ImageImageImage

Celts Adjust The Thermostat, Turn Off Heat! Game 3 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/27 (BOS leads 2-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
37%
Brown
12%
KP
15%
White
22%
Jrue
2%
Horford
No votes
Pritchard
3%
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
1%
Other/Coach/Team
7%

Total votes: 99

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,409

Re: Celts Adjust The Thermostat, Turn Off Heat! Game 3 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/27 (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#141 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:24 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Yup edwards is the better scorer, and he’s no slouch on D, then i have him better than JT. SGA as well. Luka is better in scoring, passing and rebounding, so i have him also a notch above JT. Plus defense is so **** overrated. JT is a good defender, but even guys like jaquez and highsmith, can just as easily score on JT and Luka at times.

This is what I mean about the contradiction.

A lot of players are better than JT, but we're expecting JT to win a championship for us.

If JT is once again 1st Team ALL-NBA this season then that means JT is better than Ant because no way Ant is making 1st team.

Look, i don’t have a problem if you say JT is better, that’s your opinion. and JT should get 1st team, because we are number 1, and he’s our best player. I just have ant man above him skill wise. For conversations sake, where do you rank JT with regards to the best players.
I have him around 7th. Jokic, embiid, luka, giannis, SGA, Edwards, then JT. Most have him around 5th-8th. Not bad at all.

I go by All-NBA Teams.

If JT is 1st team then he's top 5 this season.
Fierce1
RealGM

Re: Celts Adjust The Thermostat, Turn Off Heat! Game 3 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/27 (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#142 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Of course i watch lol. The bulk of his scoring comes from his dribble dribble the chuck up a side step 3. When he tries to dribble inside, he gathers the ball too early, and is forced to euro step o his way to the basket, thus limiting his options. That’s why despite his height and length, he gets blocked too often. Just watxh the difference when Jaylen dribbles inside, he doesn’t stop the dribble too early. He keeps the dribble alive giving him options inside.

That's why I keep telling you, Jayson Tatum is not a finished product.

Give it until the start of the of the 2025-26 season.

By that time JT will be 27 years old.

It's just a case of some people develop faster while others take a while.

I hope so you’re right. I really thought that by this time, the Jays are already dominating the league. I envisioned them to be that Jordan/Pippen combo. Good on offense, and scary on defense. With that killer mentality and some arrogance. They are way behind in the mentality though.

The Jays are slow learners.

But they'll eventually get there.

JT needs a few more pounds of muscle so that he can be more of a PF.

JB is 90% of his full potential.

I'm not really a JB fan, but give credit where credit is due.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,274

Post#143 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:If it's just about scoring then you can make a case about Tom Chambers and Dale Ellis being better than Ant Man.

Yup edwards is the better scorer, and he’s no slouch on D, then i have him better than JT. SGA as well. Luka is better in scoring, passing and rebounding, so i have him also a notch above JT. Plus defense is so **** overrated. JT is a good defender, but even guys like jaquez and highsmith, can just as easily score on JT and Luka at times.

Number of seasons with above league average efficiency
Edwards 0/4
Tatum 6/7

If Edwards is a better scorer why isn't he better at putting the ball in the basket than Tatum ?
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,607

Post#144 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:30 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:This is what I mean about the contradiction.

A lot of players are better than JT, but we're expecting JT to win a championship for us.

If JT is once again 1st Team ALL-NBA this season then that means JT is better than Ant because no way Ant is making 1st team.

Look, i don’t have a problem if you say JT is better, that’s your opinion. and JT should get 1st team, because we are number 1, and he’s our best player. I just have ant man above him skill wise. For conversations sake, where do you rank JT with regards to the best players.
I have him around 7th. Jokic, embiid, luka, giannis, SGA, Edwards, then JT. Most have him around 5th-8th. Not bad at all.

I go by All-NBA Teams.

Dude, just give me your ranking. Name the players. Don’t just say top 5. Rank him. Is he number 1 or number 5. Also, embiid is definitely better, and he’s disqualified from getting all nba.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#145 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:31 am

Expecting arrogance and whatever mentality is not for the Jays.

