ImageImageImage

Josh Smith believes Hawks can upset Celtics

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Skar
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Skar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:14 am

People needs to sit there and think for a good ol minute...just because your team is the best right now does not mean this team will win it all.

Boston could choke in the playoffs, just like the pats did in the superbowl. Anything can happen, just wish some Boston fans can see it.
Maple Green
Starter
And1: 79

Post#42 » by Maple Green » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:27 am

Everybody deserved to say their own opinion. But for Josh Smith prediction........IT IS BIG IMPOSSIBLE considering an average of Celtics win are 14.2 AND at the time Sam was not yet on Celtics roster.
KG.Ray Allen,Sam,PP are hungry than hungier!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,057

Post#43 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:50 am

Skar wrote:People needs to sit there and think for a good ol minute...just because your team is the best right now does not mean this team will win it all.

Boston could choke in the playoffs, just like the pats did in the superbowl. Anything can happen, just wish some Boston fans can see it.

Probably hard to think differently considering they're among the East and they have possibly three future HOF'ers. Boston fans deserve to be cocky considering Atlanta is a below .500 team. If Atlanta wants any respect they need to prove the doubters wrong and actually win a game or two.
nasbahceltic
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#44 » by nasbahceltic » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:43 am

Skar wrote:People needs to sit there and think for a good ol minute...just because your team is the best right now does not mean this team will win it all.

Yea that could happen but we're talking about Boston and Atlanta right now not the entire playoffs. The better analogy would've been if the Pats choked in the first round, which they didn't. Seriously though if you guys want to keep this up without getting attacked you should probably take this back to your board and stew about how the almighty Celtics are disrespecting your beloved Hawks. Good luck on Sunday.
Retrovision
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#45 » by Retrovision » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:11 am

If the hawks win a game in Boston this is a series. If you dont think your team can win your on crack. So what's the difference between the celtic's calling for a sweep and J-Smoove calling for an upset???
francishsu
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#46 » by francishsu » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:26 am

Retrovision wrote:If the hawks win a game in Boston this is a series. If you dont think your team can win your on crack. So what's the difference between the celtic's calling for a sweep and J-Smoove calling for an upset???

That's the whole point, the Celtics aren't talking sweep. The Celtics are showing far more respect to the Hawks team than the Hawks are giving back. You've got Childress saying what a great matchup this is for them. And I can barely make sense of Mike Woodson:
Q. Do you envision any way in which you and [Hawks general manager] Billy Knight both return in the same capacity next season and lead this franchise and team, respectively?

A. (Woodson) That's hard to say. It's hard to say. I don't know. But I will say this, as soon as we win the title this year, we're going to sit down and discuss it. I promise you that.
Celtic Thug RIP @ Healthpoint
Retrovision
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by Retrovision » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:30 am

yeah nobody here understands Mike Woodson either^
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,104

Post#48 » by RickyDizzle » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:33 am

Retrovision wrote:If the hawks win a game in Boston this is a series. If you dont think your team can win your on crack. So what's the difference between the celtic's calling for a sweep and J-Smoove calling for an upset???

Haha post of the year right there... whats the difference? One is very likely to happen and one is very unlikely to happen.

Thats how predictions work, if you predict something decently likely people will roll with it without much question, if your prediction is incredibly unrealistic it raises eyebrows and will draw critisizm.

I have no problem with what Smith said personally, I agree with what other people were saying, you have to believe in your self, but to ask 'whats the difference between the C's calling for a sweep and Smith calling for an upset' is just a stupid question.

There is a reason we are a 1 seed and you are an 8... just get your brooms ready.

-Dizzy
Retrovision
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by Retrovision » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:50 am

you can throw out all the numbers. Its the same thing calling for a sweep/ upset. Its motivation, Idk if you ever played sports in your life, but my football coach told us we could go out an compete with the eventual state champion's. We all had faith before that game that we could win, but loss 42-0. You are bashing the hawks and josh smith because he believes enough in his team to say to the public that they can beat the celtics and shock the world? No, thats what stupid.
Skar
Banned User

Post#50 » by Skar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:19 am

I will laugh if Boston choke, maybe their cocky fans will shut up.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,092

Post#51 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:36 am

Skar wrote:I will laugh if Boston choke, maybe their cocky fans will shut up.

Wow, you seem to be on every thread here tonight. If you dislike Boston fans so much, why on earth do you spend time on this board
Skar
Banned User

Post#52 » by Skar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:32 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow, you seem to be on every thread here tonight. If you dislike Boston fans so much, why on earth do you spend time on this board
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:00 am

Retrovision wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If 10 points in 2/3 games is a blowout, I want what your smoking.

Any double digit win is a blowout.

you can throw out all the numbers. Its the same thing calling for a sweep/ upset. Its motivation, Idk if you ever played sports in your life, but my football coach told us we could go out an compete with the eventual state champion's. We all had faith before that game that we could win, but loss 42-0. You are bashing the hawks and josh smith because he believes enough in his team to say to the public that they can beat the celtics and shock the world? No, thats what stupid.

Emmitt? :lol:

http://walterfootball.com/emmitt.php
Bob Ortegal
Junior

Post#54 » by Bob Ortegal » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:01 am

Why are people getting angry and personally offended over this. He thinks his team can win so he is a joke and an idiot now? Calm down people
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#55 » by cfan79 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:48 am

I don't understand why this one guy keeps bringing up the Pats. They are totally different sports. The NBA has 7 game series. I don't think many if any teams can beat the C's in 4 games.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#56 » by GuyClinch » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:22 pm

I just found it funny how Boston fans act like their god in sports, Boston fans are clearly the new New York fans...annoying..But I do like the red sox's though.

Well all three of our major franchises are good to great.. So they are "gods" in sports - at least the franchises. I understand that some fans act like they PERSONALLY are superior because of this (and that's annoying) - but you got to admit its awesome to be a Boston Sports fan right now.

And despite what the pundits say the Patriots thing doesn't kill us. The Pats were still better then almost every other football team. I can live with that going forward. Gives the Pats something to shoot for this year..

Pete
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,092

Post#57 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:37 pm

Skar wrote:Every thread? Nope

I just found it funny how Boston fans act like their god in sports, Boston fans are clearly the new New York fans...annoying..But I do like the red sox's though.

Most Boston fans are basically saying what you said just a few days ago, only with a little more respect for your own team.

And before you edit your original post, I will quote you:
Hawks will most likely choke...make the playoffs or not, wouldn't make a difference because there is no way we can beat Boston in the playoffs.

So I ask you again: are you a troll? Or an idiot?
Retrovision
Pro Prospect

Post#58 » by Retrovision » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Al n' Perk No Layups! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Emmitt? :lol:

http://walterfootball.com/emmitt.php

ok LOST. Those Emmit quotes are funny!
atown hawks
Banned User

Post#59 » by atown hawks » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:30 pm

If Josh Smith wasnt saying it I WILL every Bos fan please do quote me and crticize me for this statement, but I will say this one thing then leave from your boards.

The Hawks will shock the basketball, and eliminate the heavily favored Celtics, mark my words
ImageImage
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#60 » by wigglestrue » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:34 pm

atown hawks wrote:If Josh Smith wasnt saying it I WILL every Bos fan please do quote me and crticize me for this statement, but I will say this one thing then leave from your boards.

The Hawks will shock the basketball, and eliminate the heavily favored Celtics, mark my words

Marked.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU

Return to Boston Celtics