ImageImageImage

Celtics @ Wizards Gamethread - Saturday, January 12th

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Celtics @ Wizards Gamethread - Saturday, January 12th 

Post#1 » by wetsthebed » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:05 am

EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#2 » by EvadedHavoc » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:29 am

Im worried about Butler and Haywood. If we contain them we should be all good.
3pt %
General Manager
And1: 2,701

Post#3 » by 3pt % » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:33 am

The ORIGINAL (PP) versus the player most likely to imitate (Butler).

Should be a cracker, without any bull fouls at the end.. I'm looking at you Gilbert
Captain_Caveman wrote:Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the C and the A.
P2
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by P2 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

Wow, WTB, why are you using the ancient pics again for the C's? I have sent you a lot of new ones (which you have already used), I hope you can use them again.

As for the game, Haywood is the key to their success in this game. But we must win this one.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#5 » by BillessuR6 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:13 pm

We need to control the boards and we should win this one. Wizards had a tough game yesterday with OT in ATL, so they are tired and that is another advantage for us....
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#6 » by cfan79 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Hopefully Washington is tired from their overtime game. KG luckily got plenty of rest yesterday against the Nets.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#7 » by sunshinekids99 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:31 pm

P2 wrote:Wow, WTB, why are you using the ancient pics again for the C's? I have sent you a lot of new ones (which you have already used), I hope you can use them again.

As for the game, Haywood is the key to their success in this game. But we must win this one.

WTB is doing a great job, please get off his back. He can use whatever picture he wants.

As for the game I think the C's win this one pretty easily. Although I wish Agent jackass was out there to beat him too.
Kaykoose
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,412

Post#8 » by Kaykoose » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:30 pm

P2 wrote:Wow, WTB, why are you using the ancient pics again for the C's? I have sent you a lot of new ones (which you have already used), I hope you can use them again.

Are you serious? He can do whatever he wants.

Anyway, this should be a good one. The Wizards have played well without Arenas (not surprising). Pierce vs Butler matchup should be fun.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,370

Post#9 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Who cares if the pics are old? They look great to me. And you really can't complain when we really have the best game-threads in all of RealGM. (On second thought, if we complain about the Celtics even when they are 30-4...)
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#10 » by Scalamental » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:28 pm

It speaks for itself:

EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by EvadedHavoc » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:09 pm

Scalamental wrote:It speaks for itself:

(picture)

:rofl: :clap: You Win!
rsceltic34
Sophomore

Post#12 » by rsceltic34 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:12 pm

celts @730 pats @8 the remote is getting a workout tonight :lift: :lift: .........c's by 8 close game though washington is playing good ball of late
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#13 » by dlts20 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Wiz fan here and I cant wait to Gil gets back. Alot of people have been making snappy comments about Gil so I know he wants to get back and prove everyone wrong. He was the 1st guy who said that this team is still good enough without him to be a .500 team so they should hold it down until he gets back. We started off slow this year with the 0-5 start but we start off slow every year so it wasnt a big deal. Most people say that we stared playing better when he went down but thats not true. He still played 3 more games after that 0-5 start and we destroyed all 3 of those teams.

Before last season Gil said that he would drop his scoring down and pick up assist more since we had more talent. Then the season started and he had to score because he realized that Hayes was still sorry off the injury and our bench had guys like Ruffin, Booth, and Donnel Taylor. He's getting dissed now because the media and other fans knew nothing about our team. We have much more talent now with Blatche playing, Songaila, Nick Young, Mason, and Haywood is playing like a beast without Etan. Weve never been that deep. Most dont realized that he had matured alot before his injury and alot of that was due to our talent. In his last 2 games on a obviously dead knee he average 29 points, 10 assist, and 5 boards in 2 blowouts. People also forget that we were the #1 seed in the East last year before the injuries. They make it sound like were doing better now but we were killing everyone last year before we got hurt, even the teams in the West. We definatly thought we wouldve beat the Cavs if healthy in the playoffs but we also know that as the Wiz we wont get the benefit of the doubt.

