ImageImageImage

Celts End On A High Note, Drown Out Jazz! Victory Cigar vs UTA 3/12

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
46%
White
33%
Jrue
2%
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
13%
Pritchard
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Tillman
3%
Other/Coach/Team
3%

Total votes: 63

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,576

Celts End On A High Note, Drown Out Jazz! Victory Cigar vs UTA 3/12 

Post#1 » by bisme37 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:15 am

Can you even believe it you guys we won yet another super duper mega ultra big game!

JT was a monster, Derrick was on fire, and there were 6 Celtics in double figures despite 3 of our top 6 being out tonight. Another game where I could shout out the whole roster as having a big part in the win. (Luke and Xavier were awesome filling in for KP and Al!)

I know it was just the Jazz and we kinda sucked for part of it lol, but that was an impressive win imo. Celts were leading and playing well, but at a point in the 3rd they got sluggish on both ends and it looked like they were running out of gas at the end of the road trip. Instead they fought back and went on a 20-0 run in the 4th to re-take control and get the win. Good job, team!

Suns again Thursday, Go C's!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,198

Re: Celts End On a High Note! Victory Cigar vs UTA 3/12 

Post#2 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:17 am

The Blazers and Utah games felt like contractual obligations the C's played because they had to. Last night was trash but tonight was a solid if unspectacular win.

D. White for VC, Tatum for CP. Holiday, Hauser, Kornet and Tillman also had nice games.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,283

Re: Celts End On a High Note! Victory Cigar vs UTA 3/12 

Post#3 » by doogie_hauser » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 am

The Mike and Jimmy revenge game

;pp=ygUaQ2VsdGljIHByaWRlIG1vdmllIGluc3VsdHM%3D

;pp=ygUfQ2VsdGljIHByaWRlIGkgbG92ZSB0aGUgY2VsdGljcw%3D%3D

Kornet gets the VC btw
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,755

Re: Celts End On A High Note, Drown Out Jazz! Victory Cigar vs UTA 3/12 

Post#4 » by Froob » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:22 am

Tatum doing Tatum things

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,877

Post#5 » by Jammer » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:25 am

Despite playing without Jaylen Brown, Kristaps Porzingis, Al Horford and Neemias Queta - this one was never in doubt. Kornet can shine when he doesn't have to face physical or skilled centers. Tatum was 1rst Team All-NBA, and Kornet, White & Holiday were excellent. Tillman was solid, and Hauser was a nice surprise.

Utah was without Lauri Markkanen and #9 Pick Taylor Hendricks. Utah rookie Keyonte George was a bright star, and feisty Collin Sexton played well except for 5 Turnovers and 5 Fouls.

An alternative view:

Pts + Rebounds + (0.5 x Assists) + Steals + (0.5 x Blocks) - Missed Field Goals - (0.5 x Missed Free Throws) - Turnovers - (0.5 x Fouls)

+30 Jaysen Tatum 34 minutes
+20.5 Luke Kornet 28 minutes
+20.5 Derrick White 35 minutes
+19 Jrue Holiday 38 minutes

+14.5 Xavier Tillman 27 minutes
+12.5 Sam Hauser 34 minutes
+6.5 Oshae Brissett 16 minutes

+2 Payton Pritchard 25 minutes
0 J. Davison 1 minute
0 Svi Mykhailiuk 1 minute
0 J. Springer 1 minute

Team Total = 125.5
Objectivity
Junior
And1: 255

Post#6 » by Objectivity » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:30 am

Fatigue should never be an excuse for selfishness. If you are tired, use your TEAM for higher percentage shots.

Nice to see shooters get in rhythm and touch the ball today.

This HAS to be the blueprint going forward. When we get our full roster back, I hope everyone commits to Celtics basketball. Win or lose, let’s play the right way!
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,878

Post#7 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:43 am

JT was good, but with my weighted voting of expectation vs output, it's a tie for VC/CP between White and Kornet.

Mature game, every time they went on a run, we answered.

Will Hardy is a **** coach.

EDIT - I initially though JT was a bit selfish, but after some thought, I think JT did a pretty good job of getting the balance right between having to take the game on and when to share the ball. I'd like a little more quick decisions but he is also still learning the balance.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,539

Post#8 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:46 am

The system works.

Credit Joe for that.

JT just needs to trust the system and not try to be the hero in the clutch all the time.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,539

Post#9 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 am

When the Jazz cut the lead to 4 in the 3rd, guys like White and Jrue kept trusting the system and moved the ball until it finds an open man.

The result was the Cs went on a mini run to end the 3rd.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,462

Post#10 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:51 am

Objectivity wrote:Fatigue should never be an excuse for selfishness. If you are tired, use your TEAM for higher percentage shots.

This HAS to be the blueprint going forward. When we get our full roster back, I hope everyone commits to Celtics basketball. Win or lose, let’s play the right way!

sticking with that talking point after getting very quiet in the second half. contrary to what is said, there aren't enough shots to go around to EVERYBODY! it's unrealistic when we have our 3 other top 6 playing! they pass it a lot when everyone is healthy, esspecially considering we have FOUR guys who have been 20pt scorers in the starting lineup. had 34 assists yesterday btw. yall were doing laps when we had 19 assists in the first half all to say how much better it is without JB, an oldie not goodie. really quiet when we only added 6 in the second half to rack up 25. It's okay, the tired excuse will work tonight... :roll:

Can never just be happy about a great team without doing the most for no reason!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#11 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:54 am

I need respek on Luke's name! He's been an excellent backup for months! Top 5 3rd big and closer to 1 than 5!
Objectivity
Junior

Post#12 » by Objectivity » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:56 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Objectivity wrote:Fatigue should never be an excuse for selfishness. If you are tired, use your TEAM for higher percentage shots.

sticking with that talking point after getting very quiet in the second half. contrary to what is said, there aren't enough shots to go around to EVERYBODY! it's unrealistic when we have our 3 other top 6 playing! they pass it a lot when everyone is healthy, esspecially considering we have FOUR guys who have been 20pt scorers in the starting lineup. had 34 assists yesterday btw. yall were doing laps when we had 19 assists in the first half all to say how much better it is without JB, an oldie not goodie. really quiet when we only added 6 in the second half to rack up 25. It's okay, the tired excuse will work tonight... :roll:

Can never just be happy about a great team without doing the most for no reason!

