ImageImageImage

Daylight Savings Cancelled As Celts Blot Out Suns! Victory Cigar vs PHX 3/9

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
13%
Brown
30%
White
11%
Jrue
6%
Horf
3%
Pritchard
3%
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
32%
Other/Coach/Team
2%

Total votes: 63

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,941

Re: Daylight Savings Cancelled As Celts Blot Out Suns! Victory Cigar vs PHO 3/9 

Post#61 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:40 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:Forget MVP.

Tatum may have lost his first-team all-NBA slot to Durant with this game.

No worries: He's a lock for second-team or better. And injuries aside, Tatum isn't in the default first team anyway, now that it's gone positionless. (Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Doncic, SGA)

No way KD gets 1st team if Suns are just the 5th or 6th seed.

Luka made it from the 11th seed last season.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#62 » by Red2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:44 pm

We got lucky. Joe has to stop using tatum as the pg in the 4th.
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,484

Post#63 » by Gant » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:01 pm

Red2 wrote:We got lucky. Joe has to stop using tatum as the pg in the 4th.

It's part of a pattern, and it's their Achilles' heel. Too often they let their options shrink with the game on the line.

When they move the ball they get good shots. When they don't move the ball, much of the time they attempt harder shots. When they push up the court, they get the defense unprepared. When they walk up the court, the defense is set and ready.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,802

Post#64 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Celtics are blessed that they have a 50-yo vet who can come in, start when need be, and give them 12 rebounds against someone like Nurkic, who averaged 16 rebounds the last 6 games. Extended lead to 8 w/ a clutch corner three w/ less than two minutes to go just for good measure.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#65 » by Half-Full » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:32 pm

Awarding the cigar to Luke Kornet. Luke has had his share of detractors, questioning his adequacy to fill the role of third center/big. In my estimation, however, he has delivered the goods, and it seems that Coach Mazzulla agrees. Insanely good block by D. White was the highlight of the game for me. Nice to get off the schnide as Tommy would say.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zIc1EOWq-CM
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,241

Post#66 » by LewisnotMiller » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:58 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Celtics are blessed that they have a 50-yo vet who can come in, start when need be, and give them 12 rebounds against someone like Nurkic, who averaged 16 rebounds the last 6 games. Extended lead to 8 w/ a clutch corner three w/ less than two minutes to go just for good measure.

I'm frankly sick of Al.
Dude is almost as old as me, and still plays great. Gets a little hard for me to blame age on my drastic drop from crappy to oh so much worse.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,542

Post#67 » by Fierce1 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:11 am

LewisnotMiller wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm frankly sick of Al.
Dude is almost as old as me, and still plays great. Gets a little hard for me to blame age on my drastic drop from crappy to oh so much worse.

Sometimes it's genetics.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,552

Post#68 » by shackles10 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:52 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
LewisnotMiller wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm frankly sick of Al.

Sometimes it's genetics.

Is this the RealGM version of a "Yo mama" joke? If so we're all deeply insulted so job well done.

Return to Boston Celtics