ImageImageImage

Game Thread – Suns @ Celtics – 7:30PM, Thurs, March 14, 2024

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,939

Re: Game Thread – Suns @ Celtics – 7:30PM, Thurs, March 14, 2024 

Post#261 » by playa-hater » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:39 am

Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am really surprised that is his high. it feels like he's done that many times.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,539

Post#262 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:39 am

Even if the Suns had a good bench, it doesn't make up for their bad defense.

Simple minds making simple things complicated.
JaMarco
Rookie
And1: 696

Post#263 » by JaMarco » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:40 am

playa-hater wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am really surprised that is his high. it feels like he's done that many times.

I wonder if he's going to retire any time soon. He should be able to do what he does until he's 40.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#264 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:42 am

playa-hater wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's because Al will not shoot it if he's not open.

The fact that Al was open so many times is a reflection of the Suns defense.

Everybody knows the Celtics shoot a lot of 3s and the Suns just let them keep shooting.

Teams like Miami and Denver tries to limit the 3s of the Cs.

Just bad Suns defense.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#265 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:42 am

JaMarco wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder if he's going to retire any time soon. He should be able to do what he does until he's 40.

If Cs win this year and repeat next year, Al will retire.

Next season Al's contract expires.

A perfect way to retire.

Go out on top.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,621

Post#266 » by reload141 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:44 am

Still can’t believe we didn’t win by 30.

Team is trash
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#267 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:44 am

Cs didn't even have KP in this game.
JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 896

Post#268 » by JimmyFromNz » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:45 am

Fierce1 wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:You can't tell me the Suns offense is bad.

Offense = Great

Defense = Bad

Simple!

Simple to a simple mind perhaps !

No one said the suns offense is bad.

If you consider the bench depth, the roster construction around 3 high volume stars that overlap in skillsets, the reliance on one traditional paint big, multiple ball handlers yet no true point guard capable of playing crunch minutes, the significant health red flags across their main rotation, along with the very obvious lack of defensive length at key positions then that cumulatively tells the full story.

No one that's been paying attention would seriously consider this team a finals chance.

You're acting as if the Suns didn't know what they were doing when they got Beal.

The Suns were using the old formula of having 3 stars trying to win a championship.

Your mind must have forgotten that the fact the Phoenix Suns were one of the favorites to win the championship before the season started.

You can be such hard work :lol:

Why refer to pre-season, were you one of the ones pumping up this team ? They certainly got hype. A big 3 formula only works if your stars skill sets balance and a roster construction that is complementary to the style of play you want, see: any successful star heavy roster ever. The Suns have neither, just overlap at the top end of the roster.

We are 65 games into the season, the Suns flaws have been apparent since the beginning and have played out accordingly, their record reflects this. These guys have consistently sat between 5th - 8th all season, because they're just not that good and are getting by on regular season offensive 'explosions' from booker/Durant to try and avoid the play in which it appears they will inevitably end up in...the finals should be the last thing we discuss with this team.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,269

Post#269 » by doogie_hauser » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:46 am

Next time I am.forced to Reggie Miller call one of our games, i am putting it on mute.

Just terrible
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#270 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:49 am

JimmyFromNz wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:
Simple to a simple mind perhaps !

No one said the suns offense is bad.

If you consider the bench depth, the roster construction around 3 high volume stars that overlap in skillsets, the reliance on one traditional paint big, multiple ball handlers yet no true point guard capable of playing crunch minutes, the significant health red flags across their main rotation, along with the very obvious lack of defensive length at key positions then that cumulatively tells the full story.

No one that's been paying attention would seriously consider this team a finals chance.

You're acting as if the Suns didn't know what they were doing when they got Beal.

The Suns were using the old formula of having 3 stars trying to win a championship.

Your mind must have forgotten that the fact the Phoenix Suns were one of the favorites to win the championship before the season started.

