ImageImageImage

Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
13%
Brown
1%
KP
No votes
DWhite!
73%
Jrue
3%
Horford
5%
Pritchard
No votes
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
1%
Other/Coach/Team
5%

Total votes: 118

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,908

Re: Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#161 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:48 pm

WeLikeOurGuys wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Twitter doctor chimes in:
Read on Twitter

Giannis is as tough as they come and he's still out with his calf strain.

KP missed 5 games with calf injury earlier in the year.

Unless he tore it he's gonna be fine for the finals.
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,161

Re: Heat Wore "White Hot" T-Shirts so D-White Came Out HOT! Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 4/29 (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#162 » by UNCBlue012 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:49 pm

Losing KP is brutal, especially if he's out for 2+ weeks, but the Celtics are deep enough for once to keep the train rolling. We need JT and JB to step up and the bigs to play at least decently.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,383

Post#163 » by fallguy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:13 pm

We did the right thing with KP this season but I've said all year that he'll end up injured in the playoffs anyway. And here we are.

Just hope he can be healthy for rounds three and four.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,535

Post#164 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:19 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

I'm not doing the homework for you but to paraphrase, you literally said that you thought they needed another year for this team to gel.

Sorry bud, this one ain't for you as my boi caveman would say.

Yeah, their chemistry will be much better compared next season compared to this season.

That doesn't mean they can't get to the finals and who knows what happens in the finals.

Just call a spade a spade.

The overreaction from that Game 2 loss was just soft.

Imagine if the Celtic players also have a forum of their own, like this one we're on, I'm sure Celtic players will say some of the Celtic fans are soft too!

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Are you ever going to hold the Celtics accountable or are you perfectly content with how things continue to play out?

I'm done holding the Celtics accountable.

Been a fan since 1986, so I survived the 90s.

Gaston was just horrible.

Didn't really care about winning.

Here's the thing, I have my timeline for this Celtics team.

This season is an anything goes season because I truly believe the Jays, KP, and Jrue need a year to gel.

Next season will be where the Cs will be at their peak.

The negative vibes is just not worth it because we will still all watch the Celtics if they're playing.

Ya. That totally sounds like you said their timeline was this June and not next.

Nothing there says anything about the Cs not winning it this year.

Didn't I say next season will be their peak?

You can't equate that with not winning a championship.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#165 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:23 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Yeah, their chemistry will be much better compared next season compared to this season.

That doesn't mean they can't get to the finals and who knows what happens in the finals.

Just call a spade a spade.

The overreaction from that Game 2 loss was just soft.

Imagine if the Celtic players also have a forum of their own, like this one we're on, I'm sure Celtic players will say some of the Celtic fans are soft too!

Fierce1 wrote:I'm done holding the Celtics accountable.

Been a fan since 1986, so I survived the 90s.

Gaston was just horrible.

Didn't really care about winning.

Here's the thing, I have my timeline for this Celtics team.

This season is an anything goes season because I truly believe the Jays, KP, and Jrue need a year to gel.

Next season will be where the Cs will be at their peak.

The negative vibes is just not worth it because we will still all watch the Celtics if they're playing.

Ya. That totally sounds like you said their timeline was this June and not next.

You know what you said. There's 26 pages in that thread alone.

It was after your embarrassing take of defending Joe once again because there's nothing we can do about it and we all should just be entertained by what we see and move on with our lives.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#166 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:32 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

It was after your embarrassing take of defending Joe once again because there's nothing we can do about it and we all should just be entertained by what we see and move on with our lives.

It's a fact there's nothing we can do about Joe.

Nothing we say or do here has any effect on the Celtics.

Parasite said the Cs have 1 championship in the last 38 years.

It's not like the Cs have been winning championships on a regular basis and the Jays are the ones underachieving.

The point is I'm willing to be patient with this bunch because they're still young.

What are you going to do if the Cs don't win it all this year?

You gonna jump off a bridge?
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#167 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:37 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Nothing there says anything about the Cs not winning it this year.

