ImageImageImage

Thunder Get Caught In A Celticstorm! Victory Cigar vs OKC 4/3

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
18%
Brown
11%
KP
54%
White
No votes
Jrue
2%
Horford
7%
Hauser
No votes
Pritchard
2%
Other/Coach/Team
5%

Total votes: 87

tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,381

Re: Thunder Get Caught In A Celticstorm! Victory Cigar vs OKC 4/3 

Post#41 » by tlee324 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:37 am

Fierce1 wrote:
tlee324 wrote:KP has been a godsend. We've seen an endless treadmill of 6-8 centers and forwards non-stop since 2000, whenever we get a healthy talented 7 footer on both ends (KG and KP), good things happen.

Ainge was the one who loved those 6-8 Centers. :lol:

We had Antoine Walker before Ainge took over, but yes, Danny loved his big booty 6-8 PF/C's.... I liked Sullinger and Ryan Gomes, don't get me wrong, but ughhhh.....
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,861

Post#42 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:44 am

Read on Twitter

Spanking teams left and right.

Read on Twitter

The 30 times Hauser has scored in double digits match Grant Williams' number of double-digit games last season.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,285

Post#43 » by Parasite » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:21 am

AussieCeltic wrote:The funny thing is, I think the team has been on cruise control for weeks. I’m feeling pretty confident that once the playoffs start, we’re going to see this team go to new levels we haven’t seen before.

It’s absolutely amazing to me that there are still people in this world that think you can just flip a switch in the playoffs and everything is great. Saying this about a team that has never won a championship is especially astounding. If this team doesn’t win it all this year, you and everyone who thinks like you should be called out and ridiculed endlessly. It’s only fair. People who are actually realistic and offer criticism always get branded as not true fans and put down. If the Cs don’t win it this year with home court and the most talented lineup in the league, the sunshine pumpers need the same treatment.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,379

Post#44 » by AussieCeltic » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:45 am

Parasite wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:The funny thing is, I think the team has been on cruise control for weeks. I’m feeling pretty confident that once the playoffs start, we’re going to see this team go to new levels we haven’t seen before.

It’s absolutely amazing to me that there are still people in this world that think you can just flip a switch in the playoffs and everything is great. Saying this about a team that has never won a championship is especially astounding. If this team doesn’t win it all this year, you and everyone who thinks like you should be called out and ridiculed endlessly. It’s only fair. People who are actually realistic and offer criticism always get branded as not true fans and put down. If the Cs don’t win it this year with home court and the most talented lineup in the league, the sunshine pumpers need the same treatment.

Ummm what are you even talking about?

Yes it will be a huge disappointment if they don’t win this year. Where did I say it wouldn’t be? You’re kind of contradicting yourself in your statement.

I watch every Celtics game closely and we’ve been absolutely in cruise mode the last few weeks. Heck, Joe has even mentioned he’s trying different strategies out game to game.

Heck even the lineups have been chopped and changed every game.

Jrue has missed 5 in last 10
Brown has missed 4 in last 10
KP has missed 4 in last 10
Al has missed 4 in last 10
White has missed 2 in last 10

Even Tatum who plays all the time has missed 2 in last 10.

Im not saying they’re going to flip a switch, I’m saying there are extra levels to get to. I don’t think you realize sports psychology very well. Once the 1 seed is wrapped up, players can easily take the foot off the gas a bit which is what has happened.

It hasn’t really mattered because the Celtics are clearly the best team in the regular season and have now secured home court. They’re 60-16 for Christ sake. Maybe enjoy watching a great team rather than being a parasite
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,552

Post#45 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:53 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
Parasite wrote:

Ummm what are you even talking about?

Yes it will be a huge disappointment if they don’t win this year. Where did I say it wouldn’t be? You’re kind of contradicting yourself in your statement.

I watch every Celtics game closely and we’ve been absolutely in cruise mode the last few weeks. Heck, Joe has even mentioned he’s trying different strategies out game to game.

Heck even the lineups have been chopped and changed every game.