Why you are referring to pre-season, were you one of the ones pumping up this team ? They certainly got hype. A big 3 formula only works if your stars skill sets balance and a roster construction that is complementary to the style of play you want, see: any successful star heavy roster ever. The Suns have neither, just overlap at the top end of the roster.

We are 65 games into the season, the Suns flaws have been apparent since the beginning and have played out accordingly, their record reflects this. These guys have consistently sat between 5th - 8th all season, because they're just not that good and are getting by on regular season offensive 'explosions' from booker/Durant to try and avoid the play in.

Like I said, I'm only the messenger here.

The Suns wanted the Big 3 formula, not me.

You keep saying flaws, but the main problem is defense.

If the Suns play solid defense then they would be better than this.

Not saying defense is their only flaw.

You are trying to make it more complicated because you want people to think you have a complicated mind.

The simple answer is defense.

It's not as hard as you think.

A team that has 3 stars capable of scoring 30 on any given night and you're talking about flaws?
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#271 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:53 am

https://www.si.com/betting/2023/10/19/nba-title-odds-celtics-bucks#:~:text=The%20Celtics%20and%20Bucks%20are,for%20the%20next-best%20odds.&text=The%20Celtics%20and%20Bucks%2C%20the,to%20win%20the%20NBA%20Finals.

Boston, Milwaukee, Denver, and Phoenix are the only teams with title odds shorter than +1000. The Lakers and Warriors fall in line after the top four before there’s a sharp drop-off to the likes of the Cavaliers and Grizzlies, who are part of a large tier of tertiary contenders.

Here’s where the championship odds stand for all 30 teams in the Association with the start of the season less than a week away:

2023-24 NBA Championship Odds

Boston Celtics +380
Milwaukee Bucks +380
Denver Nuggets +550
Phoenix Suns +550
Los Angeles Lakers +1300
Golden State Warriors +1400
Cleveland Cavaliers +2400
Memphis Grizzlies +2400
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,169

Post#272 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:05 am

reload141 wrote:This team is so average.

We need to trade everyone, beating a Phoenix team at home without KP?

Tatum and Brown need to go.

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,610

Post#273 » by 165bows » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:37 am

Missed this on a conference call. Boys just keep taking care of business with few interruptions.

Bring on the playoffs.
JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 896

Post#274 » by JimmyFromNz » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:45 am

Fierce1 wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:You're acting as if the Suns didn't know what they were doing when they got Beal.

Why you are referring to pre-season, were you one of the ones pumping up this team ? They certainly got hype. A big 3 formula only works if your stars skill sets balance and a roster construction that is complementary to the style of play you want, see: any successful star heavy roster ever. The Suns have neither, just overlap at the top end of the roster.

We are 65 games into the season, the Suns flaws have been apparent since the beginning and have played out accordingly, their record reflects this. These guys have consistently sat between 5th - 8th all season, because they're just not that good and are getting by on regular season offensive 'explosions' from booker/Durant to try and avoid the play in.

You are trying to make it more complicated because you want people to think you have a complicated mind.

A team that has 3 stars capable of scoring 30 on any given night and you're talking about flaws?

My 'complicated mind' tells me this is incoherent rambling.

On one hand you're saying defense isn't the only flaw, but won't accept it when I raise those other flaws.

I've had my fair share of inane debates, but this is getting there.

All the best, enjoy the win !
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#275 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:04 am

JimmyFromNz wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:

My 'complicated mind' tells me this is incoherent rambling.

On one hand you're saying defense isn't the only flaw, but won't accept it when I raise those other flaws.

I've had my fair share of inane debates, but this is getting there.

All the best, enjoy the win !

The Celtics are a team with flaws and some here are even saying coach Joe is incompetent.

But look at the Celtics record.

The Celtics are one of best, if not the best, and also one of the best defensive teams this seaason.

All their flaws are minimized because they can score a lot of points while limiting their opponent's scoring.

The Suns' flaws are maximized because they are only great on one side of the ball.

It's not that complicated.

Return to Boston Celtics