ImageImageImage

Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,037

Re: Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5 

Post#261 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:27 pm

The Corey's wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
You guys are all over the place.

I got one of you arguing that Joe doesn't matter and there's no evidence that calling a timeout leads to a statistical difference in the game and then you arguing that he's the reason there dominating.

Yet you're both arguing against my take.

**** Joe.

You only appear when we lose games to **** on Joe with surface level takes. It was bad game by Joe and Tatum. **** happens

What a ridiculous take. I'm not here to circle jerk 80 points blowouts.

When Joe does Joe **** I'm gonna be here to talk about it because that's what matters.

It's the only thing that can stop them from winning the title.

Not that that should happen because they're the best team in the league by light-years.

The title is on Tatum hands not Joe or the rest of the team. Tatum has been doing the same **** with 3 different head coaches and different personnel. If he can’t do it that confirms he’s not a championship caliber number 1.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,910

Post#262 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:40 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
You only appear when we lose games to **** on Joe with surface level takes. It was bad game by Joe and Tatum. **** happens

When Joe does Joe **** I'm gonna be here to talk about it because that's what matters.

Not that that should happen because they're the best team in the league by light-years.

The title is on Tatum hands not Joe or the rest of the team. Tatum has been doing the same **** with 3 different head coaches and different personnel. If he can’t do it that confirms he’s not a championship caliber number 1.

So coaching doesn't matter? That Tatum will inevitably turtle when the lights are brightest?

What about can't dribble for **** Brown?
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,829

Post#263 » by Deivork » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:48 pm

Green89 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really need Brad Stevens to call a timeout and set up a play.

But what about the poster who claimed he was great in the clutch?? And the one who believes everyone is overreacting to blown last possessions? They know more than the numbers prove?

Read on Twitter

Why was everyone and their mothe calling it fade-away and now recently people call it fall-away more and more?

Yes, I know it existed before but has anyone else also noticed the trend?
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,829

Post#264 » by Deivork » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:49 pm

Green89 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really need Brad Stevens to call a timeout and set up a play.

But what about the poster who claimed he was great in the clutch?? And the one who believes everyone is overreacting to blown last possessions? They know more than the numbers prove?

Read on Twitter

Why was everyone and their mother calling it fade-away and now recently people call it fall-away more and more?

Yes, I know it existed before but has anyone else also noticed the trend?
CelticsPride18
General Manager

Post#265 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:51 pm

The Corey's wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

So coaching doesn't matter? That Tatum will inevitably turtle when the lights are brightest?

Put any other Top 5 player in the spot of Tatum in the 2022 Finals or 2023 ECF and he would have won a chip. The only thing that will win us a chip is Tatum being a top 5 player. No more excuses for him.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#266 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:55 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:

Put any other Top 5 player in the spot of Tatum in the 2022 Finals or 2023 ECF and he would have won a chip. The only thing that will win us a chip is Tatum being a top 5 player. No more excuses for him.

Tatum is why they was there in the first place. Tatum had a horrendous finals. This has allowed Brown to go under the radar who had a low key pretty bad finals him self.

Ime also has a horrible finals.

I trust Tatum way more than I trust Joe to make the right decision.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,940

Post#267 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:57 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Strawman argument.

No one said that and to conflate the argument like that is disingenuous.

YOU really shouldn't use that word about anybody ELSE'S posts in this thread.

Help me understand your point.

If your point is you love Joe and don't think he's gonna cost you the title then added to the list you go.

I challenged you about some of your hyperbole and you cravenly ducked.

You've been hyperbolic in other ways as well.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,295

Post#268 » by Ben-N1ce » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:12 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
tfribs45 wrote:
Next season LMAO, it's banner 18 or bust IMO. Our two biggest flaws showed up last night, coaching and end of the game execution. No need to overreact though, but anything less then a Title would be failure!

Its funny. Most dominant reg season since 73 win GS. Wait till next year excuses...absurd.

You're forgetting the 2022 Suns that won 64 games.

Cs need to beat that 64 wins first.

Margin of Victory and all the advanced stats have this as currently an all time regular season in history. Better than the Suns. 3 50 point wins already. Never even been done.
JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 946

Post#269 » by JR Hawks » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:13 pm

The Corey's wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Tatum is why they was there in the first place. Tatum had a horrendous finals. This has allowed Brown to go under the radar who had a low key pretty bad finals him self.

Ime also has a horrible finals.

I trust Tatum way more than I trust Joe to make the right decision.