Jrue has missed 5 in last 10
Brown has missed 4 in last 10
KP has missed 4 in last 10
Al has missed 4 in last 10
White has missed 2 in last 10

Even Tatum who plays all the time has missed 2 in last 10.

Im not saying they’re going to flip a switch, I’m saying there are extra levels to get to. I don’t think you realize sports psychology very well. Once the 1 seed is wrapped up, players can easily take the foot off the gas a bit which is what has happened.

It hasn’t really mattered because the Celtics are clearly the best team in the regular season and have now secured home court. They’re 60-16 for Christ sake. Maybe enjoy watching a great team rather than being a parasite

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,861

Post#46 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:39 am

Read on Twitter

Beautiful possession initiated by JB. Don't care much about him as scorer tbh. We already know he can do that. It's when he leverages his threat as a scorer to involve his teammates. That's what gets me excited about his role on the team.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,485

Post#47 » by Captain_Caveman » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:01 am

The Corey's wrote:A big win over a legit team.

It's promise.

Can only play who is in front of you, but OKC playing without their two best players tonight. Can't take much from this, but glad to see KP rallying from getting clapped by the Hawks last week.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,634

Post#48 » by reload141 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:41 am

We might make it a 7 game series in the first round…. Might…
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,840

Post#49 » by Deivork » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:04 am

Porzingis showing the way. Lot of things to love from this team.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,722

Post#50 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:09 pm

Celtics took care of business! 60 wins!! Home Court throughout the playoffs!!!

Fun game to watch. I got KP for VC and JT for CP.

Don't take the foot off the gas. Play through to the end of the season.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,219

Post#51 » by 31to6 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:55 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Beautiful possession initiated by JB. Don't care much about him as scorer tbh. We already know he can do that. It's when he leverages his threat as a scorer to involve his teammates. That's what gets me excited about his role on the team.

That pass was so beautiful and unexpected. He loved it so much he tried it again later — a little slower on the pass though, and the recipient (I think Al?) missed it.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,219

Post#52 » by 31to6 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:59 pm

Al was huge.
OKC: get a center!
Hayward looks thoroughly cooked.
Pritchard so consistently a spark plug
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,950

Post#53 » by playa-hater » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:19 pm

Deivork wrote:Porzingis showing the way. Lot of things to love from this team.

I think KP for all his qualities is also the main reason teams will pay for trying to play Zone defense against us. someone good in the middle of the Zone is an automatic Zone killer. Can't think of too many players that would excel better than KP in that regard.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
MrGreenRunsDeep
Sixth Man
And1: 1,737

Post#54 » by MrGreenRunsDeep » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:32 pm

31to6 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

That pass was so beautiful and unexpected. He loved it so much he tried it again later — a little slower on the pass though, and the recipient (I think Al?) missed it.

Hmmm naaa , This play in front of me was the best in Montreal

Read on Twitter
Just a Fan From Toronto Canada who Loves the Boston Celtics & Toronto Raptors!
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,312

Post#55 » by djFan71 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:33 pm

playa-hater wrote:
Deivork wrote:Porzingis showing the way. Lot of things to love from this team.

I think KP for all his qualities is also the main reason teams will pay for trying to play Zone defense against us. someone good in the middle of the Zone is an automatic Zone killer. Can't think of too many players that would excel better than KP in that regard.

Definitely. Jrue had a couple nice possessions there last night as well.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,185

Post#56 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:18 pm

Parasite wrote:

Sunshine Pumpers? I think that's who we need to hire to clean up some of the real turds floating around this board.

JK btw, people can post however they want. I don't understand why people who are optimistic about a 60 win team need to be ridiculed endlessly if the team doesn't win a championship though, nothing is guaranteed. Being optimistic is just less miserable, doesn't mean you don't see any flaws. One thing is for certain - being constantly negative year in and year out isn't "actually realistic".
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,752

Post#57 » by Tatumfor2 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:04 pm

I wanted to vote for "Mad Derrick White", but decided to go team instead.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:

Return to Boston Celtics