ImageImageImage

Someone slap David Stern.

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Someone slap David Stern. 

Post#1 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:31 am

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... and_throw/

Ok, so Lamar Odom goes Jack Tatum on Ray Allen and gets a one game suspension, Zach Randolph throws a headband (even if it hit a ref, not on the same level at all) and gets a one game suspension. So in David Stern's mind, throwing a headband is the same as practicing for a WWE tryout during a basketball game. Are you f$#king kidding me?!?!? Is this a joke?!?! This is ridiculous, the NBA needs to get consistent and realistic with it's rulings.
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#2 » by triplet1984 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:44 am

I believe throwing things is an automatic one game suspension - no debate - its been that way... so technically he is being consistent.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:51 am

Da-Met wrote:I believe throwing things is an automatic one game suspension - no debate - its been that way... so technically he is being consistent.

But do you think that throwing a headband is as bad as leveling a player? I sure as h3ll don't.
Scrub Sura
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Scrub Sura » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:05 am

Al n' Perk No Layups! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But do you think that throwing a headband is as bad as leveling a player? I sure as h3ll don't.

Regardless of what I think, I'm sure David Stern could careless.

Besides, I'm sure somewhere Robert Parish and Bill Laimbeer are sitting together on a couch, sharing a plate of nachos and ROFL that Odom was even suspended.
GreenOkie
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#5 » by GreenOkie » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:50 am

the refs are untouchable...unless the FBI is involved...
John Locke
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#6 » by John Locke » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:50 am

That Lamar Odom thing was blown way out of porportion. WWE thing? This was just a hard foul in my opinion.

How often do you think MJ got tackled like this by the Knicks? And at that time, NBA was probably more popular. I think that this policy is just stupid, no hard fouls any more and no toughness allowed really.
Relative Autonomy
Senior

Post#7 » by Relative Autonomy » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:41 pm

the nba is cream-puff soft right now and it's pathetic. watch tape from the 1980s. bird chocked DJ, parish slugged lambeer. i wish people would stop the hyperbole with odoms "tackle" of allen. if anything it was a hip check but more importantly who gives a ****?

Return to Boston Celtics