Mods can’t get banned. But I’m pretty sure I’ve been banned midway through games for mentioning players names and responding to posters.

Eye test says we played good basketball today. Didn’t mention Fool’s Gold at all today. Not sure what your point is or who “Y’all” is.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#13 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:01 am

Objectivity wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

Mods can’t get banned. But I’m pretty sure I’ve been banned midway through games for mentioning players names and responding to posters.

Eye test says we played good basketball today. Didn’t mention Fool’s Gold at all today. Not sure what your point is or who “Y’all” is.

It’s quite clear who was being talked about even if his name isn’t said, this is something said for YEARS now. “Y’all” is the mentions in the gt by multiple people. If I say he’s the best shot blocking guard in the league, I’m not talking about Pritchard. Context matters.

Edit: I didn’t ban you and don’t know what you’ve been banned for but i doubt it was because you mentioned a players name in response to another poster. Everyone would get banned if that’s all that happened.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#14 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:07 am

John and Josue are never going to give Luke real props for his play this season and it upsets my soul! Sure, I don’t know how the bench will play in the playoffs but I’m not about to be mad at them before it comes to it. I’m hoping for the best! I’ll be more worried about our starters with the amount of top notch talent we have.
Objectivity
Junior

Post#15 » by Objectivity » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:10 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Objectivity wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:sticking with that talking point after getting very quiet in the second half. contrary to what is said, there aren't enough shots to go around to EVERYBODY! it's unrealistic when we have our 3 other top 6 playing! they pass it a lot when everyone is healthy, esspecially considering we have FOUR guys who have been 20pt scorers in the starting lineup. had 34 assists yesterday btw. yall were doing laps when we had 19 assists in the first half all to say how much better it is without JB, an oldie not goodie. really quiet when we only added 6 in the second half to rack up 25. It's okay, the tired excuse will work tonight... :roll:

It’s quite clear who was being talked about even if his name isn’t said, this is something said for YEARS now. “Y’all” is the mentions in the gt by multiple people. If I say he’s the best shot blocking guard in the league, I’m not talking about Pritchard. Context matters.

Board police calling out poster for being quiet, when I rarely post a ton during games.

Two posts last game and banned for calling out a poster who harassed me in a DM.

I mostly enjoy watching and +1ing other posters. Guess what, there are TONS of people calling JT selfish. I understand they will never share my same opinion because our basketball philosophies are too far apart. They did not trigger me enough to call them out during the game.

Did I waste any energy calling anyone out? Nope. Mods can’t get banned so I’ll refrain from saying too much. I’ll continue to praise TEAM basketball when I see it. Yep, been saying that for years. Not sure what your point is.

I don’t have to enjoy selfish basketball. I’m not going to call out every poster who thinks JT is selfish. Pretty sure we all are entitled to our own basketball opinions.

However, “don’t make the game thread about you.” That can get you banned.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,283

Post#16 » by doogie_hauser » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:12 am

Derrick White now known as Ryan Gosling :D
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#17 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:16 am

Objectivity wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Objectivity wrote:

Board police calling out poster for being quiet, when I rarely post a ton during games.

Two posts last game and banned for calling out a poster who harassed me in a DM.

I mostly enjoy watching and +1ing other posters. Guess what, there are TONS of people calling JT selfish. I understand they will never share my same opinion because our basketball philosophies are too far apart. They did not trigger me enough to call them out during the game.

Did I waste any energy calling anyone out? Nope. Mods can’t get banned so I’ll refrain from saying too much. I’ll continue to praise TEAM basketball when I see it. Yep, been saying that for years. Not sure what your point is.

I don’t have to enjoy selfish basketball. I’m not going to call out every poster who thinks JT is selfish. Pretty sure we all are entitled to our own basketball opinions.

You know what, you’re right, I’ll let it go. I want to talk about the things actually happening too. My bad, I apologize, I’ll just keep it to myself from now on.

Celtics keep winning!!
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#18 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:20 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Derrick White now known as Ryan Gosling :D

If we are this good when we aren’t at our peak of trying as hard as we can, like all teams do in the playoffs, white might become baby Jesus in the playoffs! Leading the team in all the major categories that says winner!
Objectivity
Junior

Post#19 » by Objectivity » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:27 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Objectivity wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

You know what, you’re right, I’ll let it go. I want to talk about the things actually happening too. My bad, I apologize, I’ll just keep it to myself from now on.

Celtics keep winning!!

Shak, I apologize for using any personal words in my response to you. You carry this board like D White!

See y’all next game.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#20 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:34 am

Objectivity wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Objectivity wrote:

Celtics keep winning!!

Shak, I apologize for using any personal words in my response to you. You carry this board like D White!

See y’all next game.

No need to apologize, you were fine. I didn’t think you said anything that went beyond normal defense of your stance and yourself.

We all carry this board, that’s why I love it here! We can have disagreements for the most part without it going too off the rails.

Let’s just keep good convo going, my bad for derailing it!

Return to Boston Celtics