ImageImageImage

DOC SUCKS!!!!!

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:58 pm

You know the funny thing is the past 3 years pretty much everyone hated Doc and would point out his flaws, now since were winning nobody cares about the same flaws we see year after year. I just hope he doesnt cost us a playoff game.
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#42 » by wigglestrue » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:58 pm

"I bet you think Terry Francona is the best coach in baseball to?"

No, but it's stupid for Sox fans to complain about him, too.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#43 » by Kefa461 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:02 pm

Hows about remembering not all games are blowouts. Hows about remembering losing games like this over and over and over again
hows about trying to be happy just with a win any way you get it. It wasn't
to long ago you would have just loved just to get a win anyway you could get it. Shot term memory loss? Just go into the kitchen and have a nice big hot mug of stfu and calm down remember we're 27-3 and getting ready to take on Detroit.
8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#44 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:02 pm

wigglestrue wrote:"I bet you think Terry Francona is the best coach in baseball to?"

No, but it's stupid for Sox fans to complain about him, too.

I cant complain about a coach who won two world series even if they were two of the highest payroll teams to ever win and if Doc wins a championship this season I can promise u, I will never evvvvvvvvverrrr hear me say a bad thing about Doc again.
CelticsWhat!
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Re: DOC SUCKS!!!!! 

Post#45 » by CelticsWhat! » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:02 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He didnt? He looked like the guy sitting on the bench not calling a time out to try to slow down momentum or maybe just maybe put KG or Pierce in?? I bet you think Terry Francona is the best coach in baseball to?

Why don't you read me off the list of managers in baseball that won the World Series last year? I don't mind if Doc is being compared to him once the season ends, as long as they have the parade route marked off.

Face it. This is a stupid thread that you started and you're obviously just a kid who idolizes the players and can never find fault with your superstars. This wasn't Doc's best coaching performance of the season, but he's done a great job this year. If you can't see that, it's on you.
"If you drop a phonograph needle on Brasky's nipple, it plays the Beach Boys' 'Pet Sounds.'"
wigglestrue
RealGM

Post#46 » by wigglestrue » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:03 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:You know the funny thing is the past 3 years pretty much everyone hated Doc and would point out his flaws, now since were winning nobody cares about the same flaws we see year after year. I just hope he doesnt cost us a playoff game.

Fine: He's still a bad late game situation coach.
Great, now you've sucked me into the vortex of negativity.

:lol:

But seriously, you're right: Nobody cares, nobody ought to care.
Unless his flaws actually turn wins into losses, he's irrelevant.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#47 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:05 pm

Kefa461 wrote:Hows about remembering not all games are blowouts. Hows about remembering losing games like this over and over and over again
hows about trying to be happy just with a win any way you get it. It wasn't
to long ago you would have just loved just to get a win anyway you could get it. Shot term memory loss? Just go into the kitchen and have a nice big hot mug of stfu and calm down remember we're 27-3 and getting ready to take on Detroit.
8)

I was happy with the win, Doc made it a better game to attend for me. Trust me I know not every game isnt a blowout but Doc can not do what he did last night sure he mightve needed to let the players rest but a time out couldve reallllllly helped us stop the run.
daveisceltics
Bench Warmer
And1: 517

Post#48 » by daveisceltics » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:05 pm

Give the guy a break.
We're 27-3 and the best Celtics team in over 20 years.
Doc never had players, and now he does.
Sure he left TA in as PG for a while, but maybe that was because Rondo was coming off an injury, and house can't defend as good.
wigglestrue
RealGM

Post#49 » by wigglestrue » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:07 pm

I cant complain about a coach who won two world series even if they were two of the highest payroll teams to ever win and if Doc wins a championship this season I can promise u, I will never evvvvvvvvverrrr hear me say a bad thing about Doc again.

Being on pace to have the greatest season in NBA history is plentyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to keep you (and everyone on this board) quiet.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Re: DOC SUCKS!!!!! 

Post#50 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:13 pm

CelticsWhat! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why don't you read me off the list of managers in baseball that won the World Series last year? I don't mind if Doc is being compared to him once the season ends, as long as they have the parade route marked off.

Face it. This is a stupid thread that you started and you're obviously just a kid who idolizes the players and can never find fault with your superstars. This wasn't Doc's best coaching performance of the season, but he's done a great job this year. If you can't see that, it's on you.

Why dont you read me off the list of managers with as big a payroll as Francona? Like I said if Doc wins a championship he will be my favorite coach ever. I dont think its a stupid thread just stupid timing as it is the best record in Celtics history. And Im not a stupid kid who idolizes the players and can never find fault with the superstars, Ive seen just about every game since 1996 including just about all the games Docs coached and can tell u hes not a good coach but we are 27-3 so maybe Ill give him a little bit of a break
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#51 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:15 pm

wigglestrue wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fine: He's still a bad late game situation coach.
Great, now you've sucked me into the vortex of negativity.

:lol:

But seriously, you're right: Nobody cares, nobody ought to care.
Unless his flaws actually turn wins into losses, he's irrelevant.

