ImageImageImage

Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Birdon
Sophomore
And1: 152

Re: Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5 

Post#321 » by Birdon » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:50 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:One explanation for the energy in this long thread:

If somebody is inclined to be negative the post-game thread after a loss, they haven't had many opportunities for that this season.
It’s a golden opportunity that shouldn’t be missed. Highly recommended to every board member.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,486

Post#322 » by Tyakack » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:26 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:We should be thankful that loss to Miami in the east finals happened.

If the Cs made that historic come back from an 0-3 hole, we might not have KP now and Marcus Smart will still surely be a Celtic.

Denver would have kicked our arse

Nonsense. We would’ve been betting favorites in that series. Saying we would’ve lost in the finals is just copium for blowing an ECF against an 8 seed that we should’ve dispatched in 5

I definitely think we would have lost but I'm not gonna act like it was some guarantee like others. We very well may have won if Tatum could have been near 100% when the series started.

Not to mention, I don't think overcoming a 0-3 hole we should have never been in in the first place and then losing to Denver would have made the front office stay put and keep smart. Changes would have still been made. Trading for KP would have still been a no brainer move. Especially after failing to get the job done, again.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,176

Post#323 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Mar 7, 2024 9:34 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:One explanation for the energy in this long thread:

If somebody is inclined to be negative the post-game thread after a loss, they haven't had many opportunities for that this season.

The Woe Is Me crew after the first loss in 12 games -

Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,176

Post#324 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Mar 7, 2024 9:37 pm

playa-hater wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
reload141 wrote:I understand it’s championship or bust.

But there’s a lot of posters here who are showing their true colours.

You’re going to complain and be upset by this game THIS much?

It’s probably a good idea for your mental health to stop posting and stop watching if that’s the case.

I know it would be a good idea for MY mental health if some of our gas bags stopped posting
48-13. THERE'S NO F***KING CRYING WHEN YOU'RE 48-13.

Is it crying?? Or showiing concern for a collapse that has happened to us like that for.quite a few years.. I will repeat what a few other posters said. It's not the loss , but the manner of loss , which seems to be what is causing most to be concerned.

I am already in mid season cruise control. great record or our occasional collapse I am no longer as high or as low. This is all regular season. Everyone and their uncle knows the playoffs are the second season.. And the real season..

I already am aware, This will be a season of total exhilaration or complete utter agony.. There Will be no silver lining or .moral victories.. At least not for me , although some seem to think any good season is good enough.

It's definitely crying and I'm not referring to you. You post after wins as well and you even say good things about the team. I'm referring to the dregs that only come out to try and urinate in everyone's Cheerios after a loss no matter how good the team is.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#325 » by Hal14 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:02 am

This thread is 17 pages. The 50 point win over the warriors only got 5 lol
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,343

Post#326 » by TheMartian » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:03 am

Edit: wrong thread
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,556

Post#327 » by shackles10 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:51 pm

So L2M report says nobody was in imminent possession of the ball when the whistle was blown on the Tatum shot they overturned the foul call. When the whistle was blown he was shooting so yeah possession is there but maybe just poor wording? KP definitely secured the ball so makes no sense why we weren't award possession and a jump ball occurred. Should have been how Indiana got the ball when the foul on JB was overturned at the very least.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,457

Post#328 » by JonFromVA » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:39 am

shackles10 wrote:So L2M report says nobody was in imminent possession of the ball when the whistle was blown on the Tatum shot they overturned the foul call. When the whistle was blown he was shooting so yeah possession is there but maybe just poor wording? KP definitely secured the ball so makes no sense why we weren't award possession and a jump ball occurred. Should have been how Indiana got the ball when the foul on JB was overturned at the very least.

When the whistle is blown you can't make any assumptions after that because players aren't expected to play through the whistle. Also the clock management was a mess. It said. 1.7 as the ball left Tatum's hand and stopped on 0.7 before it even made it to the basket.

So KP wouldn't have had time for a putback - game over, or JT could have been called for kicking his foot out, or perhaps the jump ball should have happened with 1.7+ on the clock.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,556

Post#329 » by shackles10 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 10:55 am

JonFromVA wrote:
shackles10 wrote:So L2M report says nobody was in imminent possession of the ball when the whistle was blown on the Tatum shot they overturned the foul call. When the whistle was blown he was shooting so yeah possession is there but maybe just poor wording? KP definitely secured the ball so makes no sense why we weren't award possession and a jump ball occurred. Should have been how Indiana got the ball when the foul on JB was overturned at the very least.

When the whistle is blown you can't make any assumptions after that because players aren't expected to play through the whistle. Also the clock management was a mess. It said. 1.7 as the ball left Tatum's hand and stopped on 0.7 before it even made it to the basket.

So KP wouldn't have had time for a putback - game over, or JT could have been called for kicking his foot out, or perhaps the jump ball should have happened with 1.7+ on the clock.

That’s not the call they made at all when awarding the Pacers the ball and an argument could be made about playing through the whistle then as well is my point. The criteria changed…
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,457

Post#330 » by JonFromVA » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:05 pm

shackles10 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

That’s not the call they made at all when awarding the Pacers the ball and an argument could be made about playing through the whistle then as well is my point. The criteria changed…

So much judgement is involved in these calls it is maddening. I can't explain it all, but one difference is Tatum's shot hit the rim and didn't just fall in to KP's hands.

Like for instance as I pointed out the result of a no call in the case of Tatum's shot would have resulted in time expiring. Why didn't they make that call? Why did non-refs miss it and insist KP was robbed? If the time on the floor was off, why did the refs go with the 0.7 that the clock stopped on?

One announcer wondered if the refs were just confused about the play and knew they'd have another look at it if they blew the whistle. Maybe they weren't comfortable with just ending the game on that call, so dialed up the jump ball to let the players decide it?

One thing is for certain, nobody can make sense of the rules and it's rare the league office or refs even try to give anything beyond the basics.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,817

Post#331 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:50 pm

Hal14 wrote:This thread is 17 pages. The 50 point win over the warriors only got 5 lol

Only 17 pages? Are we getting bored of the losses? Stop slacking, people.

Return to Boston Celtics