ImageImageImage

Game Thread – Celtics @ Nuggets – 10:00PM, Thurs, March 7, 2024

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,342

Re: Game Thread – Celtics @ Nuggets – 10:00PM, Thurs, March 7, 2024 

Post#701 » by TheMartian » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:47 am

bigboi wrote:
JaMarco wrote:Hate to say it but DEN is still the best team in the league and the favorite to repeat.

Nah, they aren’t. This team was on some bs

Until the Celtics beat them, yes they are.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 16,069

Post#702 » by Bar Fight » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:47 am

reload141 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Top team in the league with the best record, and majority of our players laid an egg tonight.... and we still nearly won, in Denver.

Not sure what the big deal is, but I kind of expected a lot of posters to come out and want to blow up the team and start all over, so you do you mate.

Please show me where I said "blow up the team and start over". I'll wait.

You know you have zero point whatsoever when you have to literally make up what someone said lol

You do know you're one of the posters who blasts this team constantly no matter what and no one listens or cares what you think? Right?

I blast this team after frustrating losses lol. I praise them plenty as well. All of this is an irrelevant deflection from the actual discussion, because you have zero point and you know this.
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,565

Post#703 » by Memokerobi » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:52 am

bigboi wrote:
Memokerobi wrote:Idk how you can defend Jokic

Dude, there’s two sides of the ball. Celtics should’ve lowered the 3 point takes and attacked the basket more. Plus Tatum played pathetic

I don’t disagree, just made an observation
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,463

Post#704 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:59 am

Bar Fight wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:Please show me where I said "blow up the team and start over". I'll wait.

You know you have zero point whatsoever when you have to literally make up what someone said lol

You do know you're one of the posters who blasts this team constantly no matter what and no one listens or cares what you think? Right?

I blast this team after frustrating losses lol. I praise them plenty as well. All of this is an irrelevant deflection from the actual discussion, because you have zero point and you know this.

This team lost to OKC, got laid out by the Bucks HARD, lost to Denver at home, went 1-1 with Minny with one win being in OT with them missing Gobert and Conley, got absolutely ripped inside out by the new look Clippers at home. Should we mention the historical choke job vs the Mitchell less Cavs?? And today again they get out to sleep.

They have lost to basically every single top 3 team they have played against since they beat Milwaukee last year. They deserve to be put on blast from now until they beat somebody who matters. Never seen a team with as many empty wins as these guys have.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 16,069

Post#705 » by Bar Fight » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:02 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:
reload141 wrote:

This team lost to OKC, got laid out by the Bucks HARD, lost to Denver at home, went 1-1 with Minny with one win being in OT with them missing Gobert and Conley, got absolutely ripped inside out by the new look Clippers at home. Should we mention the historical choke job vs the Mitchell less Cavs?? And today again they get out to sleep.

They have lost to basically every single top 3 team they have played against since they beat Milwaukee last year. They deserve to be put on blast from now until they beat somebody who matters. Never seen a team with as many empty wins as these guys have.

This one was the reality check though! Trust me!
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,037

Post#706 » by CelticsPride18 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:31 am

Bar Fight wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:I blast this team after frustrating losses lol. I praise them plenty as well. All of this is an irrelevant deflection from the actual discussion, because you have zero point and you know this.

This one was the reality check though! Trust me!

Yeah we don’t a championship caliber number 1 option
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,269

Post#707 » by John Murdoch » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:55 am

JR Hawks wrote:Denver is officially the best team in the league and the Championship favorites.

Now u know how we feel..9 straight L's to the Joker gotta tip ur cap they play the right way
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,539

Post#708 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:01 am

John Murdoch wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:Denver is officially the best team in the league and the Championship favorites.

Now u know how we feel..9 straight L's to the Joker gotta tip ur cap they play the right way

It's different.

The Celtics lose to Denver because the Celtics keep shooting themselves in the foot.

It's obvious the Celtics have the better team, but they are not good under pressure.
That's something the Celtics will have to overcome.

Reason why the Lakers can't beat Denver is because the Laker roster is just not elite.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#709 » by Red2 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:47 am

Coaching makes a difference. Mazzula may one day be an elite coach but he’s not right now and it’s going to cost us
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#710 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:11 pm

Red2 wrote:Coaching makes a difference. Mazzula may one day be an elite coach but he’s not right now and it’s going to cost us

It hasn't happened yet, so until it happens in the playoffs, that's just speculation.

