ImageImageImage

DOC SUCKS!!!!!

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

DOC SUCKS!!!!! 

Post#1 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:35 am

Hey guys just got back from the game and I cant stand Doc, his rotations are just awful, when the Rockets were making there run why didnt he put another one of the big three in? A better question why did he wait til the Rockets were up one to finally take a timeout? The funniest part of the game was when the Rockets were up one, Doc was sitting down watching the game and Scal got up taped KG and then KG went near the scorers table to get in the game followed by Rondo standing lol. This guy is plain awful the only sad thing about us being 27-3 is the fact theres no chance hes fired. Im just scared he will blow some close games in the playoffs as hes done in the past.

Opinions?
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#2 » by Datruth345 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:37 am

we won
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#3 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:40 am

Datruth345 wrote:we won

We shouldve killed them, Doc let them get back into the game and almost win. The thing that really drives me crazy is the games when were up like 30 with 6 mins in the 4th u see the big 3 playing still yet when the other team is on a run he sits his starters
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,198

Post#4 » by SuperDeluxe » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:04 am

Tricky Ricky wrote:We shouldve killed them

The players were tired, and they are not perfect.

Besides, we've seen contenders like San Antonio toy with Celtics teams for the last 10 years. It was about time for the Celts to toy with some team.
dwestside
Rookie

Post#5 » by dwestside » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:28 am

I think his rotations were fine. KG got a ton of rest, he was put in to end the game to close it out ... worked out pretty well wouldn't you say?

I mean honestly, as long as we keep winning, and the big 3's minutes stay around where they've been I can't see huge reasons to protest.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#6 » by mr_sunshine » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:30 am

The margin of victory is really immaterial good sir. We still came out on top and that is all that matters.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#7 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:31 am

It was not Doc it was the players they teh suck.

In your emotions you failed to see we played the starters more then usually tonight.

Pierce and Ray over 40 minutes.

KG loged his average of 35.

Both Pierce and Ray played above average minutes tonight. In Ray's case 43.

Now that said, aren't we suppose to play our bench? Isnt' that what were calling for?

And before you say SA and DET, look at the minutes for Duncan,Ginoflop,Parker,Billups,Rip,Sheed.

These guys are playing less minutes then our guys. In SA case an absured amount less. Ginoflop is almost HALF the minutes of Ray Ray :nonono:

The players sucked tonight, the only bench we had was Pollard. And that's what happens when you rely on the 3 to score. Sometimes you hit cold streaks. Too bad we didn't have good TA. Or we'd all be celebrating a 10+ win with the Big 3 logging their average minutes.

Again, Ray played 5 more minutes tonight then his average. Pierce played 2 more minutes then his average. KG played his average.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#8 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:34 am

it does matter that we won and thats a good thing but how cant u be upset that he didnt put KG in until we were down 1???? He watched a big league colapse without putting in KG or calling a timeout?
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
I love heinsohn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by I love heinsohn » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:35 am

I was also at the game and felt the frustration, but at this point it is still important to build confidence. We know that GPA is a great trio, but those other guys that were on the floor (House, Posey, TA, etc.) are gonna be important players for this team going forward.

They need to play pressure minutes now and if they can beat the Rockets, great. If not, then you've got Pierce, KG and Ray Ray backing them up and they did an admirable job of it tonight. There will be plenty of games this year where our bench builds on a 3rd quarter lead all the way into garbage time. It didn't happen tonight, but that is all part of the maturation process as a team.
dwestside
Rookie

Post#10 » by dwestside » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:36 am

celticfan42487 wrote:It was not Doc it was the players they teh suck.

In your emotions you failed to see we played the starters more then usually tonight.

Pierce and Ray over 40 minutes.

KG loged his average of 35.

Both Pierce and Ray played above average minutes tonight. In Ray's case 43.

Now that said, aren't we suppose to play our bench? Isnt' that what were calling for?

And before you say SA and DET, look at the minutes for Duncan,Ginoflop,Parker,Billups,Rip,Sheed.

These guys are playing less minutes then our guys. In SA case an absured amount less. Ginoflop is almost HALF the minutes of Ray Ray :nonono:

The players sucked tonight, the only bench we had was Pollard. And that's what happens when you rely on the 3 to score. Sometimes you hit cold streaks. Too bad we didn't have good TA. Or we'd all be celebrating a 10+ win with the Big 3 logging their average minutes.

Again, Ray played 5 more minutes tonight then his average. Pierce played 2 more minutes then his average. KG played his average.

Wait a sec, It's not Doc's fault ... but your secondary point is they're playing to many minutes and that's somehow NOT Doc's fault?

I'm confused.
dwestside
Rookie

Post#11 » by dwestside » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:38 am

I love heinsohn wrote:I was also at the game and felt the frustration, but at this point it is still important to build confidence. We know that GPA is a great trio, but those other guys that were on the floor (House, Posey, TA, etc.) are gonna be important players for this team going forward.

They need to play pressure minutes now and if they can beat the Rockets, great. If not, then you've got Pierce, KG and Ray Ray backing them up and they did an admirable job of it tonight. There will be plenty of games this year where our bench builds on a 3rd quarter lead all the way into garbage time. It didn't happen tonight, but that is all part of the maturation process as a team.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#12 » by sully00 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:44 am

27-3, the greatest start in the history of the greatest franchise in the sport is Doc River's fault.

