ImageImageImage

Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
13%
Brown
1%
KP
No votes
DWhite!
73%
Jrue
3%
Horford
5%
Pritchard
No votes
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
1%
Other/Coach/Team
5%

Total votes: 118

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#201 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:22 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
31to6 wrote:For a few years I said Bam was my favorite non-Celtic, and the guy I’d like most to add to the Celtics. Now I think he’s the new Laimbeer and I’m pissed I have to watch him play even one more game.

FINISH HIM!!

Good win, voted Derrick and Al.

Yeah…but kind of like Laimbeer he is a hell of a good player.

VTB you and anyone who liked that post.

You a good dude, please don't choose darkness.

VTB? I am not that hip lol and when I googled it what I found didn’t seem to fit.
Sign here
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,005

Re: Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#202 » by sam_I_am » Wed May 1, 2024 1:20 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Yeah…but kind of like Laimbeer he is a hell of a good player.

VTB? I am not that hip lol and when I googled it what I found didn’t seem to fit.

I think it means ‘vote to ban’. BTW, I think Bam has proven that he is the secret behind Miami’s great success the last 4 years, maybe even more than Spo and Jimmy. He reminds me of the young Al Horford Danny and Brad once gave a max contract to many moons ago.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,215

Post#203 » by 31to6 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:25 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

I think it means ‘vote to ban’. BTW, I think Bam has proven that he is the secret behind Miami’s great success the last 4 years, maybe even more than Spo and Jimmy. He reminds me of the young Al Horford Danny and Brad once gave a max contract to many moons ago.

the way Laimbeer played basketball could in the big picture be called 'effective' but I wouldn't call it 'good.'
Same is becoming true for Bam as he takes more wild swings at guys out there.
I have generally liked his rebounding, ball-handling, playmaking, offensive game, and toughness -- but that last factor seems to be tilting into 'dirty play' which I can't ever really get behind.
KG was fierce but not dirty. Give me that all day every day.
Heat Culture can go VTB (variable throttle body) itself.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,838

Post#204 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed May 1, 2024 10:41 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:This is really where the lack of depth gets scary.

Lack of depth? We're the deepest team in the league. Only other teams even in the conversation are clippers, knicks and maybe t-wolves.

I haven't heard anyone say we lack depth since it was the preseason. Our bench has been awesome all season. Best bench net rating in the league and we went 21-4 in games without KP.

Captain_Caveman wrote:Even if we just had Grant Williams to give us 24 minutes off the bench for a couple of games, I'd feel more comfortable.

Who gets those minutes now? Hauser? Kornet? Tillman? Don't like any of those options when the chips are down. Not one bit.

Oh boy. We're still bringing up Grant Williams? Hauser was the *much* better player this season than Grant Williams, while making 1/6 of his salary.

Mavericks fans were constantly tweeting throughout the season about how horrible Grant was, how they wanted him off the team, how it was the worst trade in franchise history. He couldn't defend a chair this season and was air-balling shots in the paint.

How quickly we forget Hauser hitting all those shots in game 1 vs Miami this series to help us win that game. His defense has been solid too.

Let me just preface by saying my preference is for both of us to stay on our own sides of the sandbox here. I have never initiated a discussion with you and never will. Nothing personal, but I just haven't found your takes to be something that I need to be concerned with.

On to basketball, I feel like there is regular season depth and playoff depth. Could give a **** less about anyone on our bench past Horford and to an extent Pritchard. Hats off to some of them for being innings pitchers in the regular season, but they are not championship material.

I do think we have the best odds at a title, although it is pretty wide open and more open now with KP's injury. All teams have weaknesses, but IMO ours are now more more acute with KP out and debilitated for an uncertain period of time. It puts more pressure on our coaching, our depth, and our ability to respond to adversity under pressure.

Best first step for us is to put Miami down in Game 5.

As to Grant, whatever. I do know that he hammerfisted Giannis in a Game 7, which is more than soft ass Hauser is ever going to do.

Grant was our 6th man in the 2022 playoff run behind our regular season starting five (then Rob got injured so Grant had to step in as a spot starter). So the closer comparison to this roster in terms of role/minutes is Horford or PP and not Sam. Sam 2024 is PP 2022. PP 2022 didn't give us much back then and **** his pants in the Finals. Horford is the one who has to step up in KP's absence, win us a game or two with his shooting/defense. PP has to hold up defensively and not be a zero on offense so he can eat minutes while main guys rest.

We shouldn't expect much from Sam other than hitting an occasional three and helping with rebounds. I think he's been good on D most of the year and in this Miami series.

Return to Boston Celtics