ImageImageImage

HOW TO HANDLE FINAL 6 RS? & PROJ PO OPPO?

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,069

HOW TO HANDLE FINAL 6 RS? & PROJ PO OPPO? 

Post#1 » by exculpatory » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:19 am

NOW THAT WE HAVE CLINCHED HCA THROUGHOUT THE POs & WILL BE THE ONLY NBA TEAM w >60W THIS SEASON:

A) Next 6 games are tricky - want to maintain HEALTH of our BIG 6 + 2, BUT BUT BUT want to keep the engine lubricated & not lose BIG MO!

I am interested in what others think?

B) We may have to go through the Sixers, then the Knicks, & then the Bucks before we see the Nuggets - but none of that is guaranteed. Potentially, several different opponents could emerge during the next 11 days & during the PI/POs! Will be much fun to watch the competition!

Again, I am interested in what others think?
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
exculpatory
RealGM

Re: HOW TO HANDLE FINAL 6 RS? & PROJ PO OPPO? 

Post#2 » by exculpatory » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:33 am

exculpatory wrote:NOW THAT WE HAVE CLINCHED HCA THROUGHOUT THE POs & WILL BE THE ONLY NBA TEAM w >60W THIS SEASON:

A) Next 6 games are tricky - want to maintain HEALTH of our BIG 6 + 2, BUT BUT BUT want to keep the engine lubricated & not lose BIG MO!

I am interested in what others think?

B) We may have to go through the Sixers, then the Knicks, & then the Bucks before we see the Nuggets - but none of that is guaranteed. Potentially, several different opponents could emerge during the next 11 days & during the PI/POs! Will be much fun to watch the competition!

Again, I am interested in what others think?

Thanks for starting this timely thread, Ex!
I have great admiration for you 24/7/365!
(BTW, let’s go the bathroom right now please - I have to pee.)

I will start things off!

Do the Bucks want to finish #3 rather than #2 in order to avoid a ‘likely’ R1 match-up w #7 SIXERS (WITH BIID BACK)?
Should we therefore play our 11-15 players ONLY VS the Bucks on Tues 4/9 (our last away game of the RS)?
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,873

Post#3 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:35 am

For final 6 six games, rest as necessary. I’d rather we sit our top 6 for the lone road game in Milwaukee though. Not sure NBA will allow it since it’s a nationally televised game. No one sits consecutive games unless necessary. Rhythm and avoiding rust over rest for me. They have plenty of rest from final RS day until actual start of playoffs.

Would rather avoid the stress of a series against Miami or the physical toll on our bigs against Philly in the 1st round. Don’t want Orlando in the 2nd round.

We should be able to compete against anyone that comes out of the West, god-willing we make the Finals. But again, I’d rather not face the Nuggets.

Not too prideful to say “give me the easiest path to our first title in 26 years.”
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#4 » by exculpatory » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:39 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:For final 6 six games, rest as necessary. I’d rather we sit our top 6 for the lone road game in Milwaukee though. Not sure NBA will allow it since it’s a nationally televised game. No one sits consecutive games unless necessary. Rhythm and avoiding rust over rest for me. They have plenty of rest from final RS day until actual start of playoffs.

Would rather avoid the stress of a series against Miami or the physical toll on our bigs against Philly in the 1st round. Don’t want Orlando in the 2nd round.

We should be able to compete against anyone that comes out of the West, god-willing we make the Finals. But again, I’d rather not face the Nuggets.

Not too prideful to say “give me the easiest path to our first title in SIXTEEN years.”

Don’t make it sound worse than it is, please!
Do they count years differently in your part of the world?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#5 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:26 am

exculpatory wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:For final 6 six games, rest as necessary. I’d rather we sit our top 6 for the lone road game in Milwaukee though. Not sure NBA will allow it since it’s a nationally televised game. No one sits consecutive games unless necessary. Rhythm and avoiding rust over rest for me. They have plenty of rest from final RS day until actual start of playoffs.

Not too prideful to say “give me the easiest path to our first title in SIXTEEN years.”

We count years the same but the rice consumption produced fat fingers. Sorry for the typo and laziness to proofread and edit.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#6 » by exculpatory » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:34 am

X
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#7 » by exculpatory » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:37 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
exculpatory wrote:

We count years the same but the rice consumption produced fat fingers. Sorry for the typo and laziness to proofread and edit.

Excused since u are our best poster!
Andre3822
Bench Warmer
And1: 435

Post#8 » by Andre3822 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:45 am

Just rest 3 of the top 6 guys every night from now on. Milwaukee is our only road game left and if the NBA allows it, have as many guys as possible skip that trip. Can't turn the engine off completely, our first round match up could end up being tricky.
kivancb
Junior
And1: 410

Post#9 » by kivancb » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:46 am

start Jrue / PP / Hauser / Tatum / Porzingis and DNP Jaylen, White and Horford one game,

start White / PP / Hauser / Jaylen / Horford and DNP Jrue, Tatum and Porzingis the next one.

