ImageImageImage

HOW TO HANDLE FINAL 6 RS? & PROJ PO OPPO?

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: HOW TO HANDLE FINAL 6 RS? & PROJ PO OPPO? 

Post#21 » by ddb » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:36 pm

165bows wrote:
ddb wrote:With the playoffs right around the corner I started looking ahead towards what the playoff matchups could look like. With the Eastern Conference standings as-is, my guess is the following.

Philly beats Indy for the #7 seed. Indy beats whoever win between Chicago & Atlanta. Indy gets 8th seed.

Bos VS Indy
Mil VS Philly (INTERESTING!)
Cle VS Miami (my guess is this is who Miami prefers to play in Rd 1)
Orl VS NYK (no Randle)

Bos in 4 or 5 over Indy
With Embiid back I think Philly can upset Milwaukee in 6 or 7. Something seems wrong with Milwaukee.
I like Miami over Cleveland
Knicks over Magic based on experience and the MSG crowd.

Boston over NYK in 6
Miami over Philly in 7.

Guess what. We could once again be looking at a Boston VS Miami Eastern Conference Finals matchup. It's on the table. And for what it's worth I like Boston to beat their A$$ this time around.

Worth noting Atlanta (along with Miami) has been hot since the AS break including their two wins against the C's.

I think an anything can happen in those play-in games is very much in the picture.

Boston wants to avoid Miami and Philly in the 1st round. That goes without saying, I suppose.

Looking at the remaining schedules for Indy, Philly, and Miami, my guess is Philly gets the #6 seed. Philly has a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. Miami 7, Indy 8 would be nice for Boston.

Although, I'm not as afraid of the Heat this year as in years past. I actually think the Heat are better than last season, but so is Boston. Boston is a lot better.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,873

Post#22 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:47 pm

My preferred playoff seeding, post-playin:

1 BOS
2 ORL
3 MIL
4 CLE
5 NYK
6 PHI
7 MIA
8 IND/CHI

Then the Suns come out of the West.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#23 » by ddb » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:09 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:My preferred playoff seeding, post-playin:

1 BOS
2 ORL
3 MIL
4 CLE
5 NYK
6 PHI
7 MIA
8 IND/CHI

Then the Suns come out of the West.

Sure, but can Orlando make up 2 games? They still have Bucks twice and Philly once. Rough road ahead. I do like the bottom half of the bracket. It should take Celts 5 max to knock off Indy or Chicago. And I'll take the winner of NYK or Clev all day in round 2.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,562

Post#24 » by shackles10 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:51 pm

Bucks losing games looking to avoid Sixers in a 2/7 matchup only to potentially see them in a 3/6 matchup instead lol.

Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,493

Post#25 » by Tyakack » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:02 pm

The bucks aren't losing on purpose lol.

I'd rather face the heat in the first round than a sixers team with Embiid. I'm not one of those people that discounts the heat every year despite knowing them giving the C's trouble like every damn year but this is the ONE year I'm saying we will definitely beat them.

Will it be as easy as it should be? Probably not. The job will get done though.

All though I'm confident we will beat the sixers too, I'd rather not have that be the first round matchup. Also, I would very much love them to face the bucks instead. Upset special potential.

**Edit** Also, rest over everything right now. Anyone with any lingering issue needs to sit now. Once the playoffs get started it's GO TIME.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#26 » by shackles10 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:19 pm

Tyakack wrote:The bucks aren't losing on purpose lol.

Not losing on purpose, but Bucks are not giving their best effort anyways and have a history of it in recent seasons when we got the 2nd seed as they tanked for the 3rd two years ago. If we can't make fun of other teams on the Celtics board though then what's the point of all this? lol
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,948

Post#27 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:21 pm

exculpatory wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Don’t make it sound worse than it is, please!
Do they count years differently in your part of the world?

We count years the same but the rice consumption produced fat fingers. Sorry for the typo and laziness to proofread and edit.

Excused since u are our best poster!

Posters
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#28 » by shackles10 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:38 pm

I only want to face Atlanta again if they can promise Cee-Lo will be doing half-time of all the ATL games. That was interesting to say the least, but I can't imagine he'll be invited back any time soon with the number of F bombs he dropped lol.
SLCceltic
Analyst
And1: 1,764

Post#29 » by SLCceltic » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:52 pm

Let the team of Drs. map out MAX rest for everybody ...I'm not really worried about rust, we are just too/more talented AND probably the healthiest team going into POs ...lets not mess with that ! We all said going into the season that if this roster stays healthy, we are clear favorites to win the Title ! Well, here we are...

It really shouldn't matter who we play 1st round.
MIA and Embiid certainly make us uncomfortable :-? but this Cs roster is very different from any other in Jays era ! we've owned MIA this season and have owned healthy Embiid in the past.

Joe does need to get into a room with some Xs & Os gENIUSES and figure out a few go-to moves tho

I don't see us blowing big leads in the POs, too much pressure and urgency pluS PLENTY of reg season reminders :evil:
ROYALGREEN

Return to Boston Celtics