ImageImageImage

kg's spaz attack following the minnesota game

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Danny Ainge
Senior
And1: 0

kg's spaz attack following the minnesota game 

Post#1 » by Danny Ainge » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:09 pm

i was just wondering how everyone felt about that particular moment last night. did you think it was a good thing or a bad thing? i personally feel it was a little uncalled for.
Pitino+Ainge=17
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#2 » by bruno sundov » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:19 pm

Are you talking about the end of an emotional 1 point game against his old team? I think that you are kind of overreacting. He is an emotional dude. Imagine if l Jeff did it. Would you have cared? i wouldn't of.
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#3 » by reggielewis » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:41 pm

he was at home. if he was in minny than maybe u c can be upset but on his floor, with his emotion, playing hurt i dont think there is anything wrong with that.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,514

Post#4 » by canman1971 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:45 pm

I think this thread was uncalled for, personally. KG is a competitor. Just because it is against the last place team doesn't quell your emotions in the final seconds of a 1 point game. These guys certainly did not want to lose to a last place team, hence the emotion.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#5 » by Datruth345 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:47 pm

i thought it was awesome to see a player display that kind of emotion

it shows just how much he wants to win everytime he steps on the court
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
Man_Up
Senior
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Man_Up » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:50 pm

Loved every moment of it.
Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#7 » by ParticleMan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:57 pm

meh, it's fine with me. so long as he wasn't getting in anyone's face or trying to show anyone up. he was just excited about the win, and he had a right to be.
Brooklyn Zoo
Sophomore

Post#8 » by Brooklyn Zoo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Showing his new fans how much it means to him to get the win. Came out hurt and made a string of great plays to get the win.

Loved it.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#9 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:42 pm

ParticleMan wrote:meh, it's fine with me. so long as he wasn't getting in anyone's face or trying to show anyone up. he was just excited about the win, and he had a right to be.

ditto, neither happy nor upset taken into account he's an emotional player.
Joselo16
Veteran
And1: 16

Post#10 » by Joselo16 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:16 pm

I loved KG's emotion and its not the first home game he has done it in at. What I also like was when Perk made the last basket on the tip in he kinda got into Sebastion's face, and even Tony got into it with "Fat"woin Walker after his breakaway basket. The Wolves must have been talking smack or something during the game, also did it seem like the rookie from Florida was showing off in front of Pierce after scoring a basket as if he was schooling him or something.
You have just been Perk'd!!!
Iguodala
Analyst

Post#11 » by Iguodala » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:55 pm

When I saw Garnett spazz out at the end of the game, I thought it was deifinlty uncalled for. You beat the worst team in the league by one point, if anything he should be pissed off. A win is a win, but to go this crazy over a win and "pop" your jersey like the celtics are amazing after this win is just stupid. You guys are having a great year no doubt, but I wanted to punch garnett in the face when I saw this stupidity.
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#12 » by ARB729 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:02 pm

Iguodala wrote:When I saw Garnett spazz out at the end of the game, I thought it was deifinlty uncalled for. You beat the worst team in the league by one point, if anything he should be pissed off. A win is a win, but to go this crazy over a win and "pop" your jersey like the celtics are amazing after this win is just stupid. You guys are having a great year no doubt, but I wanted to punch garnett in the face when I saw this stupidity.

Clearly you have never played competive sports then. During the game, you don't think about how good the other team is. You focus on playing well and winning. Who cares if they're in last place? A win is a win.

As Larry Bird said "I never put on a jersey to play a game. I played to win"
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,971

Post#13 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Iguodala wrote:You beat the worst team in the league by one point, if anything he should be pissed off.