Tim Duncan's personality is similar to JT and Duncan has 5 rings.

Just let them be and the Jays will get us 3 chips.

If the Cs win this year then we're getting 4 chips.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#146 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 am

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:If it's just about scoring then you can make a case about Tom Chambers and Dale Ellis being better than Ant Man.

Edwards 0/4
Tatum 6/7

If Edwards is a better scorer why isn't he better at putting the ball in the basket than Tatum ?

He’s already better. Better mid range. Better handles. Better at finishing at the rim, and finishing through contact.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#147 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:33 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

I go by All-NBA Teams.

Dude, just give me your ranking. Name the players. Don’t just say top 5. Rank him. Is he number 1 or number 5. Also, embiid is definitely better, and he’s disqualified from getting all nba.

This season he's number 5 to me.

I have him higher than Luka because Luka is just bad on defense.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#148 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:I go by All-NBA Teams.

Ok so who are the 4 players above him then? I assume Jokic is right? You can’t put embiid above him since he won’t be all nba like you’ve said. Name the 4 players above him then.
Plus you already contradicting yourself lol. You said you go by all nba, and you have luka out of top 5?
He’s top 3 mvp candidate. Sure fire for 1st team.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#149 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Ok so who are the 4 players above him then? I assume Jokic is right? You can’t put embiid above him since he won’t be all nba like you’ve said. Name the 4 players above him then.
Plus you already contradicting yourself lol. You said you go by all nba, and you have luka out of top 5?
He’s top 3 mvp candidate. Sure fire for 1st team.

If Embiid is not part of the equation then it's Jokic, SGA, Giannis, JT, and Luka.

If Embiid is included then I move Luka to #6.
TatumMVP
Rookie
And1: 1,184

Post#150 » by TatumMVP » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 am

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

I go by All-NBA Teams.

Tatum has many conference finals and one final, a proven player in the playoffs, with over 2500 points, Edwards has a lot to achieve to match him.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,437

Post#151 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:36 pm

“Aint no way boy ain’t no way!” I’m just going to pretend to be a mod the right way for a day because I don’t want to ban myself!

*whisper to my self* it doesn’t matter what you think of the opinion, it’s not hurting anyone! You can’t say that!!

:o
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
ThePigeon
Starter
And1: 1,317

Post#152 » by ThePigeon » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:37 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

I go by All-NBA Teams.

Embiid is better at what?
He lost to the C's every playoff JT played, JT being the better performer on each of these serieses

Making the other players better is the one thing that makes great player. Not just individual stats and abilities
Bird, magic, Jokic, Kobe, Jordan - all made the other players play to their strengths and make them better than they are on paper.

JT is on his way there. Luka, SGA and Ant man are way off
Triple7
RealGM

Post#153 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

TatumMVP wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Tatum has many conference finals and one final, a proven player in the playoffs, with over 2500 points, Edwards has a lot to achieve to match him.

Like what i’ve said, its not about accomplishments. If that’s the case, put Lebron in there, along with Steph. Sga haven’t got a single accomplishment, and yet he’s already top 3 in mvp convo this year. I’m talking about overall talent.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#154 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

ThePigeon wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

He lost to the C's every playoff JT played, JT being the better performer on each of these serieses

Making the other players better is the one thing that makes great player. Not just individual stats and abilities
Bird, magic, Jokic, Kobe, Jordan - all made the other players play to their strengths and make them better than they are on paper.

Are you serious??
Embiid is the current mvp. and JT is not making his teammates better. That’s one of the knack against him the previous years including the finals. Of course he made a lot of progress this season, hence the better overall game and passing, but he’s not on the level when it comes to passing and getting other players involved as the players you mentioned. Also, he’s as much as an iso player as Luka, but luka is the better passer, and so does SGA.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,274

Post#155 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Edwards 0/4
Tatum 6/7

He’s already better. Better mid range. Better handles. Better at finishing at the rim, and finishing through contact.

