ImageImageImage

What are the fans at the garden chanting to Mike Bibby?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#21 » by DorfonCeltics » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Man, Bibby doesn't quit. This is what he said after last nights game.

"The people know who I'm talking about, who I was talking about it," Bibby said post-game. "If everybody thinks they are bandwagon jumpers, then everybody in the crowd is now bandwagon jumpers. They know who they are. If they took offense to it, then they must be part of it."

Hey dumass, we took offense because it wasn't true not because it was true. KG was right, Bibby is retahded.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#22 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:36 pm

DorfonCeltics wrote:Man, Bibby doesn't quit. This is what he said after last nights game.

"The people know who I'm talking about, who I was talking about it," Bibby said post-game. "If everybody thinks they are bandwagon jumpers, then everybody in the crowd is now bandwagon jumpers. They know who they are. If they took offense to it, then they must be part of it."

Hey dumass, we took offense because it wasn't true not because it was true. KG was right, Bibby is retahded.

Wow, when will this guy learn? He's digging his own **** grave bit by bit. The real great players let their playing do the talking. Bibby, here's some advice: "SHUT UP and back it up on the court or sit down!"
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
spf211
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#23 » by spf211 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Honestly, he does have a small point (*cough* Patriots *cough*) but Boston is a winning town -- unless you're the Red Sox, you're not relevant unless you're at least .500
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#24 » by wigglestrue » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Dude. Patriots have had a large, loyal fanbase their entire existence.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
wigglestrue
RealGM

Post#25 » by wigglestrue » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:31 pm

carlos1223 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:crazy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BTW, we can see what you wrote on YouTube, troll:

carl1223 (1 hour ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply Boston fans are just bandwagoners. He was right. Where were all these "fans" last year?
Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Ive always thought Boston has had the worst fanbase, if you arent winning people dont care. I remember when the Red Sox played the Yankees in 03 everyone at my College was soo pumped then we were down 0-2 and people stopped watching then we were down 0-3 and people stopped talking about them then all of a sudden the series was 3-3 and everyone was a huge fan again and acted like they were down since day one, stuff like that always upsets me.

I guess its better than your team being good and nobody still watching though.
CanSee17
Junior

Post#27 » by CanSee17 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:58 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:Ive always thought Boston has had the worst fanbase, if you arent winning people dont care. I remember when the Red Sox played the Yankees in 03 everyone at my College was soo pumped then we were down 0-2 and people stopped watching then we were down 0-3 and people stopped talking about them then all of a sudden the series was 3-3 and everyone was a huge fan again and acted like they were down since day one, stuff like that always upsets me.

I get your overall point but just because people aren't talking about them to friends doesn't mean they aren't fans.

When the Sox went down 0-3 to the Yankees, I didn't want to talk about them and barely even watched game 4. Why? Because it made me sick to my stomach. I wanted them to win that series so **** bad that I couldn't bear to watch.

Some people handle these things differently but it doesn't mean you are less of a fan.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#28 » by TommyPoints » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:02 pm

I think you could say the same thing about fans of any team anyway and there are certainly different levels of fandom. Most of us here are pretty hardcore.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#29 » by greenbeans » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:Ive always thought Boston has had the worst fanbase, if you arent winning people dont care. I remember when the Red Sox played the Yankees in 03 everyone at my College was soo pumped then we were down 0-2 and people stopped watching then we were down 0-3 and people stopped talking about them then all of a sudden the series was 3-3 and everyone was a huge fan again and acted like they were down since day one, stuff like that always upsets me.

your college buddies arent exactly the measuring stick of boston fandom, sorry
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#30 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:42 pm

greenbeans wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

your college buddies arent exactly the measuring stick of boston fandom, sorry

Im talking about the College as a whole but ya most of my buddies were part of that whole group also
spf211
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#31 » by spf211 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:49 pm

wigglestrue wrote:Dude. Patriots have had a large, loyal fanbase their entire existence.

Which is why my Dad's company of 20 employees had a skybox at Foxborough in 1993 and probably couldn't even afford season tickets at Gilette in 2008?

I mean, come on, we all know there are fans for the Celtics or Patriots no matter what, but to compare the current Patriot fanbase to what it was before Bledsoe is somewhat disingenuous.
wigglestrue
RealGM

Post#32 » by wigglestrue » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:59 pm

spf211 wrote:Which is why my Dad's company of 20 employees had a skybox at Foxborough in 1993 and probably couldn't even afford season tickets at Gilette in 2008?

Do you realize how unrepresentative that is?

I mean, come on, we all know there are fans for the Celtics or Patriots no matter what, but to compare the current Patriot fanbase to what it was before Bledsoe is somewhat disingenuous.