Ok I am giving him a break were 27-3 and Scal doesnt see minutes. Life is good for a Celtics fan!
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#52 » by Red2 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:20 pm

yes he stuck with his bench too long but he can't yank them every time tony allen screws up. doc has to develop his bench other wise the big 3 will be dead come the playoffs. it may cost us some games but Doc really doesn't have an option . Hopefull Danny can land one more solid vet for us because tony allen is too inconsistent
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#53 » by The Rondo Show » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:26 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:You know the funny thing is the past 3 years pretty much everyone hated Doc and would point out his flaws, now since were winning nobody cares about the same flaws we see year after year. I just hope he doesnt cost us a playoff game.
Maybe he will cost them a playoff game, who knows what will happen? Last night is most definitely not a reason to think he will though. You aren't going to see him coach like he would in game 7 of the finals on January 2nd in a meaningless regular season game against Houston, where we are up 20. If it's game 7 of the finals or whatever series, KG and company are not going to come out.

Last night had nothing to do with Doc not understanding what he was doing and everything to do with the fact that you overrate and over analyze what the 30th NBA game of the season means when you have a 7 game lead over everyone in your conference except Detroit. Doc was testing his bench to see if they could play well without an all-star on the court at the same time as them--and what better time to find this out than in a regular season game with very little meaning and with a 20 point lead?

If they held onto the lead, Doc now knows he can trust them a little more and doesn't always need to have one of the 3 all-stars in there. That would be a big help towards getting all three of them under 35 minutes per game, a la Detroit and San Antonio. They failed the test last night and it's just further evidence that what Doc has been doing (keeping one of the Big 3 at all times) is correct and must be done. I'm sure the bench will get another chance at this in a similar situation (up big, regular season game) and hopefully they will respond better.

And by the way, yes, Terry Francona is the best manager in baseball. He gives guys on his team similar tests to see if they can be counted on down the stretch/in the playoffs and when they fail those tests, everyone bashes him. He realizes that the regular season is a tune up for the playoffs and has shown what a great manager and even what a good in game manager he is once he starts taking every game seriously and goes all out to win in the playoffs. I once thought he was an idiot, too, but now realize that he just doesn't care about the regular season anywhere near as much as the fans do. His postseason managing has been incredible.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#54 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:26 pm

Red2 wrote:yes he stuck with his bench too long but he can't yank them every time tony allen screws up. doc has to develop his bench other wise the big 3 will be dead come the playoffs. it may cost us some games but Doc really doesn't have an option . Hopefull Danny can land one more solid vet for us because tony allen is too inconsistent

I guess if we have to lose it would be better to lose now, atleast we won last night
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#55 » by Taget » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:23 pm

My only complaint is I'd prefer Ray Allen to play fewer minutes and get more rest for later in the season. Besides that 27-3? I was optimistic coming into the season but never THAT optimistic. Tough to complain too much about any coach when you have that record.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

rayofsunshine
Sixth Man
And1: 460

Post#56 » by rayofsunshine » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:36 pm

I am a laker fan who has always been a KG fan and a bball fan, so I have been watching the Celtics this year, I've seen every game. In my limited viewing experience your biggest three obstacles to winning a title are:

1. Rondo at the PG, u need a vet backup guard, for example Derek Fisher would be GREAT. Not saying you could get him, just using him as an example of a guy that's a vet and won 'ships, that would help greatly against the pistons or spurs.
2. Kendrick Perkins.
3. Doc Rivers.

If those three issues are not addressed in some way, you will NOT win a championship. As a laker fan, I say :clap: as a KG fan :(

You better be worried about Doc. The best thing you guys could hope for are some closely, hotly contested games like the detroit game so Doc and figure things out.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#57 » by Datruth345 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:38 pm

for someone who has watched every game, i am surprised you would say that about rondo
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
rayofsunshine
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by rayofsunshine » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:41 pm

Don't get me wrong Rondo is GREAT! That is why I said backup vet is needed. But, there is a difference when you are talking conf finals and the finals. The intensity is off the chain. You need a vet, with leadership especially at PG. One guy CAN lose a championship for you and it has nothing to do with talent, but everything to do with nerves and experience.
CelticsWhat!
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#59 » by CelticsWhat! » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:42 pm

rayofsunshine wrote:I am a laker fan who has always been a KG fan and a bball fan, so I have been watching the Celtics this year, I've seen every game. In my limited viewing experience your biggest three obstacles to winning a title are:

1. Rondo at the PG, u need a vet backup guard, for example Derek Fisher would be GREAT. Not saying you could get him, just using him as an example of a guy that's a vet and won 'ships, that would help greatly against the pistons or spurs.
2. Kendrick Perkins.
3. Doc Rivers.

If those three issues are not addressed in some way, you will NOT win a championship. As a laker fan, I say :clap: as a KG fan :(

You better be worried about Doc. The best thing you guys could hope for are some closely, hotly contested games like the detroit game so Doc and figure things out.

There are a lot of point guards I'd want to pick up before Derek Fisher as our backup.
"If you drop a phonograph needle on Brasky's nipple, it plays the Beach Boys' 'Pet Sounds.'"
rayofsunshine
Sixth Man

Post#60 » by rayofsunshine » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:47 pm

I simply used fisher as an example of a guy that has been in many pressure situations in big games that could help out. Of course, he is not the only one, but the only one I could think of that wouldn't mess up team chemistry and have to take tons of shots.

Return to Boston Celtics