ImageImageImage

GAME 4 : Celtics @ Hawks - Monday, April 28th (2-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,594

Post#41 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:38 pm

I'm expecting a beat down tonight. Celtics 110 Hawks 83. :D
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#42 » by JoshB914 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:45 pm

cfan79 wrote:If the clocks actually work in this game the C's should dominate. If they don't because of the R-tard running it then the Hawks will get an unfair advantage. Because they only play 6-7 players.

If the C's lost last game because of a broken shot clock, then they aren't nearly as good as I thought they are.

I think we'll see a very good game tonight. With you guys making the plays in the fourth quarter.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#43 » by cfan79 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:51 pm

JoshB914 wrote:
If the C's lost last game because of a broken shot clock, then they aren't nearly as good as I thought they are.

I think we'll see a very good game tonight. With you guys making the plays in the fourth quarter.

The C's are much better then any Hawks team the last 2 decades. Our bench would have played even more in the last game if the Atlanta starters weren't recharged from such a long rest.

20+ pt blowout.
s1ickd
Veteran
And1: 247

Post#44 » by s1ickd » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Give the Hawks fans a break, they don't know what a championship team is supposed to look and play like. The Braves and Falcons dont really win many either, so you cant blame them for thinking they can win.

It's sort of like fist fighting a ten yr old. he might get one decent punch in on you, but you're going to win the fight.
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#45 » by JoshB914 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:59 pm

s1ickd wrote:Give the Hawks fans a break, they don't know what a championship team is supposed to look and play like. The Braves and Falcons dont really win many either, so you cant blame them for thinking they can win.

It's sort of like fist fighting a ten yr old. he might get one decent punch in on you, but you're going to win the fight.

I watch sports. I know what a championship team looks like. We get ESPN in Atlanta, just because our team has never done jack doesn't mean we don't know what a championship team looks like. And when have you been fighting ten year olds?

Cfan, like I said, if an extended period of rest hurts your team so badly that you proceed to get dominated by the Hawks, your team has much bigger issues.

The Celtics should beat the Hawks in a half of basketball no matter how long halftime is, they are that much better. If the shot clock shutting off made that big a difference, then clearly you don't think as highly of your team as I do.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#46 » by conleyorbust » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:11 pm

s1ickd wrote:Give the Hawks fans a break, they don't know what a championship team is supposed to look and play like. The Braves and Falcons dont really win many either, so you cant blame them for thinking they can win.

If a punch from a 10 year old can do as much damage to your collective ego as the Hawks' win over the Cs', you got a glass jaw.

The Celtics are a better team, you know, we know it, every writer at ESPN that predicted a sweep knows it. The Celtics outplayed the Hawks in games 1 and 2 but the Hawks outplayed the Celtics in game 3. The Cs gloated, danced, and talked trash in games 1 and 2 and the Hawks did in game 3. Your team has as many titles as ours. They very likely will win the series but they haven't yet.

All these predictions for a blowout after a loss make you guys seem a little too much like Pats fans. Its one thing to be confident but its another to be cocky, don't play like the Pistons and just ignore every loss. At least the Piston's players will be able to retire with a title even if they get bounced from the playoffs because they don't bring it every night any more. Boston hasn't earned that right.
lexbigdude
Freshman

Post#47 » by lexbigdude » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:25 pm

I don't think either team's fans have the right to trash talk at this point. There is no guarantee that Atlanta won't play like Saturday from here on out. The clocks were a pain, but didn't determine the outcome. Atlanta deserved the victory. Our regular season record gave us home court and nothing more. Watching some of these other series reminds me of how much like soccer the NBA is getting with complaining and flopping. At least the 2 teams are playing clean, agressive ball and not taking cheap shots like Washington. I think the Celtics will win in 5, but I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta plays well again tonight.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#48 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:46 pm

thebirdman wrote:I am tired of reading all this hawks trashtalk. They act like they are the defending champions. We need to shut them up!

Tell me about it. I am a big hockey fan. And the bruins just had a series with their rival canadiens. And the Hawks fans have already talked more trash then them!

Just cool it, and enjoy some basketball. Geez....
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#49 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:48 pm

C'mon dude, I'm a lifelong Celtics fan, for more almost 25 years, and this comment embarrasses me. Have I talked smack? Sure, but this is just the kind of arrogant jerkism that makes all of us New England fans look bad. Remember, between 1986 and 2001, all of our teams sucked, with flashes here and there. So enjoy it, sure, but don't be a dick. The Hawks fans, for the most part, have been very cool when they've been posting here with us.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by conleyorbust » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Tell me about it. I am a big hockey fan. And the bruins just had a series with their rival canadiens. And the Hawks fans have already talked more trash then them!

It was just retaliation to the Cs who talked more trash than the Pats fans did before the Super Bowl.

Go Habs.
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#51 » by JoshB914 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:48 pm

I have seen 2 Hawks posters who have come over here and talked trash. You are overreacting. The VAST majority of us just came here to talk basketball with you guys. Of course we have had some disagreements, but I don't see much trash talking from either side.
nasbahceltic
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#52 » by nasbahceltic » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:53 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Can you imagine if they were actually good? What a waste of a series lets hurry up and get it over with so we can avoid any unnecessary injuries.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:56 pm

conleyorbust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It was just retaliation to the Cs who talked more trash than the Pats fans did before the Super Bowl.

Go Habs.

Ok then. I don't go on other teams boards. So if C's fans have been talking trash on your board, and your going to retaliate, then that sucks for both of us. Let's just leave it at that and hope for another good game of Basketball.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#54 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:58 pm

JoshB914 wrote:I have seen 2 Hawks posters who have come over here and talked trash. You are overreacting. The VAST majority of us just came here to talk basketball with you guys. Of course we have had some disagreements, but I don't see much trash talking from either side.

Hey dude, I agreed with you, with the rare exception, you Hawks fans have been cool to talk to. That's why I took him to task for his arrogant statement about Atlanta.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#55 » by JoshB914 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:05 pm

Yeah my bad, didn't mean to direct my comment at you. There will always be a few crazies out there, but I have really enjoyed the discussion with C's fans both on this board and ours as well. Good luck tonight!
cfan79
RealGM

Post#56 » by cfan79 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:10 pm

JoshB914 wrote:Yeah my bad, didn't mean to direct my comment at you. There will always be a few crazies out there, but I have really enjoyed the discussion with C's fans both on this board and ours as well. Good luck tonight!

I just wanted to say sorry to all the Hawks fans. I've been a little bit of a dickhole today. I'll try to relax and breath in and out.

You've been really cool towards us. Maybe we can recruit you.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:16 pm

cfan79 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I just wanted to say sorry to all the Hawks fans. I've been a little bit of a dickhole today. I'll try to relax and breath in and out.

That would really piss Bibby off. ;)

Go Celtics!
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#58 » by Kefa461 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:21 pm

I would think the C's will get back to normal. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
cfan79
RealGM

Post#59 » by cfan79 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:That would really piss Bibby off.

Go Celtics!

I can't wait til the 5th game. Hopefully the crowd is just as merciless on him.
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#60 » by JoshB914 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:24 pm

cfan79 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hey, we are going to disagree on a lot of things in this series because of our allegiances. I would say that close to everything has been civil. No apology is neccessary, I've enjoyed reading your posts and many more from the C's fans. There is nothing wrong with a few disagreements, that's just how things go.

Return to Boston Celtics