ImageImageImage

Scorching C's Give Suns a Celtburn! Victory Cigar vs PHX 3/14

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
17%
Brown
46%
White
1%
Jrue
1%
Horford
30%
Hauser
No votes
Pritchard
No votes
Kornet
No votes
Tillman
2%
Other/Coach/Team
3%

Total votes: 96

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,932

Re: Scorching C's Give Suns a Celtburn! Victory Cigar vs PHX 3/14 

Post#41 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:47 am

Shak_Celts wrote:Just keep winning and getting better!! Went out so I didn’t bother posting once in a blue moon but I enjoyed the game on my phone (w/ terrible service)!

Idc how we get there just get there if we can, BANNER 18!!!!!

You sound like a fun date!
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#42 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:52 am

Green89 wrote:Suns were supposed to be a top challenger in the West. They aren't making it out of the West. They out rebounded us 51-33 and still got blown out.

Terrible defensive rebounding night for us, or at least terribly unsuccessful. (Little to cheer about in offensive rebounding either.)

I'm glad it didn't matter, and I'm glad it doesn't happen often. But still ...
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#43 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:56 am

Triple7 wrote:JB for Vc. Al gets consolation. Tatum had a great 1st half, but 4pts in thr 2nd half??? I don’t know about that. I like it when he drives to the hoop, and taking wide open 3’s.

By the box score, Tatum modestly outplayed Durant, as he's supposed to at this stage of their careers.

It's one of the more meaningful head-to-head matchups IMO, as they play similar positions, have similar current status in the league, know each other well as opponents, have been teammates, have trained together beyond that, etc.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#44 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:51 am

bisme37 wrote:Hot damn you guys we did it again! Another big ass win of a big ass game!!

Jaylen Brown, ladies and gentlemen! Also Jayson Tatum and Al Horford! Additionally Jrue and Derrick and Sam! Not to mention other players!!

Celts were on fire from 3 and really locked down on defense as the game went on. Suns really wanted that win but the C's weren't having it haha. Great win!

Wizards Sunday, Go C's!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Mas tweets:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

2nd:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Brad Beal may hate the Cs right now after some of the hits he endured.

Meanwhile, that Horford steal in the first (?) tweet was -- like White's instantly famous recent block -- a great example of two-handed defense. Durant decided not to shoot or pass over Horford's right hand, and instead tried to bounce a pass past Horford's left side. Oops ...
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#45 » by Deivork » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:30 am

Durant's having some bad turnovers this year... Suns might be slowly improving but it might be too late and too little.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#46 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:39 am

The Joe Mazzulla contest is around the 2:30 mark, and then gets discussed at length.

He didn't run on the floor to do it or anything like that. He just was walking by in the first few seconds after the TO was called and was the only "defender" close enough to be relevant. The TNT guys suggested that O'Neale should have pump-faked Joe and then shot after he landed.

Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,883

Post#47 » by Green89 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:57 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:The Joe Mazzulla contest is around the 2:30 mark, and then gets discussed at length.

He didn't run on the floor to do it or anything like that. He just was walking by in the first few seconds after the TO was called and was the only "defender" close enough to be relevant. The TNT guys suggested that O'Neale should have pump-faked Joe and then shot after he landed.

]

Could care less about what the TNT guys say. Can't believe they still have jobs. Their outdated rhetoric needs to stop and is completely irrelevant.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#48 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:12 pm

Green89 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:The Joe Mazzulla contest is around the 2:30 mark, and then gets discussed at length.

]

Could care less about what the TNT guys say. Can't believe they still have jobs. Their outdated rhetoric needs to stop and is completely irrelevant.

I wouldn't know. I can only stand listening to them a few times per year.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#49 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:18 pm

Anyhow, Joe's contest fits with the image that at heart he's basically one of the players. His body is far inferior to theirs, so he can't actually play. Because he doesn't have a chance to play professional basketball and coaches instead, he's has much more time to study stuff, and hence is fit to give them directions.

I think that dynamic is working well for everbody concerned.

I conjecture that when Joe yells at the guys it feels more like Marcus Smart doing so than it feels like Ime chewing them out.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,857

Post#50 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:39 pm

Durant defended Tatum for 45 possessions, Tatum went 5-8 with 15 points, 3 assists, and no TO’s. More importantly though, from the late first quarter on, the Suns sent a second man to Tatum pretty much anytime he got the ball or had someone set a pick for him. Because of that, on those 45 possessions, the Celtics scored 71 points, which is just insanity.

Tatum defended KD for 37 possessions, in which KD had 4 points, 1 assist, and 1 TO. The Suns scored 34 on those possessions, which is an awesome number for the Celtics, and the benefit of Tatum being able to check KD 1 on 1.