Just don't bet your life savings on the Celtics because it will literally cost you if ever Joe is going to cost us.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#711 » by Red2 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:21 pm

Just when I they had me believing a title was possible they go and lose to the cavs and nuggets. Worse than that our best player comes up small in both games
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#712 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:24 pm

Red2 wrote:Just when I they had me believing a title was possible they go and lose to the cavs and nuggets. Worse than that our best player comes up small in both games

That's because our best player loves to piss off Celtic fans.

What we will see in the playoffs is what is real, not this regular season stuff.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#713 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:25 pm

Just go back to the game thread of Game 6 of the east semis.

All those doubters melted when JT singlehandedly beat the Sixers in the 4th qtr.

And Embiid's failure to reach the ECF continued.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#714 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:48 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Red2 wrote:Coaching makes a difference. Mazzula may one day be an elite coach but he’s not right now and it’s going to cost us

It hasn't happened yet, so until it happens in the playoffs, that's just speculation.

Just don't bet your life savings on the Celtics because it will literally cost you if ever Joe is going to cost us.

Except it did happen. It happened last year when we were the absolute **** favorites and we couldn’t beat a banged up 8th seed because this **** turd let us go down 3-0 in an ECF with his stupidity. This year the red flags and the emergency sirens are all going off everytime we play a team worth a damn and people are STILL closing their eyes to this mans mediocre coaching.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#715 » by Fierce1 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:20 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

Except it did happen. It happened last year when we were the absolute **** favorites and we couldn’t beat a banged up 8th seed because this **** turd let us go down 3-0 in an ECF with his stupidity. This year the red flags and the emergency sirens are all going off everytime we play a team worth a damn and people are STILL closing their eyes to this mans mediocre coaching.

I disagree.

The Cs were not the absolute favorites last season.

They were not even the #1 seed last year.

Even if you think Joe's coaching is mediocre, that's good enough for the Cs to win a chip this year.

The roster this year is just way better this season.

And reason why the Cs fell behind 0-3 against Miami was because of Marcus Smart not delivering in Game 2 of that series.

Score tied at 100 and the Cs have the ball with less than 3 minutes remaining in the 4th.
Smart turned it over with a bad pass.
That allowed Jimmy to give Miami the lead after making a perimeter jumper.

The next thing Smart did was shoot a 3-pointer even when the Heat were just up by 2.

Joe didn't tell Smart to turn the ball over and shoot an ill-advised 3.

Series would've been 1-1 heading into Miami if the Cs won Game 2.

Also didn't help that Grant poked the bear, so to speak, because Jimmy went off after Grant's antics.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#716 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:12 am

Fierce1 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:It hasn't happened yet, so until it happens in the playoffs, that's just speculation.

I disagree.

Even if you think Joe's coaching is mediocre, that's good enough for the Cs to win a chip this year.

And reason why the Cs fell behind 0-3 against Miami was because of Marcus Smart not delivering in Game 2 of that series.

Score tied at 100 and the Cs have the ball with less than 3 minutes remaining in the 4th.

The next thing Smart did was shoot a 3-pointer even when the Heat were just up by 2.

Also didn't help that Grant poked the bear, so to speak, because Jimmy went off after Grant's antics.

Celtics were absolutely the favorites last year. How is that even debatable in your head? The fact they didn’t get the 1 seed is because turd bag sucked his ass off.

The rest is just excuses. Silly little mistakes are made on both sides. The overall schemes and team identity were shot to **** by the putrid coaching.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#717 » by Fierce1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:21 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

I disagree.

Celtics were absolutely the favorites last year. How is that even debatable in your head? The fact they didn’t get the 1 seed is because turd bag sucked his ass off.

The rest is just excuses. Silly little mistakes are made on both sides. The overall schemes and team identity were shot to **** by the putrid coaching.

Maybe the Cs were the favorites during the preseason.

But that was not the case when it was March and April.

Just because they were the favorites before the season started, it doesn't mean they were still the favorites heading into the playoffs that season.

The odds change during the course of the season.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#718 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:25 am

Fierce1 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:I disagree.

Just because they were the favorites before the season started, it doesn't mean they were still the favorites heading into the playoffs that season.

I’ll give you one chance to guess why the odds changed and we were no longer super favorites at the end of the season..one chance. Easy answer..
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#719 » by Fierce1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:27 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

I’ll give you one chance to guess why the odds changed and we were no longer super favorites at the end of the season..one chance. Easy answer..

Let's put it this way, numerous times last year, in the playoffs, I posted Cs not beating Denver in the finals.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#720 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:31 am

Fierce1 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Maybe the Cs were the favorites during the preseason.

Let's put it this way, numerous times last year, in the playoffs, I posted Cs not beating Denver in the finals.

They still won’t this year and I’ll give you another chance to guess why they won’t..I’ll give you a hint..answer is the same for both questions.

Return to Boston Celtics