Teams in every sport celebrate close victories (especially hardly fought ones) way more than blow outs. This win was basically a last-second steal, so some display of emotions was to be expected. Also, for the rest of the league Minnesota is the worst team in the NBA; however, for the Wolves and Celtics this was a special game. Although I'm not a fan of Garnett's celebration at the end, I'm sure some of the smirks from a player like Telfair during the game (I detected 2, and I'm sure there were plenty more) fueled KG and others.
TheCelticsMan
Sophomore

Post#14 » by TheCelticsMan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:17 pm

Iguodala wrote:When I saw Garnett spazz out at the end of the game, I thought it was deifinlty uncalled for. You beat the worst team in the league by one point, if anything he should be pissed off. A win is a win, but to go this crazy over a win and "pop" your jersey like the celtics are amazing after this win is just stupid. You guys are having a great year no doubt, but I wanted to punch garnett in the face when I saw this stupidity.

dude are you kidding me? The twolves brought their absolute best and 100% of their heart for this game. 90% of teams that play the celtics get up and attempt to play their best ball when they beat us. Sure, the twolves have seven wins, but they didn't play like they did last night. They were a different team. Yes we have problems, and they need to be addressed, but they played well. Youre gonna tell me kevin garnett, the most intense player in probably the history of the nba should keep to himself after he makes a series of beautiful defensive plays down the stretch and wins us the game? I'd like to punch YOU in the face.
GREEN #17.... K PERK
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,698

Post#15 » by return2glory » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:21 pm

I agree with everything you said except for wanting to punch KG in the face.

Act like you've been there. It's not like he made a game winner. Would Lary Bird have celebrated like that?
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,034

Post#16 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:27 pm

You don't make the all NBA defensive squad by being tame. Garnett isn't just there to make a check, he loves the game and wants to win every time he is on the floor. Michael Jordan punched a teammate in practice once because he was so over competitive, sure it's not an exemplary example of class and conduct, but I'll take the competitiveness and fire any day. If it's too much, maybe you can subscribe to the knitting channel or something.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,827

Post#17 » by meatball sub » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:40 pm

return2glory wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with everything you said except for wanting to punch KG in the face.

Act like you've been there. It's not like he made a game winner. Would Lary Bird have celebrated like that?

Ok...

1. Larry Bird never had to face a team he used to play for.

2. KG wanted to beat his former team and the fact that HE was the one to seal the game with a great play led to him getting caught up in the moment.

It's the NBA. In a league littered with guys that only play for contracts and don't give two **** about whether they win or lose it's refreshing to see a guy care as much as KG does. Sure, the best team beat the worst team...but there was more to it than that, at least last night. That was KG's first game against the Twolves after playing in that city for 12 years and it's not surprising that his emotions got the best of him.

Celebrating like that against a team with 7 wins would've been uncalled for had the game not been determined at the last possible moment, but it was. Nobody would be saying anything if KG were to have hit the game winning shot, his steal was just as big as Perk's tip in IMO.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#18 » by revprodeji » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:42 pm

As a wolves fan, and a life-long KG fan I considered it incredibly disrespectful. I think almost every minnesota fan that watched the game thinks the same thing. We felt very disrespected by Kg.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,827

Post#19 » by meatball sub » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:53 pm

revprodeji wrote:As a wolves fan, and a life-long KG fan I considered it incredibly disrespectful. I think almost every minnesota fan that watched the game thinks the same thing. We felt very disrespected by Kg.

I understand where you are coming from. I'm sure this board would feel the same way if Pierce was traded and did the same thing a couple of years ago. The only thing I think you're missing is that he did it in Boston. Had he done that in the Target Center I would definitely agree with you, but that moment really came off as a "I'm a Celtic now" moment. Playing his former team, making the game saving steal, the home crowd was pumped up...throw out the records of the two teams and look at the circumstances.

I think it was a lot more of a celebratory outburst than one trying to show anybody up. Besides, you know thst KG loves the fans in Minnesota and that city and always will. If he would disrespect anybody it would be the FO, which he has already done, but I hope you know that KG wouldn't say anything to hurt the fans that have rooted him on for so long and continue to do so.

Looking forward to the next game. I couldn't help but find myself clapping quietly whenever Al or Gomes made something happen.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,698

Post#20 » by return2glory » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:59 pm

revprodeji wrote:As a wolves fan, and a life-long KG fan I considered it incredibly disrespectful. I think almost every minnesota fan that watched the game thinks the same thing. We felt very disrespected by Kg.

As a Celtic fan, I felt the same way. He was disrespectful to his old team and way too emotional. Act like you've seen there. It was a regular season game. It wasn't game 7 of a championship game.

Return to Boston Celtics