ImageImageImage

Celts Stuff Peli-Cans in Garbage Cans! Victory Cigar vs NOP 3/30

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
17%
Brown
26%
KP
37%
White
9%
Jrue
6%
Horford
2%
Hauser
No votes
Pritchard
No votes
Tillman
No votes
Other/Coach/Team
3%

Total votes: 65

AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,474

Re: Celts Stuff Peli-Cans in Garbage Cans! Victory Cigar vs NOP 3/30 

Post#41 » by AlCelticFan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:05 am

Fierce1 wrote:This board is really boring when the Cs win.

I much prefer boring over insufferable.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,472

Post#42 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:23 am

AlCelticFan wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:This board is really boring when the Cs win.

I much prefer boring over insufferable.

My preference is to just be able to talk basketball without people trying to make things personal.

My other preference is to make it as insufferable as possible for those that cannot.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,587

Post#43 » by brackdan70 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:43 am

OT, but Really need to to shorten the regular season imo. Just going through the motions out there this time of year it feels like.
Glad they won though. Just stay healthy and get hungry.
Sign here
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#44 » by Fierce1 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:51 am

brackdan70 wrote:OT, but Really need to to shorten the regular season imo. Just going through the motions out there this time of year it feels like.

That's because the Cs have a big lead in the standings.

Other teams are still fighting for their playoff lives.

Last season was more thrilling because the Cs were trying to overtake the Bucks for the #1 seed.

The #1 seed was up for grabs until April last season.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,598

Post#45 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:40 am

Read on Twitter

This lineup went +5 in 4 mins.

Coming into this game, Celtics are outscoring opponents +21.4* per 100 possessions with both Jays off the floor.

*EDIT: Now +22.2 in 433 non-garbage time possessions.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,456

Post#46 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:33 am

This was Jaylen for me. Set the tone defensively when things were looking rouugh asf. Put the clamps on Zion and the rest of the team followed. That was the best defensive game we have played in a long time and the most dominant defensive game I’ve seen JB play since he took Siakam’s soul in the bubble.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#47 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:44 am

Some minor adjustments that fans can't hate:
- Tillman not being stationed in the corner or at least crashing in the paint
- Porzingis as roamer, staying closer to the baseline and not being switched to ballhandlers
- White-KP actions late in the game leading to more ball movement
- related to previous, Tatum offball
- No Kornet-Tillman, no Horford-Kornet
- more KP postups after Q1
- more balanced offensive attack
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#48 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:18 am

Read on Twitter

In terms of opponent eFG%, this was the Cs second best defensive effort in March (while 10th worst, eFG%-wise as a team all season). Only one better was the butt-whoopin' of the Dubs earlier in the month. Offense/shooting can only take you so far. Defense is what will get us that title imo. And when shots aren't falling, Cs need to have this type of defense to fall back on.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,036

Post#49 » by CelticsPride18 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:34 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

In terms of opponent eFG%, this was the Cs second best defensive effort in March (while 10th worst, eFG%-wise as a team all season). Only one better was the butt-whoopin' of the Dubs earlier in the month. Offense/shooting can only take you so far. Defense is what will get us that title imo. And when shots aren't falling, Cs need to have this type of defense to fall back on.

It’s hard to lock in when you have almost every playoff seeding locked up, but they still need to improve late in games especially Tatum. Those close games could be the difference between a 3-1 series or a 2-2 series.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#50 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:59 am

I liked this interview more than most of his postgame pressers. Non-combative, no snark, candid. Particularly liked his answer to John Karalis about 4th Q pace. There is hope after all. I just want them to be open to criticism, to recognize flaws, and to make adjustments as needed.

Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,883

Post#51 » by Green89 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:01 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Not for nothing but a Mazzulla-coached team set a regular season high for wins in Brad Stevens era for the 2nd year in a row. Up to you guys if he gets credit or not lol.

Luke Walton has the longest winning streak.In n b a history yet can't get a job to save his life. No one giving him any credit??

That wasn't his team and you know it. He took over for Kerr middle of the season. System was already in place. He was a substitute teacher.

