ImageImageImage

OT Bibby traded to Atlanta

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Rocky5000 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:04 am

Al n' Perk No Layups! wrote:Now apparently Sacto is in discussions with the Nuggs on an Artest for Nene trade. That trade would be great for Sacto.

Where would Artest play in Denver? PF? SF? SG? I think that SF is his best position but they already have Carmelo, so it doesn't make much sense for them to get Artest. He's too small for PF, and if he has to play SG, than Iverson would have to be point guard. I think Iverson's teams perform better when he's playing the 2.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#42 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:21 am

Rocky5000 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Where would Artest play in Denver? PF? SF? SG? I think that SF is his best position but they already have Carmelo, so it doesn't make much sense for them to get Artest. He's too small for PF, and if he has to play SG, than Iverson would have to be point guard. I think Iverson's teams perform better when he's playing the 2.

I agree but I also said the same thing about the Iverson deal, I don't think Denver spends too much time thinking about balance.
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#43 » by reggielewis » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Gant wrote:If Lue is cut loose the Celtics will pick him up. That's (nearly) a guarantee- provided they think they can't get Cassell.

I wrote about this before- Doc and Lue love each other. They are very close from their Orlando days.

A side note: Lue is one of the guys who convinced KG to come to Boston.

most def he is one of kg's best friends so that is a no-brainer. i like lue. he is not the big pg we need but his toughness and 3 pt shooting would help. we'd have a small backcourt but hey... doc does love lue too so hey ya never know. AJ is a bigger pg which is what we need unless we intend on ahving tony guard all of the bigger pgs..
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,080

Post#44 » by UGA Hayes » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:00 pm

I think deal sounds good in theory for Atlanta, but in reality Bibby hasn't played all that well in a while, long enough so that even a year ago when we were talking about trading for him I was pointing out the lackluster season he was having. Still its hard to imagine he could be less effective than the PG Atlanta has been trotting out fdor a while.

Return to Boston Celtics