ImageImageImage

Stoudamire

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

303celtic
Freshman
And1: 0

Stoudamire 

Post#1 » by 303celtic » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:35 am

Stoudamire seeking buyout or trade.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... or_buyout/
CELTIC PRIDE!
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#2 » by Datruth345 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:37 am

lol...i guess it had to be done
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
Kaykoose
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,411

Post#3 » by Kaykoose » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:57 am

Can handle the rock and knock down 3s. Lets get him!
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#4 » by Spin Move » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:16 am

He would definitly fill a need if he was ok only playing 15 mpg
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#5 » by mr_sunshine » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:17 am

**** this guy. He's a bad character.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#6 » by sarah42 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:23 am

he still has some left. this team needs a real backup point guard in the playoffs, or if rondo is out for a period of time.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
CTCeltsFan34
Junior
And1: 249

Post#7 » by CTCeltsFan34 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:23 am

Can he guard Chauncy? :noway:
Look at those Bobcats......There laying on the floor!!!...Improbable
cisco
Veteran
And1: 48

Post#8 » by cisco » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:46 am

CTCeltsFan34 wrote:Can he guard Chauncy? :noway:

What difference does it make? There is no one else available that can guard Chauncy anyway. Tony will have to do it regardless of who we get.
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

billups... 

Post#9 » by Justwar » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:16 am

No one guards Billups, Just like no one guards Allen, Garnett and Pierce. Great players only stop themselves. The bigger question is, could Lindsey Hunter stop Stoudemire like he was able to stop celtic ball handlers. Cause Lindsey killed the celtics, not Billups. Billups wouldn't of been in position for the win had the celtics handled Lindseys full court pressure.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#10 » by sarah42 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:45 am

just don't bail out chauncy with fouls. don't buy into his pump fakes

people complain about kobe, lebron, wade wanting to get a foul each time they miss a contested layup after a drive...

watch billups. that 17 points a game he puts up is not about his fantastic ability to blow by you, he flat out wants to get fouled. at the end of games he'll even try to pump fake you at the 3 point line. tony allen, rondo, even ray allen learned their lesson last time.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#11 » by sully00 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:26 am

I don't think that Stoudamire would hurt us but I don't know how much he would help, if that was the route we wanted to go why not just go get Boykins?

They handle the ball better and maybe create a lit more for their teamates than House or Allen, that is about it and you end up giving up so much on the defensive end that I don't know what it is worth.

I want a '08 Erick Strickland, a guy with the size and the physical style to make a difference on both ends not just a guy who is going to chuck a bunch of shots, dominate the ball, and get smoked defensively.
LarryBrdismyDad
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#12 » by LarryBrdismyDad » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:13 am

sully00 wrote:I don't think that Stoudamire would hurt us but I don't know how much he would help, if that was the route we wanted to go why not just go get Boykins?

They handle the ball better and maybe create a lit more for their teamates than House or Allen, that is about it and you end up giving up so much on the defensive end that I don't know what it is worth.

I want a '08 Erick Strickland, a guy with the size and the physical style to make a difference on both ends not just a guy who is going to chuck a bunch of shots, dominate the ball, and get smoked defensively.

I agree completely what the hell does this guy bring the team. Lets see he doesn't play defense, hes a streak shooter, he dominates the ball, and hes bad for character. He can handle the ball better then House thats all he brings. The last 2 games Tony Allen has handled the ball fine except for a 1 min stretch last game when he had to be the go to option because Rivers took all of the Big 3 out which was stupid. One of them has to be on the floor at all times. Man Id love Erick Strickland.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#13 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:55 am

Someone who can bring the ball up when Rondo's out? I'm on board.
P2
Banned User

Post#14 » by P2 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:39 am

If Stoudamire was to be bought out, the Celtics would be the perfect choice for him, and for us. We are 2 players shy of the maximum, so we would definitely sign a backup point guard with such skills.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#15 » by BillessuR6 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:35 am

Outside of Cassell I don`t know if there is another veteran PG that could become available down the road. Sam would be perfect but I wouldn`t mind Mighty Mouse either...There just aren`t many alternatives outhere...
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#16 » by rambo_ortega » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:11 pm

eric snow would be very perfect for us. one of the reasons why chauncey was slowed last post season against the cavs.
wickerhd
Bench Warmer
And1: 139

Post#17 » by wickerhd » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:27 pm

Stoudamire still sees himself as a starting point guard, and that can't help chemistry. I'd prefer a guy like old friend Milt Palacios. We just need somebody who can handle pressure for 15 minutes a game while Rondo is resting. Lets save the little flexibikity that we have to shore up the center position.
****dave
Collinto
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#18 » by Collinto » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:59 pm

Stoudemire is owed 8.5 over the next 2 seasons.

Scal is owed 9.5 over the next 3 seasons.

Gets the C's needed depth (injury insurance for Rondo, House, Allen) at the PG spot and an expiring contract for the draft/summer/next season.

Was Wallace a Scal guy? But seems like Memphis could use a little depth at the forward and don't have a big that can spread the floor. Seems like he'd be a better locker room guy for a young team too.

I like that scenerio the best. There aren't going to be alot of playoff minutes for either guy (hopefully) and The Large Infant and Leon can take the couple of minutes Scal's seen. Still have two spots and more flexibility to deal this summer.
Egregious Blunder
General Manager

Post#19 » by Egregious Blunder » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:04 pm

id consider scal & TA for mighty mouse.
pruitt looks to be useless this season and we have a really tough time bringing the ball up against pressure when rondo is out.

then use the free spot to sign chris anderson.

damn wed be even fiercer than we are now.
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#20 » by reggielewis » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:13 pm

Egregious Blunder wrote:id consider scal & TA for mighty mouse.
pruitt looks to be useless this season and we have a really tough time bringing the ball up against pressure when rondo is out.

then use the free spot to sign chris anderson.

damn wed be even fiercer than we are now.

:) ) he is worth more than that. Lets not forget "according to reports" Tony was almost moved for Baron Davis a few yrs back. He was the kep piece in that deal along with GP and others which tells me that when he is healthy he holds value. If we are going to move Tony I would rather do it this summer when we have a decent free agent crop and use him in a sign and trade.
Having said that I would take Damon on a buyout but his "character" does worry me. There are only a few things that can change the course of our season a)injuries b) tired legs c)bad team chemistry. I am shakey on adding anyone that comes in witha "rep" because although we have strong personalites in KG, Ray and PP one bad apple can change the context of our team.

Return to Boston Celtics