Rinse, repeat.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#10 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:54 am

I need them whole against the Knicks btw. Potential 2nd round matchup. Rest at will/as necessary for the others.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,414

Post#11 » by itrsteve » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:52 pm

Rest = Rust

With that being said, I’d play them all minimal minutes to reduce the probability of an incident happening. For NYK and MIL, I’d bench the starters but have them play half time for the scrimmages against Charlotte and Washington.

Sort of sucks for the NBA product to roll out the bench for televised games like NYK and MIL. But the casuals will have to be reminded of regular season dominance and that it does matter.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,640

Post#12 » by brackdan70 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:16 pm

I want Walsh dunks and Springer 3 and D.

Get Tillman plenty of reps with the starters.

I think you rest 1 or 2 of the starting 6 each game. Rotate Pritchard, Hauser, Tillman , Kornet in semi normal rotations .And get the rest some PT.
Limit starters PT to 25-30 minutes.

Play the Sac, Mil, NY games to win. More starter minutes and tighter rotations.

Still want to get to a12 point diff though lol.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,640

Post#13 » by brackdan70 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:37 pm

Philly has the easiest remaining g schedule in the league. I think they move up to 7 and maybe 6 if they beat Miami tonight. Orlando and NY may flip flop but will be th 4/5. I think bucks hold on to 2. So you have playin teams Miami or Philly at 7. Indiana 8, Chicago 9 ATL 10. So we get Indiana or Chicago first round and NY or Orl for the second. 8 think Miami or Philly can get to the semis beating Cleveland in the first round. I think Bucks get there as well. If NY is healthy we probably meet them, but I could see Orlando sneaking through. I still see us meeting Bucks in the ECF. So I am calling Indiana, NY, and Milwaukee as our road to the finals.
Sign here
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,724

Post#14 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:37 pm

Rest as appropriate but I don't want the Celtics losing their edge before the playoffs begin. We don't need the 5 starters looking like they just met each other in Game 1.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,614

Post#15 » by 165bows » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:53 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Rest as appropriate but I don't want the Celtics losing their edge before the playoffs begin. We don't need the 5 starters looking like they just met each other in Game 1.

Yeah based on what they've said they don't want to overplay guys but sound like they lean towards getting the time in to keep guys sharp.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,220

Post#16 » by 31to6 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:02 pm

Keep playing the part-time way they have the last couple of weeks. Don’t lose momentum, there’ll be a week off for the playin games. Target should be 65 wins I’ll take 66:)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#17 » by ddb » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:06 pm

With the playoffs right around the corner I started looking ahead towards what the playoff matchups could look like. With the Eastern Conference standings as-is, my guess is the following.

Philly beats Indy for the #7 seed. Indy beats whoever win between Chicago & Atlanta. Indy gets 8th seed.

Bos VS Indy
Mil VS Philly (INTERESTING!)
Cle VS Miami (my guess is this is who Miami prefers to play in Rd 1)
Orl VS NYK (no Randle)

Bos in 4 or 5 over Indy
With Embiid back I think Philly can upset Milwaukee in 6 or 7. Something seems wrong with Milwaukee.
I like Miami over Cleveland
Knicks over Magic based on experience and the MSG crowd.

Boston over NYK in 6
Miami over Philly in 7.

Guess what. We could once again be looking at a Boston VS Miami Eastern Conference Finals matchup. It's on the table. And for what it's worth I like Boston to beat their A$$ this time around.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#18 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:07 pm

Anything that gets us 12 SRS, something that's never been done before. So 30-pt blowouts vs. Portland, Washington, and Charlotte are non-negotiable.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,950

Post#19 » by playa-hater » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:15 pm

I say Playoff rotations for the first half only of most games then after that the 2nd and 3rd units all the way..

the starting 8 or 9 get to keep in sync (somewhat) but gives them proper rest as well.

PS... I want to see Walsh Queta JD and Peterson in every game after they win the G League title!
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,614

Post#20 » by 165bows » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:37 pm

ddb wrote:With the playoffs right around the corner I started looking ahead towards what the playoff matchups could look like. With the Eastern Conference standings as-is, my guess is the following.

Philly beats Indy for the #7 seed. Indy beats whoever win between Chicago & Atlanta. Indy gets 8th seed.

Bos VS Indy
Mil VS Philly (INTERESTING!)
Cle VS Miami (my guess is this is who Miami prefers to play in Rd 1)
Orl VS NYK (no Randle)

Bos in 4 or 5 over Indy
With Embiid back I think Philly can upset Milwaukee in 6 or 7. Something seems wrong with Milwaukee.
I like Miami over Cleveland
Knicks over Magic based on experience and the MSG crowd.

Boston over NYK in 6
Miami over Philly in 7.

Guess what. We could once again be looking at a Boston VS Miami Eastern Conference Finals matchup. It's on the table. And for what it's worth I like Boston to beat their A$$ this time around.

Worth noting Atlanta (along with Miami) has been hot since the AS break including their two wins against the C's.

I think an anything can happen in those play-in games is very much in the picture.

Return to Boston Celtics