We would definatly be a high seed right now with Gil. I wasnt upset when he got hurt though because I thought it would help our Franchise alot more in the long run because the young guys would get alot of minutes and when Gil got back we would be much further along. Alot of people also forget how good you are when they havent seen you in awhile. Ive still got some of his games on tapes from when I wasnt home and he is easily one of the best players in the league with his combination of speed, power, handles, and range. As for this game you guys are clearly the better team right now and should win. I think that we should move Daniels back to the bench because I think our bench guys would be alot better playing with him instead of having no PG. Blatche played great last night and hopefully he keeps it up. Also, Pecherov will be playing in his 2nd game tonight. He was our 1st round pick last year from the Ukraine and broke his ankle in the preseason. He's our future PF with Blatche as our future Center. 2 athletic guys who have alot of skill. He can board like crazy, has good handles, and has consistent 3pt range. I hope KG doesnt kill him
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#14 » by Cyclical » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:44 pm

^
I don't think anyone in this thread was talking about Gil. Is this a pre-prepared essay? Gil is an amazing player, though he could learn a thing or two about the team game. Him sitting out will help your team in the long run.

Caron is one of my favorite players. It's great to finally see him agressive (easier to do when Gil is out). He's like a less savvy version of Paul Pierce. Probably the 3rd best SF in the east right now after PP and LeBron. Can't wait for that matchup.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#15 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:48 pm

dlts, you rarely post on the Wizards board.

I don't know why you post all that on the Celtics board. Nobody's going to be thinking about Gilbert when the game is on.

I think the Celtic fans are exceptionally savvy compared to most. I was shocked to hear them mentioning Haywood and rebounds, (but not Butler), as things to worry about vs Washington. They're spot on.

I'm worried Boston will want to make history at 31-4. I'm worried Jamison gets stopped on the boards and offensively by Garnett.

I like the Wizards chances a bunch more if Eddie Jordan utilizes the size advantage he could have with Jamison at SF and either two of Pecherov, Blatche, and Haywood. That might really work well in DC if they don't foul much. That definitely gives the Wizards the rebounding edge.

When Blatche and Pecherov do come around, dlts20 is totally right....

Them with Arenas at the end of this season (maybe even Thomas in the mix, too) will be a team nobody in the east takes lightly.

Tonight, though, I'll be shocked if the Celtics don't win going away.
Bye bye Beal.
Kaykoose
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,412

Post#16 » by Kaykoose » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:57 pm

Jamison at SF would not be smart, Pierce would destory him.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#17 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:31 pm

DatBoyWonder wrote:Jamison at SF would not be smart, Pierce would destory him.

Last night Josh Smith lit up Jamison for 35 points. Pierce would very likely get his and then some against Jamison.

As for last night at ATL the Wizards won, and Jamison had 22 points and more importantly 17 rebounds. No way on earth he gets 17 rebounds against Garnett, but he can outrebound a good-rebounding Pierce. Jamison's a better rebounder than Pierce. Rebounding well probably gives the only hope for the Wizards.

Jamison can also score way better against Pierce than Caron has in the past, and he definitely rebounds better. Thus the SF talk.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/ ... =piercpa01

DISCLAIMER: I expect the Wizards will get their arses handed to them regardless. I just think Jamison will be able to score and rebound better against Pierce than Butler can. I also think if Blatche is at PF and Haywood at C, Boston won't control the boards. Thus, Jamison at SF.

Eddie Jordan won't do that, though, and AJ will be a PF. So all this is moot.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#18 » by cfan79 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:16 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Wizards won, and Jamison had 22 points and more importantly 17 rebounds. No way on earth he gets 17 rebounds against Garnett, but he can outrebound a good-rebounding Pierce. Jamison's a better rebounder than Pierce. Rebounding well probably gives the only hope for the Wizards.

Maybe, But that's asking a lot from Blatche. KG would look like a Super God against him instead of just a God. Haywood will probably have a decent game though because of Perk's inability to offensive rebound.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#19 » by Kefa461 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:16 pm

This will be a tough game....Wiz squad is well rounded....D must be played for 48 mins....C's by 7. 8)

Ps...u know the C's want to be 31-4 best ever start. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#20 » by GWVan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:17 am

I suspect that about 8:15 things will be quiet here

I will also be directing my sports attention elsewhere, although I'll be rooting a little differently that most of this board.

Go Jags!

Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing

Return to Boston Celtics