Most of that hometown fanbase is the same. An increase due to bandwagoners shouldn't stain the majority who've been following the team for decades.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#33 » by 15th overall » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 am

carlos1223 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Its easy to be a good fan and sportstown when you are spoiled by good teams. You have the Patriots and the Red Sox to look foward to in addition to the Celtics. And now the Bruins. Plese...name any other sports town with as many consistent winners as you.

Not buying it. The cheapest ticket in town here is probably more expensive than the hottest ticket in Atlanta. The gap's that big.

$12 playoff tickets in Boston dont exist. Not an exaggeration.

For example a ticket to Game 3 in the ATL is actually cheaper than a friggin regular season Revs game. Proof.

...and they dont even play in Boston, they play over a half hour away from the city. The MLS just shamed you and your team.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#34 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 pm

The thing is, the hardcore longtime fans (like, for instance, ME) can't go to the games anymore because the pink-hat crowds and bandwagon jumpers and corporate douchebags buy all the seats up, and when the prices go up, they are the only ones who can afford it.

I went to TONS of Sox and Celtics games when they sucked BAD and while I never went to Foxboro stadium when the Pats were bad (my brother did, though, a lot) I was a diehard.

Now I'd just as soon watch on TV so I don't have to deal with the retards asking "how many innings are in a game?", "how much is a 3-pointer worth?", and "why did that man kick between those bars?"
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#35 » by Athanacropolis » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:18 pm

I hear you Insatiable. I live down the street from the Garden, and I used to just go the night of a game, buy some tickets from a scalper, the net, or the box office, watch them lose, and enjoy myself, on a regular basis. Now? I haven't been to a single game because I don't have the cash. Pisses me off.

Same with the Pats. My buddy and I would go to 3-4 games a year when they sucked, and we'd have a great time! I've been to ONE game since the Brady Era commenced.

And the Sox? Always impossible to get tickets, even when they sucked. Now? I pay between $60 and $150 whenever I want to go.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#36 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:41 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:The thing is, the hardcore longtime fans (like, for instance, ME) can't go to the games anymore because the pink-hat crowds and bandwagon jumpers and corporate douchebags buy all the seats up, and when the prices go up, they are the only ones who can afford it.

I went to TONS of Sox and Celtics games when they sucked BAD and while I never went to Foxboro stadium when the Pats were bad (my brother did, though, a lot) I was a diehard.

Now I'd just as soon watch on TV so I don't have to deal with the retards asking "how many innings are in a game?", "how much is a 3-pointer worth?", and "why did that man kick between those bars?"

Thats exactly why I keep saying Bibby is right, I hate the fact that he is but he just is. It goes along with winning and that sucks. I luckily am still able to get tixs to playoff games and recieved my finals tixs in the mail yesturday but it just pisses me off that the people who "made fun" of me last year for wearing a celtics shirt are the same people attending all of the games.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#37 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:47 pm

^^Yup.

And I *really* hate the pink-hats (in all the sports, not just baseball) and I know this will sound sexist, but most of them are female fans (although to be fair there are a lot of college douchebag meathead guys who go just to get hammered, act obnoxious, and say they were there). In general, , though, the girls are only there cos it's the "cool" thing to do with their boyfriend/husband, they can wear the cute pink hat or jersey, and sing along with the crowd and have fun. They don't know **** about the game and could care less. Mostly, they're there because they think someone (Ellsbury, Brady, Rondo, etc) is cute.

Seriously, the only super knowledgable woman I've ever met when it comes to sports is my wife, with my sister and mom coming in second (due to being around my dad, me, and brother for years and years).

So that's also a major turnoff. It's like the girls who go to rock concerts who think that The Police's "Every Breath You Take" or R.E.M.'s "The One I Love" are actually love songs when actually listening to the lyrics clarifies that really quickly. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
wigglestrue
RealGM

Post#38 » by wigglestrue » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:51 pm

I'll say what I always say in threads about "bandwagon fans". 99-100% of fans, no matter how diehard, descend from a bandwagon fan. 25 years from now, there'll be a diehard RealGM version of you whose mother is a current pinkhat.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#39 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:19 pm

wigglestrue wrote:I'll say what I always say in threads about "bandwagon fans". 99-100% of fans, no matter how diehard, descend from a bandwagon fan. 25 years from now, there'll be a diehard RealGM version of you whose mother is a current pinkhat.

My parents dont like basketball, I guess Im the uber fan according to this reasoning?

The thing about the pink hats is once the team starts sucking again they stop watching so your reasoning has some flaws
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#40 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:24 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

My parents dont like basketball, I guess Im the uber fan according to this reasoning?

The thing about the pink hats is once the team starts sucking again they stop watching so your reasoning has some flaws

Exactly. And for instance, I am a huge C's fan because my dad was from when he was a kid. He started getting interested in sports when he was probably 7 yrs old, in 1960 when the C's were in the midst of their first dominant period. He is from New England so they were, of course, the local team. So he's a bandwagon fan?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics