ImageImageImage

Chematerility

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Chematerility 

Post#1 » by DorfonCeltics » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:36 pm

Pretty good article by Simmons. He's not THAT annoying and is writing about the C's, Spurs and Blazers. I think this is a topic that his been discussed often around here in the last year. Enjoy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nba
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,169

Post#2 » by UGA Hayes » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:18 am

Um... noone thought the knicks would be good and Miami is losing b/c Shaq is giving them nothing more than anything to do with Davis and Blount. Good read though.
e in boulder
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by e in boulder » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:50 am

Ubuntu is the coolest thing ever.

Scalabrine is so lucky he doesn't even know it any chance we see Scabs in a dashiki?
dingodile
Sixth Man
And1: 8
Location: Second Innermost Circle of Hell...a.k.a. Laker Country

Post#4 » by dingodile » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:26 am

Character? Tony Allen was on trial for a bar brawl that resulted in a shooting and tore up his knee(details were never fully released) and Scal was caught in a car with Orien Greene and underage girls.
"I can tell you my testicles are the same size," he added later. "They haven't shrunk. They're the same and work just the same as they always have." - Barry Bonds disputing allegations of steroid use.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#5 » by sully00 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:33 am

Dude the Scal and the underage girls thing was made up, Orien Greene was in the car with his of age girlfriend.
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#6 » by wigglestrue » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:00 pm

dingodile wrote:Character? Tony Allen was on trial for a bar brawl that resulted in a shooting and tore up his knee(details were never fully released) and Scal was caught in a car with Orien Greene and underage girls.

Yeah, but as evinced by the loyalty of TA's friends when he ordered them to "**** 'im up", there was a lot of ubuntu going around in that brawl. They ****ed 'im up like a team!

But seriously, coming back twice from a different career-threatening injury to each knee shows character, because players without character don't dedicate themselves to rehab enough to come back from one injury like that, never mind two. Having character doesn't necessarily equate to being a specimen of legality.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#7 » by wigglestrue » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:03 pm

Also, there truly isn't another sport where in-game chemistry is so important.
And it's just so, so, so important in basketball.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
dingodile
Sixth Man
And1: 8
Location: Second Innermost Circle of Hell...a.k.a. Laker Country

Post#8 » by dingodile » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:07 pm

sully00 wrote:Dude the Scal and the underage girls thing was made up, Orien Greene was in the car with his of age girlfriend.

I never heard that. Funny how retractions are never as well publicized as the initial story? Anyways, that makes me feel much better.
"I can tell you my testicles are the same size," he added later. "They haven't shrunk. They're the same and work just the same as they always have." - Barry Bonds disputing allegations of steroid use.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#9 » by Datruth345 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:24 pm

i like the article, but i don;t think he has thought of the fact that more gm's don't do it because there are simply not that many of that type of player in the league

there is only a handful of those type of superstars, and tehre is more than a handful of teams
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#10 » by TheSheriff » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:55 pm

Winning breeds chemistry. If the celtics were 3 and 27 things would not be so rosy.
LenBiasBaller
Senior
And1: 2

Post#11 » by LenBiasBaller » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:13 pm

Well simmons seems to suggest that is an easy blueprint to follow...that is true if you have Duncan, LBJ, KG, Shaq (prime), etc....You need a superstar and there arent many of those in the league...exception would probably be detroit but I dont want to get into that big ol argument...You need you have your core like the Celtics everything else fits into place...much easier to get pollard, posey, and house then it is to get KG, Paul, and Ray....DA is the man!

Return to Boston Celtics