in MVP talks, its because he shows negative leaderships down the stretch time after time.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,343

Post#464 » by TheMartian » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:00 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
TheMartian wrote:
Hal14 wrote:So rush your shot?

We got the ball with 18 seconds left. That's 4 seconds less than a regular possession. By using up all (or at least most) of those 18 seconds, you give yourself more time to work the ball around for a quality shot attempt - and you leave less time on the clock for the other team..

You're down, you go quick or call a timeout to set up a play, no questions asked. If you miss, you can still foul and send opponent to the FT line.

THIS IS SO BASIC I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST WITNESSED. (And it's not the first time this has happened either.)

These are exactly the 2 things that should've been option 1 and 2 in that last possession. Again, I don't know how Mazzulla apologists can defend how he let that abysmal possession transpire.
Shamrock
Head Coach
And1: 5,084

Post#465 » by Shamrock » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:01 am

jfs1000d wrote:If they don’t win the titles and they lose games like in the playoffs, head coach gott go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta be the last chance for Joe if they lose this year. He's gotta go
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,556

Post#466 » by Scarletfire81 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:02 am

Jakeopp wrote:
Scarletfire81 wrote:This game had little to do with Mazulla. Tatum was absolutely abysmal in the second half, it was not only bad shooting but low IQ.

Mazulla was a spectator, he refused to do his job at the end of the game. A good coach calls a TO and runs an actual play instead of the old "star player dribbles out the clock and chucks it" play that Doc Rivers loved with Pierce lol.

They were in that position because of Tatum’s low IQ BB.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,508

Post#467 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:02 am

Hal14 wrote:
Parasite wrote:This is why we won’t win it all this year if we don’t. But everyone please keep slobbering all over Mazzulla.

PierceFan4ever wrote:This team won’t beat Denver when they play like this in the clutch

**** this coach

Oh please. We lose 1 game a month..3rd highest net rating in NBA history, yet the 1 game a month we lose, it's comments like this where people say the team won't win it all and the coach sucks.

Give me a break.

I understand that, however this team has had these crunch time issues ever since Odoka left.
Geech
Junior
And1: 104

Post#468 » by Geech » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:02 am

Besides playing without the same pace as the GS game and Cleveland had a foul to waste, and 1.5 seconds left when the foul was called, didn't we lose possession after the overturned call a few months back because we didn't get the rebound? I'm hoping I'm wrong about the last two.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,659

Post#469 » by Triple7 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:05 am

Tatum going for the last shot with that ugly ugly fade away looping shot, with probably no chance of going in. Whe he scored the entire 2nd half??! 4ptss???
He’s no MVp. He should just shut his mouth!
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,463

Post#470 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:05 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Watched enough of Tatum and Brown over 7 years to know they’re moronic at times and shoot teams back into games.

But sure pop up for your usual Joe whinge after being anonymous for weeks when we win 11 straight.

I was here in the Dallas game. I was here for the GSW game. Not my fault you only lay attention when Mazzula’s name is mentioned lol

Brown wasn’t even in the game til like 5 min left lol Brown and Tatum also let them run down 19 seconds of the clock at the end :lol: :lol:

Brown shot 40% over the night.

Mazzulla could call a timeout and Tatum would still find a way to make a possession terrible. We have dumb as players at the end of games.

Lol. Cool bro.

Man died with two time outs..again. But now we know why he doesn’t take em! He’s scared Tatum will ruin it anyways!

:lol: :lol:
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Wisedude
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#471 » by Wisedude » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:08 am

Wade has never had a game like this before, especially in the 4th Quarter. He shot lights out but the Celtics did not respect him.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,569

Post#472 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:09 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
I was here in the Dallas game. I was here for the GSW game. Not my fault you only lay attention when Mazzula’s name is mentioned lol

Brown wasn’t even in the game til like 5 min left lol Brown and Tatum also let them run down 19 seconds of the clock at the end :lol: :lol:

Brown shot 40% over the night.

Mazzulla could call a timeout and Tatum would still find a way to make a possession terrible. We have dumb as players at the end of games.

Lol. Cool bro.

Man died with two time outs..again. But now we know why he doesn’t take em! He’s scared Tatum will ruin it anyways!

Timeouts, the magical solution to everything!!!
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#473 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:14 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Brown shot 40% over the night.

Lol. Cool bro.

Might aswell take em away from the game, the useless things.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#474 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:19 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Lol. Cool bro.

They’re not nearly as important as you think they are.

They don’t matter a bit if a team is playing lazy defence and refuses to swing the ball offensively.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#475 » by Hal14 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:31 am

TheMartian wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
TheMartian wrote:

These are exactly the 2 things that should've been option 1 and 2 in that last possession. Again, I don't know how Mazzulla apologists can defend how he let that abysmal possession transpire.

Read on Twitter
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
colincb
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#476 » by colincb » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:35 am

"Mazzulla didn’t love some of the execution down the stretch but said they were some good situational teaching points to pull from."

Timeouts?! Timeouts! I don't need no stinking timeouts. I've got teaching points!
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#477 » by Hal14 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:35 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Parasite wrote:This is why we won’t win it all this year if we don’t. But everyone please keep slobbering all over Mazzulla.

PierceFan4ever wrote:This team won’t beat Denver when they play like this in the clutch

**** this coach

Oh please. We lose 1 game a month..3rd highest net rating in NBA history, yet the 1 game a month we lose, it's comments like this where people say the team won't win it all and the coach sucks.

Give me a break.

I understand that, however this team has had these crunch time issues ever since Odoka left.

We've had crunch time issues ever since Brad was coaching and we crumbled late in games when LeBron beat us in the ECF.

This season we're 3rd in clutch time winning % and 5th in clutch time net rating (the Bulls are 2nd though so I guess we take that stat with a grain of salt..)
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,343

Post#478 » by TheMartian » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:45 am

Hal14 wrote:
TheMartian wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:You're down, you go quick or call a timeout to set up a play, no questions asked. If you miss, you can still foul and send opponent to the FT line.

Read on Twitter

17 seconds Hal. You're telling me it took Joe 12+ seconds to realize things were not going the way he wanted it to before trying to call a time out?
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#479 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:50 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Timeouts, the magical solution to everything!!!

They don’t matter a bit if a team is playing lazy defence and refuses to swing the ball offensively.

You know what’s cool about a timeout? You can actually come out and tell your guys what they are doing wrong and help them fix it..but I guess watching them do stupid **** until it’s too late is a better option in your eyes lol
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#480 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:03 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

You know what’s cool about a timeout? You can actually come out and tell your guys what they are doing wrong and help them fix it..but I guess watching them do stupid **** until it’s too late is a better option in your eyes lol

A coach shouldn’t have to tell a bunch of grown ass men to play defence and move the ball

Return to Boston Celtics