ImageImageImage

Should TA start at the point on Saturday?

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#21 » by GuyClinch » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:56 am

Rondo will start and get eaten up by Billups. This is just how it has to work. You can't win every matchup vs. every team and Rondo is going to help our O run better. it's not like TA can win the Billups matchup either. Billups will just get tons of calls on him..

Pete
Joselo16
Veteran
And1: 16

Post#22 » by Joselo16 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:09 am

What he ^ said!
You have just been Perk'd!!!
daveisceltics
Bench Warmer
And1: 517

Post#23 » by daveisceltics » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:00 pm

Tony would give us a lot more off the bench.
But if Rondo struggles tonight, and it's a close game Doc should put Tony in with about 5 minutes to go.
drza
Analyst
And1: 1,852

Post#24 » by drza » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:23 pm

No one ever seems to point out that Billups didn't start dominating Rondo until Rondo picked up his 5th foul and could no longer play aggressive D. When he was able to be aggressive, Rondo's length and quickness were enough to play Billups effectively. When Rondo was no longer able to body him up without fear of getting that 6th foul is when Chauncey started using angles to get clean looks without fear that Rondo could challenge him.

Now, the fact that Rondo had 5 fouls in the first place is definitely an issue, but IMO that isn't the same as saying Chauncey dominated him. It means that Rondo needs to learn how to defend him without using his hands so much, which means that Rondo needs to see as much time covering Billups in the regular season as possible so that he'd have that lesson learned by the playoffs...
Creator of the Hoops Lab: tinyurl.com/mpo2brj
Contributor to NylonCalculusDOTcom
Contributor to TYTSports: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTbFEVCpx9shKEsZl7FcRHzpGO1dPoimk
Follow on Twitter: @ProfessorDrz
Joselo16
Veteran
And1: 16

Post#25 » by Joselo16 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:35 pm

drza wrote:Now, the fact that Rondo had 5 fouls in the first place is definitely an issue, but IMO that isn't the same as saying Chauncey dominated him. It means that Rondo needs to learn how to defend him without using his hands so much, which means that Rondo needs to see as much time covering Billups in the regular season as possible so that he'd have that lesson learned by the playoffs...

That and the refs need to get off Billups you know what. I think like 3 of Rondos fouls were ticky tack fouls. What I don't like is that they didn't give Rondo the same calls and you could clearly see the frustration on Rondo in one of the fouls (I believe he just yanked Billups by the jersey).
You have just been Perk'd!!!
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,156

Post#26 » by UGA Hayes » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:51 pm

Given the high probability that we will be in a long series with detroit in the playoffs, I wan't Rondo to take his lumps now.
DJToLarry
Pro Prospect
And1: 38

Post#27 » by DJToLarry » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:14 pm

Wow three pages on this and no one agrees with the original poster. Most good discussions dont go this long.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#28 » by mr_sunshine » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:48 pm

Joselo16 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That and the refs need to get off Billups you know what. I think like 3 of Rondos fouls were ticky tack fouls. What I don't like is that they didn't give Rondo the same calls and you could clearly see the frustration on Rondo in one of the fouls (I believe he just yanked Billups by the jersey).

Yeap, it's BS. Star treatment happens everywhere though, and KG and Pierce get a lot of calls too. It goes both ways, but that one play stuck out as BS. Chauncey basically pushed Rondo out of bounds from behind when he was going for a loose ball with no foul, so he got up and yanked Chauncey's jersey.
TheCelticsMan
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#29 » by TheCelticsMan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:42 am

DJToLarry wrote:Wow three pages on this and no one agrees with the original poster. Most good discussions dont go this long.

I guess Heinsohn and Gorman agreeing with me don't count...you know, a top 10 all time winning percentage nba championship winning coach.
GREEN #17.... K PERK
TheCelticsMan
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#30 » by TheCelticsMan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:43 am

and something I forgot to add is tony allen has atrocious ball handling skills
GREEN #17.... K PERK
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,976

Post#31 » by darrendaye » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:46 am

TheCelticsMan wrote:and something I forgot to add is tony allen has atrocious ball handling skills

And they don't win tonight's game without him.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?

Return to Boston Celtics