It's not like the Cs have been winning championships on a regular basis and the Jays are the ones underachieving.

The point is I'm willing to be patient with this bunch because they're still young.

There's nothing to be patient about. This team should already have a title, maybe 2 and definitely working on 4 or 5 total.

We're not waiting for the time to happen. We're in the time.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#168 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:46 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

There's nothing to be patient about. This team should already have a title, maybe 2 and definitely working on 4 or 5 total.

I've been a Celtic fan since the 86 season and after Bird and Magic, MJ, Lebron, and other great players couldn't win a chip at the age of 26.

I agree that we're in the time, but all I'm saying is the Cs have a higher chance of winning next year.

That doesn't equate to saying they're not winning this year.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#169 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:49 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:It's a fact there's nothing we can do about Joe.

I've been a Celtic fan since the 86 season and after Bird and Magic, MJ, Lebron, and other great players couldn't win a chip at the age of 26.

I agree that we're in the time, but all I'm saying is the Cs have a higher chance of winning next year.

You changed your tune real quick after the last two games.

Celtics in 5
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#170 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:51 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Celtics in 5

Never changed my tune since October.

Like I said, you can check my posts.
They're all there.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#171 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:52 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:I've been a Celtic fan since the 86 season and after Bird and Magic, MJ, Lebron, and other great players couldn't win a chip at the age of 26.

Celtics in 5

They're all there.

It's ok. We all say regrettable things.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#172 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Celtics in 5

They're all there.

Clearly you don't come here as often, because if you did, you would know what I keep saying.

Didn't someone accuse you of using a burner account?

That says a lot about your credibility.
flintsky21
Sixth Man
And1: 2,810

Post#173 » by flintsky21 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:57 pm

I'm a bit concerned about how hard it seems for JT to score at times, especially in the 1st half in game 4, when all he really could get against the defense are contested threes. But then again I've always worried about that regarding JT. He's gonna make contested 3 and turnaround midrangers, but with regards to making a bucket when you really need it, he's not gonna be as reliable as Jokic, Shai, Embiid, or Brunson. JB is better at getting to the basket or playing bullyball, but he also has the tendency of turning the ball over.

If the Celtics are to win the championship, it's probably not gonna be because of JT or their 3-point shooting (not saying that it can't), but it's got to be because of defense.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#174 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 pm

flintsky21 wrote:I'm a bit concerned about how hard it seems for JT to score at times, especially in the 1st half in game 4, when all he really could get against the defense are contested threes. But then again I've always worried about that regarding JT. He's gonna make contested 3 and turnaround midrangers, but with regards to making a bucket when you really need it, he's not gonna be as reliable as Jokic, Shai, Embiid, or Brunson. JB is better at getting to the basket or playing bullyball, but he also has the tendency of turning the ball over.

If the Celtics are to win the championship, it's probably not gonna be because of JT or their 3-point shooting (not saying that it can't),
but it's got to be because of defense.

When JT fully develops his body, that will change.

JT is still developing.

Once he gets bigger and stronger, the scoring will even be better.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#175 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:01 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Never changed my tune since October.

They're all there.

Clearly you don't come here as often, because if you did, you would know what I keep saying.

I in fact accused you of having a burner account. :x

It's all starting to add up.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#176 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Well, you're the only one who's saying that.

If this forum has a thousand posters and you're the only one saying that, that means you're like Game 2, the aberration.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#178 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:07 pm

Some here will disagree with that tweet. :lol:
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#179 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:10 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Clearly you don't come here as often, because if you did, you would know what I keep saying.

If this forum has a thousand posters and you're the only one saying that, that means you're like Game 2, the aberration.

You know who you are. Own it baby
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#180 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:13 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

You know who you are. Own it baby

Are you really saying I have another account here?

One thing's for sure, in the Game 2 thread, you've been accused of being a burner account.

The post is still there. :lol:

Return to Boston Celtics