ImageImageImage

i think its safe to say

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

i think its safe to say 

Post#1 » by reggielewis » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:06 am

We are THE most hated team on this board. I saw three different posts on three different forums about us losing last night to the bobcats. I saw two regarding ray allen being out (and of course it was "see we said they'd get injured it was bound to happen") I saw at least one post regarding KG on the general board about him being a wimp (which is funny because now that he is a Celtic people hate him. When he was losing with Minny they respected his passion) I think we average a post every 2 days on the general board about our lack of depth, KG being a loser, PP being a punk etc etc.. i am confused can someone explain to me why we are the most hated team? What exactly are we doing that other teams apparently aren't? Winning? I understand peoples need to find fault because in essence we were not supposed to be that good, but to hear some of the explanations and all that other b.s. is mind boggaling to me.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#2 » by EvadedHavoc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:09 am

Anyone remember when Paul Pierce put Jamal Crawful in his place? :rofl:
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#3 » by greenbeans » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:11 am

its kinda fun, screw em. all the hate is just gonna build more adversity and desire. hate on people!!
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,368

Post#4 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:12 am

All the people that predicted that the Celtics would be a failure this season are just venting their frustration.

It's not nice to see the haters operate but. in the end, who freaking cares?
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#5 » by Cyclical » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:12 am

Simple solution: "Add to favorites", then re-post at the end of the season.
Mister Keys
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Mister Keys » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:21 am

I'll say it like this

Last year, Fans for other teams would say the C's are this or that (usually some pompous statement about our season 24-58 )

First it was not getting respect, now it's hate..lets see why?

(1) Front office has pulled off successful trades
(2) Turned a lame duck team to a contender
(3) Established a team that is now challenging other elites less than a year.

Instead of picking your reasons to hate, pick your poison
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#7 » by ParticleMan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:28 am

we're the king of the hill.

everyone hates the king of the hill.

it's a good thing :nod:
Bigmiketruth
Starter
And1: 3

Post#8 » by Bigmiketruth » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:55 am

"Hate is the new love"
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,983

Post#9 » by GregB » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:45 am

Meh, Just the usual suspects. I dont think Netsforce would know what do with himself if he didnt insult the Celtics. Sucks being a nets fan I guess.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#10 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:03 am

Awesome.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#11 » by Datruth345 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:19 am

if i wasn't a celtics fan, i'd probably hate us too

everything people said about us, we have proven just the opposite
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,207

Post#12 » by MaxwellSmart » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:28 am

Not only that...have you ever seen a Superstar (All-Star vote leader) get LESS respect from the refs?....I've never seen so many ticky tack calls go against a guy like this (especially when he's the one getting mauled) -all season long......KG was forced to sit against Toronto in their first meeting when the refs called 3 cheap fouls on him in the first 2 minutes of the 4th(allowing Toronto to come back and send game into OT)---it also happened in last week's Detroit game and a few more this year.

I think the refs are in denial too.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:56 am

You know what really annoys me? When people post in gamethreads, who are unaffiliated with either team in the game, and start cheering for the other team like it's their team whenever we have a close game. I'm fine with the after the game congrats, I'm talking about guys like Eastern Magic becoming a big Bobcats fan during Wednesdays game, or that Kings fan (It was something like Kingsly22) who posted more in the Sonics-Celtics thread than all of the Sonics fans combined or the raps fans who show up in every game thread. Don't these people have frickin lives?
Relative Autonomy
Senior

Post#14 » by Relative Autonomy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:06 pm

as my European History teacher in high school said "When somebody gets to strong, it's gang up time."
cisco
Veteran
And1: 48

Post#15 » by cisco » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:19 pm

MaxwellSmart wrote:Not only that...have you ever seen a Superstar (All-Star vote leader) get LESS respect from the refs?....I've never seen so many ticky tack calls go against a guy like this (especially when he's the one getting mauled) -all season long......KG was forced to sit against Toronto in their first meeting when the refs called 3 cheap fouls on him in the first 2 minutes of the 4th(allowing Toronto to come back and send game into OT)---it also happened in last week's Detroit game and a few more this year.

I think the refs are in denial too.

That's because he's a Celtic now. Welcome to the Green KG!
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#16 » by Joe Kleazy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:54 pm

I tend to think more posters treat you that way is because some of your boards posters have a hard time staying humble nowadays. I can understand coming off a few bad seasons to now ( along with the sox's and pats) would have your area fans chests' puffing up but you should still remain humble.

Combine that with born haters and you have your answer. Its been happening to us laker fans forever.

PS---see you in the finals
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#17 » by DorfonCeltics » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Joe Kleazy wrote:I tend to think more posters treat you that way is because some of your boards posters have a hard time staying humble nowadays. I can understand coming off a few bad seasons to now ( along with the sox's and pats) would have your area fans chests' puffing up but you should still remain humble.

Combine that with born haters and you have your answer. Its been happening to us laker fans forever.

PS---see you in the finals

Dude we are the fans no the players. Our players need to stay humble. The whole fun part about being a fan is being able to be cocky when you team wins and suicidal when it goes 24-58. I know we have a few annoying posters who troll other boards taunting the hell out of them but for other posters to come here and talk **** for nothing is pretty absurd. I still think it's fun to hated and enjoy every minute of it.
Kaykoose
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,412

Post#18 » by Kaykoose » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:56 pm

People hate on whos on top. Consider it a compliment.
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#19 » by Joe Kleazy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:00 pm

DorfonCeltics wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dude we are the fans no the players. Our players need to stay humble. The whole fun part about being a fan is being able to be cocky when you team wins and suicidal when it goes 24-58. I know we have a few annoying posters who troll other boards taunting the hell out of them but for other posters to come here and talk **** for nothing is pretty absurd. I still think it's fun to hated and enjoy every minute of it.

How is absurd for others to come here when you just said you have people who troll other boards being cocky taunting others. I think that is what mostly brings the trolls back here. There is nothing wrong with going nutz for your team but expect the return when you troll just as much as the ones you do the same to.

PS--- My dislike for the celtics was the same when you were losing also, so it not just the fact you have a decent team now.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#20 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:05 pm

Joe Kleazy wrote:
DorfonCeltics wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How is absurd for others to come here when you just said you have people who troll other boards being cocky taunting others. I think that is what mostly brings the trolls back here. There is nothing wrong with going nutz for your team but expect the return when you troll just as much as the ones you do the same to.

PS--- My dislike for the celtics was the same when you were losing also, so it not just the fact you have a decent team now.

I think its safe to say youre jealous :lol: :clap: :D :) :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Boston Celtics