I think some of you need a shrink.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#13 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 am

1)It's not Doc's fault that we lost the lead tonight. It's the players for sucking. More specifically the bench players.

2) You can't want our starters back in the game tonight if you beleive they are logging to many mpg this season, for this game because they are going to log over their average as it was.

Then I go into diffrent points mostly supporting my 2nd point. Mostly about aren't we suppose to have a bench like everyone is saying we have?

The OP wanted us to play are starters even more [so almost all of them could play nearly all game]. But aren't we all calling for less minutes? Like SA and DET are playing their players.

I'm saying it's inconsistent to call for the starters to be put back in, when they are already playing more then average mpg for the game. IF you feel they already average too many mpg as is. This feeling is usually supported based on what true contenders like DET and SA do. Wich they are not playing their big 3 nearly as much as we do.

Most people are saying we have a bench, well then let our bench play and hope they maintain the lead. Tonight they didn't. I think these are risks were going to have to take in the regular season.

As for playing more mpg beign Doc's fault or not, that's up for you to decide. I feel like it's the bench players for not beign any good. At least Doc has stoped playing Scalabrine.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,139

Post#14 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:02 am

I wasn't thrilled with the rotations tonight. Doc decided to go with the star-less lineup for the first time in the first half and it cost us. Then, there was no excuse to let Houston take the lead before calling a TO.

But we won.

And we're 27-3. So while I might have some quibbles with Doc from time to time, I'd say he's doing a pretty good job. And, I reiterate, we won tonight.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#15 » by ParticleMan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:11 am

LMFAO, this has to be among the dumbest threads in a long while.

I love the Doc haters. They now have to come out when we get a CLOSE WIN.

OMG! WE DIDN'T BLOW THEM OUT BY 30!!!! FIRE DOC!!!!!!!

27-3. That's what counts. You think that's easy? How come SA isn't 27-3? Even when healthy they've lsot more than 3 games. How come Detroit isn't 27-3? Boy, if Doc sucks, Saunders and Pop must be illiterate goons.

Doc didn't put KG back in because THAT'S OUR ROTATION. you don't panic and start futzing with the rotation just because a team goes on a little run. You can't play KG 12 mins in the 4th Q, he gets tired. The team had an off night, it happens.

It's not Doc's fault the players didn't defend the pick and roll aggressively like they've done all season. You think Doc said hey, our p-and-r D has been great all year, why don't we try sucking at it for this game? No, the players were loafing, they thought they would have an easy night after going up 20. It nearly bit em in the ass.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#16 » by sully00 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:14 am

The starless line up held even, 15 pt lead when Pierce sat and 15 when Ray checked back in.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,139

Post#17 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:25 am

sully00 wrote:The starless line up held even, 15 pt lead when Pierce sat and 15 when Ray checked back in.

True, but if I recall correctly, we pushed the lead to 20 then promptly went into the crapper. Doc seemed to be the last to realize it

Like I said, we won, and our record vitiates the original poster's suggestion. But I didn't like the star-less lineup and don't want to see it again. What makes us special, among other things, is the fact that we always have a go-to player on the floor.

I don't mean to put too fine a point on this. This wasn't the reason we blew a 20-point lead. That was crappy team play. I just thought Doc could have stopped the bleeding a little earlier.
Jimmy103
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Jimmy103 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:45 am

On one hand you sound like the blowhards who criticizing the Patriots for winning 3 Super Bowls by ONLY 9 points. And that is rationalized by the fact that we did win. If we are able to run out a huge lead, milk it down while we rest guys, and still pull out the win...I'll take it everytime. BUT...

The other side to the coin is losing a guaranteed win. When you're up 20, this team should be able to close out every game. The question is are you good enough to "toy" with a team, allowing them to get within 1 and still close it out. They did tonight and that's why Doc SHOULD get a pass, but if it fails in the future it's squarely on his shoulders. So far so good this season, not much to complain about, so I'll let it slide.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,033

Post#19 » by jfs1000d » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:02 am

Doc is the perfect coach for this team. Imagine if we had a hard ass like Skiles or Larry Brown? Mutiny.

Great teams play best when the coach gets out of the way. It's up to doc to set a game plan and keep the team motivated. He has been incredibly good at that this year.

He is still seeing what he has. He wants to see how different players react to situations. Celts are 27-3, and could easily be 30-0. This guy has done a GREAT job.
Joselo16
Veteran
And1: 16

Post#20 » by Joselo16 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:09 am

The argument about GPA logging big minutes is stupid because if we had the 20 point lead going in the fourth maybe they could have sat those minutes then instead of earlier in the game. Also even Tommy made a comment that it was time to put in KG and PP back in the game when Houston was threatening but Doc decided to wait till after Houston took the lead to call a timeout (they kept showing shots of both Pierce and Garnett on the bench during that time). I don't get you guys. You guys rather wait till we lose to complain as opposed to complain while we are winning so we can keep winning. Not that anything we say here will effect the actual team but still I rather Doc correct his mistakes while we are winning.
You have just been Perk'd!!!

Return to Boston Celtics