ImageImageImage

Stoudamire`s no sure thing: C`s eye Cassell

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

MoBSTa
Junior
And1: 0

Post#41 » by MoBSTa » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 am

I would rather hoped that Danny would have talked to the Clip's about Brevin Knight over Cassell. Brevin wants a ring and his style of play would fit right in to this team.

Crazy that Doc would rather have Cassell over Knight I guess. But if danny went after Cassell I would have to think someone influanced Danny to go after Cassell.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#42 » by sully00 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:24 am

Knight has personality issues and frankly isn't that good. He is a really good assist man but doesn't really do anything well offensively so he doesn't draw a defender, he can't shoot at all, and he can't play defense. He gets assists but his team loses and that is pretty much the story of his career.

I don't mind trading for Sam even though it may cost this team TA. Mostly because it gets Scal's money off the books. I think he brings some things we need but he has his issues as well. I don't like waiting to see if he gets bought out as opposed to jumping on Damon now. Basically Sam will not get bought out before the trade deadline because he is a substantial expiring contract and a useful player, so then he is a FA after the deadline, if Boston is unable to land him then they are SOL. While it is fine to speculate that he wants to play with KG and Ray it is only that he has actually talked about going other places like DEN were he could start.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#43 » by GuyClinch » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:17 pm

1. Stoudamire wants a ring, Cassell has got a couple. I am talking about motivation. Stoudamire said he really wants to play in Boston.
2. Stoudamire's role can't be diminished more, that's why he got the buyout. Cassell is the starting point guard for his team. There won't be a buyout.
3. Stoudamire's 34, Cassell is 4 years older.
4. Stoudamire is more a Rondo kind of player than Cassell, which is a good thing.
5. We can get Stoudamire now! And now is the right time to upgrade our PG situation. We can't afford to wait any longer, and who knows how long Cassell's situation

This is a pretty compelling argument - I hope Danny listens and we sign him. I would add I don't think Rondo has been that stellar of late. Damon could see major minutes with us unless Rondo picks things up..

Pete
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#44 » by The Rondo Show » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:45 pm

I'd sign Damon first. That way, if Cassell is never bought out, at least we got Stoudamire who can break the press of a Lindsey Hunter (unlike T.A. or House) without having 3 straight turnovers and can shoot the 3 pretty well, too.

If Cassell is bought out, you sign him and tell him that minutes will definitely not be an issue for him. He's clearly better than Stoudamire and you let him know that Stoudamire will be the one who sees his minutes cut drastically, and that he will be our backup and our closer at PG.

I'm sure Wyc and co. would prefer not to waste a million on Stoudamire only to see him become water boy a month later, but Wyc's clearly shown he is willing to spend to win and when they are selling out every game and an elite team...the $1M will more than be made up for.
hiphop1
Lead Assistant
And1: 32

Post#45 » by hiphop1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:20 pm

GuyClinch wrote:
1. Stoudamire wants a ring, Cassell has got a couple. I am talking about motivation. Stoudamire said he really wants to play in Boston.
2. Stoudamire's role can't be diminished more, that's why he got the buyout. Cassell is the starting point guard for his team. There won't be a buyout.
3. Stoudamire's 34, Cassell is 4 years older.
4. Stoudamire is more a Rondo kind of player than Cassell, which is a good thing.
5. We can get Stoudamire now! And now is the right time to upgrade our PG situation. We can't afford to wait any longer, and who knows how long Cassell's situation

This is a pretty compelling argument - I hope Danny listens and we sign him. I would add I don't think Rondo has been that stellar of late. Damon could see major minutes with us unless Rondo picks things up..

Pete

This guy must have been on the debate team in high school. LOL
Free your mind and your a** will follow

Return to Boston Celtics