ImageImageImage

Hero Celtics Subdue Pyromaniacs! Victory Cigar vs POR 4/7

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Who smokes the big cigar?

Brown
34%
White
2%
Jrue
2%
KP
13%
Horford
No votes
Hauser
No votes
Pritchard
42%
Kornet
No votes
Tillman/Brissett/Svi
2%
Other/Coach/Team
6%

Total votes: 64

Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,484

Re: Hero Celtics Subdue Pyromaniacs! Victory Cigar vs POR 4/7 

Post#21 » by Saint Lazarus » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:29 am

Would've won by 27 if Joe wasn't coaching smh
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,125

Post#22 » by RickyDizzle » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:36 am

I said in another thread, Bantons a good player and the Cs should just held onto the seconds and Banton instead of trading for Springer. I stand by that, but hope I'm proven wrong eventually.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,932

Post#23 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:39 am

Jammer wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:Went PP and JB...nice to see Banton doing well.

I was disappointed Rob asked for there to be no tribute video, I was looking forward to that.

Wonder if he is upset that he got traded.

I just read it as he wouldn't want the attention...which seems like Rob.
ScottieJ
Senior
And1: 878

Post#24 » by ScottieJ » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:07 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:Went PP and JB...nice to see Banton doing well.

I was disappointed Rob asked for there to be no tribute video, I was looking forward to that.

Wonder if he is upset that he got traded.

I just read it as it wouldn't want the attention...which seems like Rob.

Plus at least a 37% chance he would strain his neck looking up to the jumbotron and add on another three months to his recovery time. really feel bad for the guy, would've loved to have seen what a healthy Rob could've done for the team.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#25 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:52 am

KamikazeK wrote:I'd rather not send the starters to Milwaukee on tuesday, am I alone in that? Let's see what the bench squad can do

Rest JB, JT and KP... Send Jrue and White...start Horfie and Hauser. I think Jrue could use the playing time as he was off with the injury for a while. You can manage White's minutes.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,980

Post#26 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:27 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Can I give it to Banton?

JB and PP I guess.

Celtics now 16-11 when taking less than 44% of their shots from 3. Not a lot of "chucking" today (apart from White) and got destroyed on the boards, still got the W.

39-49 from 2, led by Pritchard's 7-9.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#27 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:29 am

KamikazeK wrote:I'd rather not send the starters to Milwaukee on tuesday, am I alone in that? Let's see what the bench squad can do

Going > .800 for the season would be cool, and that would require the Cs to win out.

But so what? If the Cs win out the regular season, then the first time they lose in the playoffs there will be cries of "postseason chokers" again.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,487

Post#28 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:42 am

playa-hater wrote:Just played a starters 1/4 ...keeps the n b a league office happy and saves us any concern about injury. That and will probably beat them anyway.. :nod:

I'm with you in theory, but one of the things about resting guys is not just limiting the minutes they are set to play in any particular game, but them not having to do the extensive prep required just to play at all on any given night.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#29 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:25 am

Why did Timelord decline a tribute video, if we know?
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#31 » by Fierce1 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:40 am

Player development is one of the strengths of this coaching staff.

Early in the the season, fans wanted Joe to stop making JB a playmaker.

Look at JB now.

Before the trade deadline, fans here wanted Caruso to replace PP.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,999

Post#32 » by cl2117 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:53 pm

I'm happy for Dalano but not overly bothered we let him go. He needs the ball in his hands a lot and a lot of usage to put up the numbers he's been putting up with PDX. He's too inconsistent to play a supporting role for a contender with that playing style (very similar to Svi I think).

He's gonna do best as a volume guy on a play-in team that can afford to give him a ton of usage on the off-chance he turns a corner to being consistent enough to be a roleplayer.

FlatearthZorro wrote:

Rest JB, JT and KP... Send Jrue and White...start Horfie and Hauser. I think Jrue could use the playing time as he was off with the injury for a while. You can manage White's minutes.

Yeah I'm good with resting the majority of the guys but I like the idea of Jrue playing.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I think it's good for him to get another game under his belt in Milwaukee. He got his return game out of the way but we got blown out and he had a negative 31 +/-. Would like to give him a chance to have another crack at them in their house before a potential playoff series.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,573

Post#33 » by Memokerobi » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:39 pm

Jammer wrote:Pretty Amazing that Jabari Walker, a 2022 #57 pick, got 18 Rebounds in 34 minutes. Either he's a really good rebounder or the Celtics aren't. Just realized that Portland shot 40-102 so there were 62 opportunities on the offensive end, plus 38 missed shots by the Celtics. He got 6/62 on Offense and 12/38 on the defensive end. Wow. Keep in mind that the dude is 6' 7", and 9 more players fighting for the ball (in theory).

His last three games he had 18, 13 and 22 rebounds. Seems like its an emphasis for his current role
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#34 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:02 pm

cl2117 wrote:I'm happy for Dalano but not overly bothered we let him go. He needs the ball in his hands a lot and a lot of usage to put up the numbers he's been putting up with PDX. He's too inconsistent to play a supporting role for a contender with that playing style (very similar to Svi I think).

He's gonna do best as a volume guy on a play-in team that can afford to give him a ton of usage on the off-chance he turns a corner to being consistent enough to be a roleplayer.

FlatearthZorro wrote:

Yeah I'm good with resting the majority of the guys but I like the idea of Jrue playing.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I think it's good for him to get another game under his belt in Milwaukee. He got his return game out of the way but we got blown out and he had a negative 31 +/-. Would like to give him a chance to have another crack at them in their house before a potential playoff series.

Send Jrue but sit 3 1/2 other starters ... so that he can erase the experience of a shellacking? :D
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,982

Post#35 » by playa-hater » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:07 pm

Just filling in for the posters who make comments on "why are there only 2 pages after a Win?? and 20 on losses??

Damn this board :wink:
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#36 » by Half-Full » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:12 pm

The cigar to Payton. He's really shown that he deserves the minutes he's been getting. The behind the back pass to Brissett for the slam dunk was the play of the game. Nice to see our bench getting extended minutes, and playing well.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,753

Post#37 » by Tatumfor2 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:39 pm

playa-hater wrote:Just filling in for the posters who make comments on "why are there only 2 pages after a Win?? and 20 on losses??

Damn this board :wink:

Good point. I voted team.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:

Return to Boston Celtics