Nothing says championship like a team with a coach and best player that can't be trusted in crunch time.

The Bucks are going to win the East. They have the best overall player, the best clutch player, and a better coach.

Wyc will fire Joe despite Brad's objections. It will be interesting to see if Brad chooses to stay.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,684

Post#270 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:40 pm

The narrative

Read on Twitter
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#271 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:57 pm

The Corey's wrote:
YOU really shouldn't use that word about anybody ELSE'S posts in this thread.

If your point is you love Joe and don't think he's gonna cost you the title then added to the list you go.

But point me in the right direction because all I remember is talking about the bull foul at the end of the game.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,625

Post#272 » by reload141 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:12 pm

I understand it’s championship or bust.

But there’s a lot of posters here who are showing their true colours.

You’re going to complain and be upset by this game THIS much?

It’s probably a good idea for your mental health to stop posting and stop watching if that’s the case.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,399

Post#273 » by itrsteve » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:13 pm

Man, 14 pages of sulking. C'mon guys.

This loss is a good thing, smoking CLE by 20 would have taught our guys nothing. They've been cruising the past few weeks, so it's not a shocker they had a surprise comeback loss bite them.

Losing sucks but we're not entitled to winning, so it is what it is.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#274 » by Bad-Thoma » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:19 pm

reload141 wrote:I understand it’s championship or bust.

It’s probably a good idea for your mental health to stop posting and stop watching if that’s the case.

I know it would be a good idea for MY mental health if some of our gas bags stopped posting.

48-13. THERE'S NO F***KING CRYING WHEN YOU'RE 48-13.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,940

Post#275 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:29 pm

The Corey's wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

But point me in the right direction because all I remember is talking about the bull foul at the end of the game.

I challenged you on your stated claim that the team would have significantly fewer losses this season with you coaching, among other nonsense.

Your claim that Joe does nothing positive whatsoever is also absurd, especially since you tied it to innovation.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,666

Post#276 » by Homerclease » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:32 pm

Dude, you know it’s a bad loss when JRhawks comes out of hibernation and says the Bucks are going to win the East.
CelticsPride18
General Manager

Post#277 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:34 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:The narrative

Read on Twitter

Every writer had to wait a month to post negative Celtics article. Less than a week ago the Clippers lost a 21 pt lead in the 4th quarter and I didn’t see all this narrative.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#278 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:46 pm

The Corey's wrote:

I challenged you on your stated claim that the team would have significantly fewer losses this season with you coaching, among other nonsense.

Your claim that Joe does nothing positive whatsoever is also absurd, especially since you tied it to innovation.

look, I cant help those who aren't willing to accept that calling timeouts is a fundamental requirement to doing your job.

I can watch the team fall apart for 8 straight minutes too at the fraction of the cost and give you the same results.

the NBA is a players league, coaching doesn't win you games, it loses you games.

It's crazy to me that giving Joe's historical record of not calling time outs, being called out for not calling time outs and losing games because he didn't call time outs that the Celtics would end the game with 2 timeouts in their pocket giving how the game was falling apart.

If anyone think Joe made the right call then they're not copiable for making informed opinions I care to hear.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#279 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:49 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:The narrative

Read on Twitter

Every writer had to wait a month to post negative Celtics article. Less than a week ago the Clippers lost a 21 pt lead in the 4th quarter and I didn’t see all this narrative.

Do you have the Clippers as a serious title contender? Do they have almost a decades long history of turtling in the fourth quarter to blow games they had controlled for 3 quarters?

Do you really even care? who cares what the pundits think. What you should care about is why the Celtics still haven't got over their fourth quarter lulls.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,939

Post#280 » by playa-hater » Wed Mar 6, 2024 9:04 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:

I know it would be a good idea for MY mental health if some of our gas bags stopped posting
48-13. THERE'S NO F***KING CRYING WHEN YOU'RE 48-13.

Is it crying?? Or showiing concern for a collapse that has happened to us like that for.quite a few years.. I will repeat what a few other posters said. It's not the loss , but the manner of loss , which seems to be what is causing most to be concerned.

I am already in mid season cruise control. great record or our occasional collapse I am no longer as high or as low. This is all regular season. Everyone and their uncle knows the playoffs are the second season.. And the real season..

I already am aware, This will be a season of total exhilaration or complete utter agony.. There Will be no silver lining or .moral victories.. At least not for me , although some seem to think any good season is good enough.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS

Return to Boston Celtics