His post game comment about his late game strategy being let Tatum take the ball and make a play, doesn't exactly say much to set him apart from a substitute teacher.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#52 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:05 pm

Green89 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Luke Walton has the longest winning streak.In n b a history yet can't get a job to save his life. No one giving him any credit??

That wasn't his team and you know it. He took over for Kerr middle of the season. System was already in place. He was a substitute teacher.

His post game comment about his late game strategy being let Tatum take the ball and make a play, doesn't exactly say much to set him apart from a substitute teacher.

He's far from perfect but some fans take it too far with him. Zero credit for reg season wins? If being top 3 all-time in net rating is so easy to do, more talented rosters with legit MVPs have done it by now. Come on.

With regards to trusting stars to make plays, Tatum should know what works and what doesn't by now. 7 years in the league playing for 3 different coaches and facing all sorts of coverages. More frustrated with him re our late game offense than our coach tbh. BUT I still want Joe to be alert with timeout-calling in those instances. Like I said, TBD if his philoshopy changes in the postseason.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,601

Post#53 » by Celts17Pride » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Celtics engage defensively they win, it’s that simple
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,186

Post#54 » by 31to6 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:19 pm

Green89 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Luke Walton doesn’t have the longest winning streak in NBA history, does he? Did the Warriors really surpass the 33 in a row by the 70s Lakers?

No. Won 28 in a row over two seasons, not all coached by Walton:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_longest_winning_streaks#:~:text=The%20Los%20Angeles%20Lakers%20own,to%20win%20the%20NBA%20Finals.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,587

Post#55 » by brackdan70 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:51 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:OT, but Really need to to shorten the regular season imo. Just going through the motions out there this time of year it feels like.

Last season was more thrilling because the Cs were trying to overtake the Bucks for the #1 seed.

Yes for sure, but then teams are more likely to deal with injuries, fatigue and burnout in the playoffs. Just seems to me that 60 something games would be the sweet spot
Sign here
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,456

Post#56 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:57 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Celtics engage defensively they win, it’s that simple

7uice island is real my friends.

But yh we wouldn’t even have to worry about late game execution because games wouldn’t be close. Watching them lock up like that gave me some hope that when the playoffs come that will be the team we see, not the ‘60 three’s, win or lose if you miss or make’ type of team.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,460

Post#57 » by Parliament10 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:59 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

Yes for sure, but then teams are more likely to deal with injuries, fatigue and burnout in the playoffs. Just seems to me that 60 something games would be the sweet spot

I agree that going back to 72 Games per Season would be beneficial.
60 Games might be too little.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,883

Post#58 » by Green89 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:28 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Green89 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:That wasn't his team and you know it. He took over for Kerr middle of the season. System was already in place. He was a substitute teacher.

He's far from perfect but some fans take it too far with him. Zero credit for reg season wins? If being top 3 all-time in net rating is so easy to do, more talented rosters with legit MVPs have done it by now. Come on.

With regards to trusting stars to make plays, Tatum should know what works and what doesn't by now. 7 years in the league playing for 3 different coaches and facing all sorts of coverages. More frustrated with him re our late game offense than our coach tbh. BUT I still want Joe to be alert with timeout-calling in those instances. Like I said, TBD if his philoshopy changes in the postseason.

There's not a huge concern with him coaching this team in the regular season, but he's unproven in the playoffs, which is where it counts. He didn't even close playoff games last year with D. White in every game, when the numbers showed he was one of our top crunch time scorers and net rating players. That lapse of what can help your team win in the playoffs needs to improve this year. He's sitting on an 11-9 playoff record.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,921

Post#59 » by playa-hater » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:07 pm

31to6 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:That wasn't his team and you know it. He took over for Kerr middle of the season. System was already in place. He was a substitute teacher.

Luke Walton doesn’t have the longest winning streak in NBA history, does he? Did the Warriors really surpass the 33 in a row by the 70s Lakers?

No. Won 28 in a row over two seasons, not all coached by Walton:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_longest_winning_streaks#:~:text=The%20Los%20Angeles%20Lakers%20own,to%20win%20the%20NBA%20Finals.

My bad.. Please do not sue me..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,162

Post#60 » by Bad-Thoma » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:36 pm

We must have won, no Celtics threads on the GB and the Coreys be like

Return to Boston Celtics