ImageImageImage

C-Webb considering C's?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bru87tr
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#41 » by bru87tr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:46 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Perkins averaged 7.5 points the last 2 losses.

Perkins averaged 6.8 points in the other 33 games and the Celtics went 30-3.

Celtics need an offensive center sounds nice but the numbers say otherwise.

ya, those #'s are through the roof! :)

if not for KG, he wouldn't be anywhere near even those #'s. my bet is C-webb would score double that next to KG.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,122

Post#42 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:49 pm

bru87tr wrote:my bet is C-webb would score double that next to KG.

Yeah and the Celtics would lose more because C-Webb is taking shots away from PP, Ray & KG and shooting at a much lower rate. Antoine Walker #2.
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#43 » by bru87tr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:51 pm

cfan79 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thank you, At least Webber can hit easy shots and free throws. Perk's front rim hook is fugly.

he has more skills around the rim too.

perk is one dimensional. grab the rebound (a good thing and very good at it) and finish (not so good at that) he begs to be stripped or go to the line. again, perk is a great FT shooter. :)

perk is cool, I root for him all the time. but lets not make more of him than he really is.
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#44 » by bru87tr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah and the Celtics would lose more because C-Webb is taking shots away from PP, Ray & KG and shooting at a much lower rate. Antoine Walker #2.

ya, that would be allowed on a reg basis. NOT!!!
BobbySura
Bench Warmer
And1: 333

Post#45 » by BobbySura » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:37 pm

payton and cwebb for the vet min are better than any dleague scrub we could possibly get.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#46 » by darrendaye » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:41 am

ddb wrote:Pros and cons of Perk-

Pros- his teammates like him, he's tough, he plays hard and defends well, he's willing to listen and learn, knows his role, comes at a bargin price, he's young.

cons- can't shoot free throws, foul prone, raw offensively, puts the ball on the floor when he should go staight up, inconsistent, he's an average athlete, doesn't have much upside.

There's no doubt about Perk deserving a role on this team. He knows his role...he's our enforcer. Bringing in C-Webb allows you to run the same offense even when KG is out of the game. One of C-Webbs strengths is that he is phenomenal at handling the ball and distributing the ball from the post. If he isn't covered he will score on you...if you double or cover hard he will find the open man ALA KG.

For those of you who think C-Webb is washed up..you're (Please Use More Appropriate Word). He would be the perfect fit for this teams 2nd unit.

Excluding the insult, you hit the nail on the head. There's a modest, but evident, difference between needing an offensive big man and needing an offensive big man to start. As I said previously in another Perkins bash thread, the start of a game is to get your scorers in a rhythm while defending well enough that you don't feel pressure to press on offense. Same goes for starting after the layoff between halves.

In theory, Webber and Baby would seem to work well together with bulk/length/inside/outside. Heck, you may even try using KG at the 3 at times. But, I'm unshaken in my contention that Perk would still be the best starting option at his current production level, warts and all. Webber would make more sense closing games if they feel they need a twin towers type look rather than KG at the 5. Assuming Webber has more gas left in the tank.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,874

Post#47 » by Jammer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:02 am

I'm surprised that more of an issue hasn't been made of Philadelphia's anxiousness to rid themselves of C-Web.

The Sixers reportedly felt that he was a cancer in the locker room, and a bad influence on his teammates,
in part because of his reluctance to do what was asked of him.

Don Nelson gave up Penny Hardaway and 3 First Round Picks to get C-Web,
and then couldn't wait to rid himself of him.

C-Web may have a jump shot, and good passing ability, and little lateral movement left.
But it's his heart that I wonder about.

Notice that Detroit made apparently little or no effort to bring him back (TBD).

C-Web is obviously much more skilled offensively than PJ Brown,
PJ Brown is obviously a better post defender than C-Ceb.

Either would help the Celtics.

It's just in Webber's case, it could be like sleeping with a snake.

But if he commits himself to the team game, and accepting a limited, off the bench role,
subject to the needs as viewed by Doc Rivers, he would be a splendid addition to the bench.

Could potentially on some nights see as much as 20 minutes.
StephenASmith
Ballboy

Post#48 » by StephenASmith » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:29 am

C Webber > Perkins :bowdown:
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#49 » by TommyPoints » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:33 am

They just said during the Celts game that the C's have no interest in him. Take that for what its worth.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,045

Post#50 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 am

c's announcers..."talked to c's official, c's have zero interest in c-webb, 0 percent chance he comes here".
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,122

Post#51 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:44 am

CelticGamecock wrote:They just said during the Celts game that the C's have no interest in him. Take that for what its worth.

I guess Danny Ainge really does know what he is doing as GM for the Celtics. This gives me confidence.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,160

Post#52 » by chakdaddy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:42 am

I think the worst case is Webber goes to Dallas. He'd help us on the 2nd unit, but he'd hurt Detroit if they signed him by taking time from Maxiell!

Return to Boston Celtics