Edwards is shooting 70.7% within 3 feet this season. Tatum has shot 73+% each of the last four years. So finishing at the rim is clearly advantage Tatum. Tatum has had a higher free throw rate every year they have been in the league so getting to the line is clearly advantage Tatum. Their career shooting percentages from 10-16 feet is virtually identical (38.4 vs 38.6%) but Tatum has a massive edge from 16 feet to the three point line (39.4 vs 33.2%) so Tatum is clearly better in the midrange. Edwards is better at getting punked in FIBA play though, I'll give him that.
ThePigeon
Starter
And1: 1,317

Post#156 » by ThePigeon » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Triple7 wrote:
ThePigeon wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Are you serious??
Embiid is the current mvp. and JT is not making his teammates better. That’s one of the knack against him the previous years including the finals. Of course he made a lot of progress this season, hence the better overall game and passing, but he’s not on the level when it comes to passing and getting other players involved as the players you mentioned. Also, he’s as much as an iso player as Luka, but luka is the better passer, and so does SGA.

Embiid is the current MVP so Jokic won't get it multiple years in a row
JT has more assists than SGA and is looking for his teammates a lot more this year. I agree that he is not there yet and he still has a lot of room for improvement, but he is better in that regard than SGA

Luka is a better passer but he is a ball hog that no one wants to play with (including his teammates in the national team) and while he racks the assists, his teams have low assist numbers over the years

I am happy we have JT over Luka or Embiid. Can't watch them
TatumMVP
Rookie
And1: 1,184

Post#157 » by TatumMVP » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:25 pm

Triple7 wrote:
TatumMVP wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Like what i’ve said, its not about accomplishments. If that’s the case, put Lebron in there, along with Steph. Sga haven’t got a single accomplishment, and yet he’s already top 3 in mvp convo this year. I’m talking about overall talent.

Tatum is still the better player, right now I would always pick Taum first, in a couple of years probably Ant will be better than him.

Tatum makes his teammates better, reads the game better, is no longer an ISO player but a player who will make the right decision at the right time.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#158 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:Number of seasons with above league average efficiency
Edwards 0/4
Tatum 6/7

Edwards is shooting 70.7% within 3 feet this season. Tatum has shot 73+% each of the last four years. So finishing at the rim is clearly advantage Tatum. Tatum has had a higher free throw rate every year they have been in the league so getting to the line is clearly advantage Tatum. Their career shooting percentages from 10-16 feet is virtually identical (38.4 vs 38.6%) but Tatum has a massive edge from 16 feet to the three point line (39.4 vs 33.2%) so Tatum is clearly better in the midrange. Edwards is better at getting punked in FIBA play though, I'll give him that.

Lol. Edwards elevated his game in the 2nd half of the season. He’s just 22, and clearly on the upward trend fast. Just annoyed at the amount of layups JT’s been missing. Easy and1’s if he only has better body control and shot making skills. Anyways, that’s just my opinion. I’m fine if you think JT’s better. He could be. They are both in the same tier. Lower than legit mvp candidates, but above guys like booker and kawhi.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#159 » by Triple7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:17 pm

TatumMVP wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
TatumMVP wrote:

Tatum is still the better player, right now I would always pick Taum first, in a couple of years probably Ant will be better than him.

Tatum makes his teammates better, reads the game better, is no longer an ISO player but a player who will make the right decision at the right time.

Well, he did improved on that this season, i give him that. Much better than last season’s iso ball 3pt chuckster JT.
Still think he’s weak mentally. It starts when he misses shots, then doesn’t get a foul call. He gets frustrated and his game gets affected. Also don’t know about making the right decision at the right time. Remember the time when we were down 1, and JT wasted time dribbling, and took a last second contested mid range fade away brick? Lol.
He definitely has a lot to improve on.
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,145

Post#160 » by tfribs45 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Great team win….JT was strong all around, JB nasty with the downhill drives, Zinger woke up a bit and we matched their physicality! PP has pleasantly surprised, never thought he’d be a piece of the bench in our playoff rotation. Keep the scrappiness/physicality going it’s not the regular season anymore!

Return to Boston Celtics