Tatum had 4 points in the second half because the Suns weren’t going to let him beat them, which is why he took 9 shots in the first quarter, and 9 the next three quarters combined. There’s a lot more to the game than just checking the box score lol.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,660

Post#51 » by Homerclease » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:46 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:Durant defended Tatum for 45 possessions, Tatum went 5-8 with 15 points, 3 assists, and no TO’s. More importantly though, from the late first quarter on, the Suns sent a second man to Tatum pretty much anytime he got the ball or had someone set a pick for him. Because of that, on those 45 possessions, the Celtics scored 71 points, which is just insanity.

Tatum defended KD for 37 possessions, in which KD had 4 points, 1 assist, and 1 TO. The Suns scored 34 on those possessions, which is an awesome number for the Celtics, and the benefit of Tatum being able to check KD 1 on 1.

Tatum had 4 points in the second half because the Suns weren’t going to let him beat them, which is why he took 9 shots in the first quarter, and 9 the next three quarters combined. There’s a lot more to the game than just checking the box score lol.

The amount of hockey assists Tatum had tonight had to have been double digits at the minimum. Suns defense just fell apart in rotation time and time again. Largely because Booker, Allen and Beal all suck on defense
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,539

Post#52 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:01 pm

From what I'm reading, looks like JT is Bird-like. :lol:
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,461

Post#53 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:00 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:Just keep winning and getting better!! Went out so I didn’t bother posting once in a blue moon but I enjoyed the game on my phone (w/ terrible service)!

As terrible as you could imagine! The key is finding people who don’t care how awkward and weird you are! Someone who lets you prop your phone up with their cup and steak knife because you forgot your stand! There is someone for everyone… really, a few for everyone, but that’s not a discussion for RGM! :D
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Post#54 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:27 pm

VC/CP:

This is JB's 25th 35-plus point game of his career, incl. playoffs.

Horford oldest guy in NBA history to hit 6 threes and grab 3 steals in a game.

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#55 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:39 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:Durant defended Tatum for 45 possessions, Tatum went 5-8 with 15 points, 3 assists, and no TO’s. More importantly though, from the late first quarter on, the Suns sent a second man to Tatum pretty much anytime he got the ball or had someone set a pick for him. Because of that, on those 45 possessions, the Celtics scored 71 points, which is just insanity.

So what you're saying is that Tatum outplayed KD by more than a little. :)
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#56 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:47 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:

As terrible as you could imagine! The key is finding people who don’t care how awkward and weird you are! Someone who lets you prop your phone up with their cup and steak knife because you forgot your stand! There is someone for everyone… really, a few for everyone, but that’s not a discussion for RGM! :D

Sounds like you also don't want to discuss it over dinner. ;)

No worries. Men are not famous for complaining that women want to talk too little. (Actually, I'm an exception to that rule. But I'm weird and awkward too.) :D
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Post#57 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:02 pm

Read on Twitter

They've combined for 120 steals and 125 blocks this season. Both guys shooting 40%+ from 3 and above 60% in TS% just for laughs.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,857

Post#58 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:12 pm

So what you're saying is that Tatum outplayed KD by more than a little. :)

For sure. And that people don’t realize just how aggressively teams defend Tatum. Since the ASB, teams have sold out to stop Tatum, and make everyone else beat them. The issue with that for other teams is that Jaylen is absolutely destroying any mismatch he gets, same as KP. You can only take away so much when it comes to the Celtics offense, and it’s almost always a losing battle for the other team. Jaylen and the other guys deserve a ton of credit, as does Tatum for not forcing things, and continuing to let everyone else cook. That said, he’s still averaging 27/7/5 on a 61% TS since the ASB lol.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,195

Post#59 » by 31to6 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:42 pm

CelticFaninLBC wrote:So much for trading JB, DWhite, picks, etc. for KD...

we should also trade JB for Beal because Beal and Tatum are friends ;)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,195

Post#60 » by 31to6 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:45 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:Didn’t finish the show yet and I started it late but Zannis nem got Tatum twisted!! Just terrible takes on Tatum and the way he plays, he’s better than JB, period, but Tatum has been infinitely more clutch in their careers! Every time one Jay plays well (better than the other, which I don’t agree with), they are always pitted against each other as if we don’t need them both and certainly need Tatum most of all!

Just let it go, Tatum has been excellent and I don’t care about his supposedly not being clutch because I know he is! Having an off season in clutch situations means nothing compared to YEARS of being great at it! I don’t know why people think Tatum isn’t tough and fired up when he plays, they have different personalities but both want it just as much!!

Tim Duncan didn’t want chips more than KG and visa verse, totally different personalities but you can’t question how much each wanted to win!

Can’t wait for the playoffs when we get this thing, Jays about to be laughing on boats with the trophy!!!

I like Sherrod and Bobby Manning enough to tune in to that show every now and then, but John Zannis is a real turd in the punch bowl. Don't waste the brain cells there, Shak!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.

Return to Boston Celtics