ImageImageImage

GOT IT!! VC vs WAS 4/14! Thank You Celtics For An Incredible RS And Thank You Mike Gorman For An Incredible Career!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big cigar?

Mike Gorman
48%
Pritchard
31%
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
No votes
Svi
7%
Queta
12%
Walsh/Springer
No votes
Tillman/Brissett
No votes
Davison/Peterson
No votes
Other/Coach/Team
2%

Total votes: 86

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,253

Re: GOT IT!! VC vs WAS 4/14! Thank You Celtics For An Incredible RS And Thank You Mike Gorman For An Incredible Career! 

Post#41 » by djFan71 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:30 pm

These last 2 games have been fun. Pritchard in beast mode. Hauser dribbling. Luketa twin towers. Svi, Walsh and Springer and the 2 way guys getting time. Just fun to watch. Good appetizer for next week.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,150

Re: GOT IT!! VC vs WAS 4/14! Thank You Celtics For An Incredible RS And Thank You Mike Gorman For An Incredible Career! 

Post#42 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:51 pm

I voted for Mike.

Pritchard is that dude! I know the competition but I don’t want people to forget he’s been impactful all season when games meant something!! Good job Pressure P!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,070

Post#43 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:12 pm

Bucks didn't get the #2 seed, but it still went the Cs way as the Cavs were not giving up the #4 seed.

All we need now is for Philly to beat the Heat to secure the #7 seed.

If Philly gets the #7 seed then Cs will only face one of the 3 in Philly, NY, or Milwaukee and that will be only in the east finals.

Great day as Cs win and the standings went the Cs way as well.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,253

Post#44 » by djFan71 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:52 pm

Forgot to say in the last post, but I went Mike cuz I’m not completely dead inside, and PP.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Post#45 » by 31to6 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:57 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:Began watching the Celts only months prior to Gorman's start. Surreal to see him go.

Grateful to have learned hoops from him, Heinsohn, Cousy, Ryan, etc. If you don't think that means anything, spend a couple of hours watching a Ws broadcast and consuming their media lmao. Guys like Gorman are why Celts fans have the best hoops knowledge in the league. No surprise that new media folks like Zach Lowe, Bill Simmons, Jake Fischer, etc all came out of this ecosystem.

Johnny Most, too. I expected to hear his name a bit more today but I guess the world has moved on ie not many of us are *that* old.
New media also includes Ryen Russillo, not saying he's great, but good call on this area having spawned an inordinate # of pundits.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Post#46 » by 31to6 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:02 am

only voted Gorman. Mike has been a low-key role model/influence for probably tens of thousands of us, from whenever we started watching. Not a dry eye in this household today as they celebrated him, and especially in his brief comments at halftime about Tommy.

Rooting for the Celtics is a unique privilege. People like Mike, Tommy, Red, Bob Ryan, Johnny Most, Cousy, and all of the players but I'm going to mention by name here just William Fenton Russell -- rest in power -- make it so.

PP, Svi, Queta, Tillman were all great today. Springer was pretty good! Walsh didn't do much of anything but that's okay. Davison/Peterson -- go win it for Maine!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,194

Post#47 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:41 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:This season's Cs gifted Gorman with his first 64-win season. 4th best in franchise history. Another slightly bigger gift incoming in two months.

They didn't do better than that the year they went 42-1 at home? Wow.

Of course, teams still flew commercial those days. (I know that because I recall a golly-gee-whiz segment on the Bad Boy Pistons having a team plane. John Salley loved it because he could bring a sex partner with him.)

I literally meant first season with 64 wins (and just 64). Never happened in franchise history. 86 Celtics won 67. 08 Cs won 66.
â–‘Nâ–‘0â–‘0â–‘Dâ–‘Sâ–‘ â–‘Iâ–‘Nâ–‘ â–‘Bâ–‘Iâ–‘Oâ–‘
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,718

Post#48 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:06 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:This season's Cs gifted Gorman with his first 64-win season. 4th best in franchise history. Another slightly bigger gift incoming in two months.

They didn't do better than that the year they went 42-1 at home? Wow.

Of course, teams still flew commercial those days. (I know that because I recall a golly-gee-whiz segment on the Bad Boy Pistons having a team plane. John Salley loved it because he could bring a sex partner with him.)

I literally meant first season with 64 wins (and just 64). Never happened in franchise history. 86 Celtics won 67. 08 Cs won 66.

In that case, that was one of your very rare -- at least if we go by percentages rather than absolute numbers ;) -- bad posts. :(
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Veteran
And1: 6,501

Post#49 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:20 am

I went Gorman despite going missing in the 3rd quarter, he was too strong the rest of the game and his half time speech was team inspiring.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,607

Post#50 » by playa-hater » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:24 am

bisme37 wrote:YOU GUYS we won the super-duper-mega-ultra-big game and we honored Mike Gorman and the vibes are immaculate! 64 WINS! CELTICS BABY!

Ain't no one can handle PP and Svi!

And our whole bench and Maine crew have been killing it and playing an excellent team game. It's a testament to the Celtics culture, system, coaching, talent, BBIQ and maturity. These lottery teams wish their actual team played as well as the end of our bench.

Mike Gorman called his final RS game today and there were a ton of tributes and a ton of tears! Thank you Mike <3 !

First round of the Playoffs start Saturday 4/20 but I doubt we'll play until Sunday at the earliest. And we won't know who our opponent is until the Play-in games conclude on Friday night. Whomever it is... GO C'S!! 16 WINS TO BANNER 18!

(P.S. Maine plays for the G League title tomorrow night! Go Maine C's!)

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

------------------------------------------------------
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Normally at this point of the year, I will thank you for another incredible job doing these Threads..

But you will not get a single.Thank you out of me until you finish the job..

18 or bust
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,667

Post#51 » by NuckyPowell » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:05 am

The team played great, but it's Gorman and only Gorman today. Best to ever do it.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#52 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:06 am

My eyes got so bad from all that crying, that I didn't even see Gorman's name in the poll before voting.

Gorman for the VC should be the lead. Now the Celtics better win banner 18.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,194

Post#53 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:20 am

Read on Twitter
â–‘Nâ–‘0â–‘0â–‘Dâ–‘Sâ–‘ â–‘Iâ–‘Nâ–‘ â–‘Bâ–‘Iâ–‘Oâ–‘
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,464

Post#54 » by Triple7 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:32 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
The Corey's wrote:Now that that's out of the way we can start the real season.

Real season starts after Round 1.

Probably not. We might face either the heat or sixers in rd 1. Both teams obviously can beat us, if we play dumb and lazy.
ScottieJ
Senior
And1: 851

Post#55 » by ScottieJ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:18 am

Gorman for the VC.........GOT IT!!!
jonige94
Senior
And1: 634

Post#58 » by jonige94 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:30 am

Would be highly surprised if Walsh turns into a NBA player.

We never hit on 2nd round picks.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,070

Post#59 » by Fierce1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:32 am

jonige94 wrote:Would be highly surprised if Walsh turns into a NBA player.

We never hit on 2nd round picks.

Walsh will be a big hit in 2026.
kivancb
Junior
And1: 391

Post#60 » by kivancb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:49 pm

fallguy wrote:The stuff with Gorman was emotional. What a career. Still hard to imagine next season without him.

I can also confirm he is exactly as you'd hope he'd be in real life. An absolute class act.

When I hear the word emotional, I always remember Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

But this really has been emotional. Thanks Mike!

Return to Boston Celtics