ImageImageImage

OJ Mayo

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Jimmy103
Sixth Man
And1: 0

OJ Mayo 

Post#1 » by Jimmy103 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:44 am

I want him! Haha, random, I know, but I want OJ Mayo in Celtic green next year!
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,976

Post#2 » by darrendaye » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:10 pm

Stephon Marbury 2.0, IMO. Narcissist with a basketball.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,137

Re: OJ Mayo 

Post#3 » by Dogen » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:24 pm

Jimmy103 wrote:I want him! Haha, random, I know, but I want OJ Mayo in Celtic green next year!

The only scenarios that I can think of where that happens make my feel nauseous.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Re: OJ Mayo 

Post#4 » by Taget » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:29 pm

Jimmy103 wrote:I want him! Haha, random, I know, but I want OJ Mayo in Celtic green next year!

Sorry. It's unfortunately a tad late to tank. Even if we lost every single one of the rest of our games it would take quite a bit of "luck." On the bright side a championship ring or two would make a mighty nice "consolation prize." :P
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#5 » by tombattor » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:50 pm

OJ Mayo is cancer.
Jimmy103
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Jimmy103 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:13 pm

Just to be fair...he's still a kid, let's not go overboard with the cancer talk

God I hope I'm not judged by how I acted when I was 18
AWalkerREMIX
Starter
And1: 8

Post#7 » by AWalkerREMIX » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:20 pm

No thanks. He doesn't have the poise to be an NBA superstar. Stephon Marbury at best.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#8 » by kmgarnett21 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:28 pm

no thank you. i would not take him if he was still available with the last pick in the draft. and if i did take him, i'd find a way to trade for him asap. the man will be WORSE than marbury as far as locker room guy and his off the court mentality will be worse than others as well.

he got into so much trouble in high school. think about whats gonna stop him when he's got millions of dollars!
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#9 » by FakeScreenName123 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:01 pm

Imagine how nasty OJ and Mayo would be together. oh man. horrible.
thefoulness
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by thefoulness » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:35 am

Wow, some of you guys are so wrong about Mayo, it makes me question whether you've ever seen the dude play.

Pretending he's a Marbury clone is just stupid, Mayo plays D, he plays good D, if you actually watched him lock up Derrick Rose when USC played Memphis, you'd never bring out those Marbury comparisons again.

As for calling him a cancer - you guys are just parroting media talk and have no CLUE about OJ Mayo. The kid is playing his arse off in a team system for Tim Floyd, who is as tough a defensive coach as there is in college, and all he's done in his college career so far is be a good teammate and a coach's dream.

But whatever - despite the ignorant comments on this board, we all know the Celtics won't have a chance at him - OJ will go Top 3, Top 4 max. And he will be tons better in the NBA than in college, b/c in the NBA his one-on-one skills will thrive.

Watch a player before you mouth off about him. Otherwise, you make yourself look like a fool.
AWalkerREMIX
Starter
And1: 8

Post#11 » by AWalkerREMIX » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:23 pm

thefoulness wrote:Wow, some of you guys are so wrong about Mayo, it makes me question whether you've ever seen the dude play.

Pretending he's a Marbury clone is just stupid, Mayo plays D, he plays good D, if you actually watched him lock up Derrick Rose when USC played Memphis, you'd never bring out those Marbury comparisons again.

As for calling him a cancer - you guys are just parroting media talk and have no CLUE about OJ Mayo. The kid is playing his arse off in a team system for Tim Floyd, who is as tough a defensive coach as there is in college, and all he's done in his college career so far is be a good teammate and a coach's dream.

But whatever - despite the ignorant comments on this board, we all know the Celtics won't have a chance at him - OJ will go Top 3, Top 4 max. And he will be tons better in the NBA than in college, b/c in the NBA his one-on-one skills will thrive.

Watch a player before you mouth off about him. Otherwise, you make yourself look like a fool.
That's funny. I question whether you ever saw the younger Stephon Marbury play...because they are exactly alike.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#12 » by ParticleMan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:35 pm

Marbury was a good player early on, before he slipped into Starbury mode. Comparing Mayo to a college Marbury is a compliment.

I would give a LOT to get OJ Mayo on this team. He is awesome. I don't think he's a cancer at all. Yes, he made some mistakes in HS but a lot of guys do that, news flash, not many NBA players are clean-cut saints. Reports out of USC are that he's been terrific, hard worker, plays D, is a team leader. No trouble at all.

Of course, my Bears beat him last night, but that was in spite of 34 from OJ ;)
Relative Autonomy
Senior
And1: 1

Post#13 » by Relative Autonomy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:54 pm

Jimmy103 wrote:Just to be fair...he's still a kid, let's not go overboard with the cancer talk

God I hope I'm not judged by how I acted when I was 18

exactly, what kind of person throws are judgments like that...cancers?
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,529

Post#14 » by canman1971 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:07 pm

Relative Autonomy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

exactly, what kind of person throws are judgments like that...cancers?

What is wrong with being a cancer. I am one. Beware of the hold of the crab :wink: Born on July 1. :rock:
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#15 » by ParticleMan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:54 pm

totally ot, but why the hell is it called cancer the crab? i mean, did old astrologers think that crabs caused cancer? wtf?! every other sign makes sense but that one has always puzzled me.

you may now return to your regularly scheduled train of thought.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,156

Post#16 » by UGA Hayes » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:23 pm

I saw on ESPN feature that said he got a 29 on the ACT. Thats pretty good. As for his play, he didn't seem that selfish to me. The more I watch the more I am reminded of Gilbert Arenas. He even as some of the same on court quirks such as a great pull up 3 point shot. Both guys were "crazy" at that age, but in retrospect Arenas seems like a bright guy-"too bright" for his own good. I'm getting the same feeling with OJ- For instance some of his talk before college made me think he appreciated how much colleges were getting to use him without compensation and was vocal about it. It seems "ungrateful" on the surface but I see it as a sign of introspective thought. I think he is going to be pretty dang good when he matures.
chavopepe2
Sophomore

Post#17 » by chavopepe2 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:22 pm

ParticleMan wrote:totally ot, but why the hell is it called cancer the crab? i mean, did old astrologers think that crabs caused cancer? wtf?! every other sign makes sense but that one has always puzzled me.

you may now return to your regularly scheduled train of thought.

Origin of the Word Cancer

The origin of the word cancer is credited to the Greek physician Hippocrates (460-370 B.C.), considered the "Father of Medicine." Hippocrates used the terms carcinos and carcinoma to describe non-ulcer forming and ulcer-forming tumors. In Greek these words refer to a crab, most likely applied to the disease because the finger-like spreading projections from a cancer called to mind the shape of a crab. Carcinoma is the most common type of cancer

still doesn't make a ton of sense...
Cep
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by Cep » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:26 am

Quit crying like a little bitch McDyess.
Cep
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Cep » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:38 am

That was so not a foul on KG, now here we are, back to havoc.
Cep
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Cep » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:40 am

1. Big Baby needs to jump and stop getting rejected.
2. Perk needs to dunk that.

Return to Boston Celtics