ImageImageImage

Josh Smith believes Hawks can upset Celtics

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,705

Post#81 » by return2glory » Sat May 3, 2008 9:01 pm

nasbahceltic wrote:Josh Smith is an idiot plain and simple. Not only will they not win a game, they won't even be IN a game. Its gonna be blowout city and by saying stupid stuff like this he's only going to make it worst for this terribly over-matched team. I mean come on you were 5 games under .500 and you come out and say something crazy like this? What a nutjob!

If Josh Smith is an idiot, what does that make you??

You call Josh Smith an idiot for saying that they are going to shock the world.

You also say that they wouldn't win and game and won't even the close.

Not only did you call him a name you also did the very same thing that he did. Except they have already shocked us by going to game 7. His prediction was way more accurate than yours.

I love the Celtics as much as anyone, but your comments are typical homer statements without by thought behind him.
xcomputerman
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#82 » by xcomputerman » Sat May 3, 2008 9:21 pm

And kids, the lesson of the day is ...

Presumptive arrogance becometh the worst of fools.
http://fourpointers.com - We've got unlimited range, baby
evildallas
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#83 » by evildallas » Sat May 3, 2008 9:28 pm

LucerneStDoggz wrote:Josh Smith is now a joke in my book, following such "players" as Quentin Richardson, Deshawn Stevenson and Gilbert Areners.

I was watching ESPN NBA flashback thing to the Spurs title run in 98-99 and 22 year old Kevin Garnett said his Timberwolves would "Shock the world".

A little backup reference to it

Minnesota did win game #2 of the series before losing the series in 4. I'm glad it's worked out a little better for Josh Smith.

Boston is still a big favorite for game 7. Regardless of what happens, I think Smith escapes grouping with Quentin Richardson, Deshawn Stevenson, and Gilbert Arenas.

As for KG, you can make your own judgment on whether he was a positive, competitive 22 year old back then or just an idiot. I wouldn't group him with the likes of Quentin Richardson and Deshawn Stevenson even if it didn't pan out for him that year.
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,979

Post#84 » by GregB » Sat May 3, 2008 9:52 pm

The funniest part is all the tards from other teams coming over to call us cocky. The reality is they were the same people predicting a sweep or at most a 5 game series. Now they come over like they expected the hawks to do this. I would rather be cocky than a hypocrite.
Raptors90102
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#85 » by Raptors90102 » Sat May 3, 2008 10:53 pm

This is a tough series where the home crowd has played a HUGE part.. going by the pattern, I see the celtics taking it in game 7. But no one knows, with all my respect for the celtics' team and all, I am rooting for the underdog here.. nothing personal celtic fans.. just an opinion of a nuetral fan now that his team has died an untimely death..
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#86 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sat May 3, 2008 11:09 pm

Raptors90102 wrote:This is a tough series where the home crowd has played a HUGE part.. going by the pattern, I see the celtics taking it in game 7. But no one knows, with all my respect for the celtics' team and all, I am rooting for the underdog here.. nothing personal celtic fans.. just an opinion of a nuetral fan now that his team has died an untimely death..

No problem dude, most people root for the underdogs. It's good to see a non troll raps fan. Thanks. Good luck next year man.
RapsBulls4evr
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#87 » by RapsBulls4evr » Sat May 3, 2008 11:52 pm

GregB wrote:The funniest part is all the tards from other teams coming over to call us cocky. The reality is they were the same people predicting a sweep or at most a 5 game series. Now they come over like they expected the hawks to do this. I would rather be cocky than a hypocrite.

Nope, mostly you Boston fans were predicting a sweep as indicative in this topic, but that's not what makes this thread funny..., it's the people who insulted Josh Smith, and called him all kinds of names, now only to realize that they were calling THEMSELVES these names and not Josh Smith, lol!

There was nothing wrong with the guy saying I "believe in my team". :biggrin:
Retrovision
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#88 » by Retrovision » Sun May 4, 2008 1:24 am

Collinto wrote:I guess those quotes were more pophetic then most of us thought...

The Hawks have given themselves a punchers chance...

the truth,
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,092

Post#89 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 4, 2008 1:28 am

This thread = top-5 troll magnet on this board this season. I commend the original poster for starting it, and I give my respect to all the trolls who smelled it from whatever faraway hell they dwell in.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,515

Post#90 » by canman1971 » Sun May 4, 2008 1:48 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:This thread = top-5 troll magnet on this board this season. I commend the original poster for starting it, and I give my respect to all the trolls who smelled it from whatever faraway hell they dwell in.

I agree and I think it is time to put it to rest. RIP.

Return to Boston Celtics