ImageImageImage

Celts Stuff Peli-Cans in Garbage Cans! Victory Cigar vs NOP 3/30

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
17%
Brown
26%
KP
37%
White
9%
Jrue
6%
Horford
2%
Hauser
No votes
Pritchard
No votes
Tillman
No votes
Other/Coach/Team
3%

Total votes: 65

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 92,096

Re: Celts Stuff Peli-Cans in Garbage Cans! Victory Cigar vs NOP 3/30 

Post#21 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Relieved to see Cs can hit that gear defensively. Just 55 points in 3Qs are not a lot in today's game.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,720

Post#22 » by GoCeltics123 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:38 pm

Lee Van Cleef wrote:It was the last possession of the 3rd I believe. We gave the ball to Tatum. He wasted the clock all the way down to 3 seconds, then took a 30 foot, contested 3. This is our “last possession” strategy, for the last 2 years. I’ve been watching this game since late 80’s. This is the worst closing strategy ever! Someone should do something.

They did in this game?
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,982

Post#23 » by playa-hater » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:38 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Not for nothing but a Mazzulla-coached team set a regular season high for wins in Brad Stevens era for the 2nd year in a row. Up to you guys if he gets credit or not lol.

Luke Walton has the longest winning streak.In n b a history yet can't get a job to save his life. No one giving him any credit??
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#24 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter

50-7 when making 15+ threes. 8-9 otherwise.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#25 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:40 pm

playa-hater wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Not for nothing but a Mazzulla-coached team set a regular season high for wins in Brad Stevens era for the 2nd year in a row. Up to you guys if he gets credit or not lol.

Luke Walton has the longest winning streak.In n b a history yet can't get a job to save his life. No one giving him any credit??

That wasn't his team and you know it. He took over for Kerr middle of the season. System was already in place. He was a substitute teacher.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,934

Post#26 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:53 pm

After a bit of a lazy start they cranked it hard on defense and it was impressive. Pretty good team performance, thought KP, JB and Jrue were best. Nice to have Al back.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,982

Post#27 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:54 pm

playa-hater wrote:

Bill Sharman has the longest winning streak in NBA history.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,482

Post#28 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:58 pm

I enjoyed this game more than most games after the ASB, winning it was good, but the best part that I thought about all game was shutting up CJ! He was getting on my nerves doing all that crowd mess and talking all that junk! I was so happy we tore their ass up after that! How are you already celebrating halfway through the FIRST QUARTER??

WIN!!!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,304

Post#29 » by Ben-N1ce » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:00 am

Fierce1 wrote:

No way a team wins 57 or 58 games if the coach is as bad as some say here.

Sure. That's why the great Luke Walton started a season 24-0. 39-4 with the warriors. Monty Williams is 100% mid and the Suns won like 60 games before and got to a finals.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#30 » by Fierce1 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:08 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

Sure. That's why the great Luke Walton started a season 24-0. 39-4 with the warriors.

We're not talking about part-time.

Joe has coached one full season and this season.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#31 » by Fierce1 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:12 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

Sure. That's why the great Luke Walton started a season 24-0. 39-4 with the warriors. Monty Williams is 100% mid and the Suns won like 60 games before and got to a finals.

Not saying Joe is a great coach.

I think he's good enough.

Joe is not a moron or a bad coach that some here are saying.
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#32 » by CelticFaninLBC » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:19 am

Where's Cave?

Please avoid baiting. No need to pick fights. -b
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,487

Post#33 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:04 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:Nice bounce-back game for the Celts. The Pels smelled blood and came out with a lot of energy, but the moment the C's decided to play it was over.

Also, it was weird to see Zion against the Celtics -- such a rare thing. That guy plays so few and far between that he's just a rung above Greg Oden. But what a major talent.

Zion has actually been balling the last several months and has apparently lost a lot of weight in the process. They went on a 30-15 run after starting the season 12-11. The Ingram injury has set them back for sure, though, as they are only 3-3 since.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#34 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:12 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

That wasn't his team and you know it. He took over for Kerr middle of the season. System was already in place. He was a substitute teacher.

Mazzulla inherited a Finals team with several recent ECF appearances, who have since sacrificed long-term assets for short-term performance.

Like I said the other day, coaching also really doesn't even matter outside of the playoffs or the crunch time. Just too much travel in the regular season to truly gameplan for opponents. Closest you get to that is B2Bs against the same opponent, and we just saw how that went vs the Hawks.

IMO, we really won't know one way or the other if Joe has improved in the ways that matter until we are back in the 2nd round and beyond.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#35 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:18 am

CelticFaninLBC wrote:Where's Cave?

Oh, hey! It's the guy who never has any basketball takes and is only here to talk **** about a poster who has been semi-critical of a player than he has a mancrush on. Great contribution to the discussion, as always.

Tell you what. I'm happy to come teach you how to play if you think it would help you to be able to talk about hoops and not other grown men.

Just let me know. I'll make time for you.

You were baited here but that doesn't mean you have to take the bait and raise the hostility level with your response. Please avoid personal attacks. -b
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#36 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:22 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Mazzulla inherited a Finals team with several recent ECF appearances, who have since sacrificed long-term assets for short-term performance.

Like I said the other day, coaching also really doesn't even matter outside of the playoffs or the crunch time. Just too much travel in the regular season to truly gameplan for opponents. Closest you get to that is B2Bs against the same opponent, and we just saw how that when vs the Hawks.

IMO, we really won't know one way or the other if Joe has improved in the ways that matter until we are back in the 2nd round and beyond.

I’m with a lot of you guys on the skepticism when it comes to the playoffs. We were specifically talking about regular season wins.

Lots of changes since Ime departed esp on offense. Roster wise, they switched out at least 3 main rotation players for new ones. Players don’t win on their own regardless if it’s just the regular season. If it were up to the Jays, they’d still be taking turns on offense. That is largely gone now. They added tweaks with the defense that better fit the current personnel too.

Whether all this translates to postseason success is TBD. What I worry about him most is in-game management which is more critical in the playoffs. But I think he’s great at game prep.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#37 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:25 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:That wasn't his team and you know it. He took over for Kerr middle of the season. System was already in place. He was a substitute teacher.

Like I said the other day, coaching also really doesn't even matter outside of the playoffs or the crunch time. Just too much travel in the regular season to truly gameplan for opponents. Closest you get to that is B2Bs against the same opponent, and we just saw how that when vs the Hawks.

I’m with a lot of you guys on the skepticism when it comes to the playoffs. We were specifically talking about regular season wins.

Lots of changes since Ime departed esp on offense. Roster wise, they switched out at least 3 main rotation players for new ones. Players don’t win on their own regardless if it’s just the regular season. If it were up to the Jays, they’d still be taking turns on offense. That is largely gone now. They added tweaks with the defense that better fit the current personnel too.

Whether all this translates to postseason success is TBD. What I worry about him most is in-game management which is more critical in the playoffs. But I think he’s great at game prep.

How I read the conversation was that you can't have this many wins in the regular season while being a bad coach. I personally disagree with that statement.
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,573

Post#38 » by Memokerobi » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:35 am

Very happy with the defense in the last 3 quarters because our defense has been ass lately
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,010

Post#39 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:37 am

IMHO having Horford made a huge difference in this game. Ball movement was better, defense and rebounding were better and the rotation was close to what we will see in the playoffs.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,753

Post#40 » by Tatumfor2 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:30 am

I voted team. Great effort by everyone outside of the first quarter. Even the second half of the first quarter was pretty good.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:

Return to Boston Celtics