ImageImageImage

GAME 4 : Celtics @ Hawks - Monday, April 28th (2-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#61 » by kmgarnett21 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:13 pm

was anyone ever able to make out exactly what horford was yellin to pierce?

i'm not the best lip reader, anyone?
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,529

Post#62 » by canman1971 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:24 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:was anyone ever able to make out exactly what horford was yellin to pierce?

i'm not the best lip reader, anyone?

Who cares what he said!!! Frankly, I'm a bit embarrassed by all the whining Celtic fans are doing about trivial things such as Horford trash talking (this is the NBA guys, they all do it), the shot clock (makes baskets and the clock is irrellevent), or the refs. The Celtics got beat. They may have taken that game lightly, but whatever, they lost and it really doesn't matter why or how. They know what they need to do and they will do it. So please stop all the complaining. You invite trolls and make our job much harder.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#63 » by kmgarnett21 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:26 pm

canman1971 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Who cares what he said!!! Frankly, I'm a bit embarrassed by all the whining Celtic fans are doing about trivial things such as Horford trash talking (this is the NBA guys, they all do it), the shot clock (makes baskets and the clock is irrellevent), or the refs. The Celtics got beat. They may have taken that game lightly, but whatever, they lost and it really doesn't matter why or how. They know what they need to do and they will do it. So please stop all the complaining. You invite trolls and make our job much harder.

i wasnt complaining! i was mearly asking if anyone got an idea of what horford was saying...didnt know that was a sin.

its not THAT big of a deal. i'm not makin it out to be like most others are. i was jus wonderin what exactly he said b/c i'm sure many have watched the replay 100 times.
Joyeuse
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#64 » by Joyeuse » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Can't wait for this game. Maybe it'll be more exciting for us than the last three.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics

Post#65 » by canman1971 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:30 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i wasnt complaining! i was mearly asking if anyone got an idea of what horford was saying...didnt know that was a sin.

its not THAT big of a deal. i'm not makin it out to be like most others are. i was jus wonderin what exactly he said b/c i'm sure many have watched the replay 100 times.

My comment wasn't necessarily directed at you. Just all the arguing/complaining from a few posters. I apologize if I misrepresented/misdirected my comments.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#66 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Even though I did whine a bit before as to the personnel on the ref side, I do agree that the C's played a stinker of a game. If they play their game the way they did every game previous to game 3, they'll be fine.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#67 » by DorfonCeltics » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:49 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hey dude, I agreed with you, with the rare exception, you Hawks fans have been cool to talk to. That's why I took him to task for his arrogant statement about Atlanta.

+1

I think most of the Hawks fans, JoshB in perticular have been very cool around here. S1icked needs to chill out with that crap.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#68 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:42 pm

DorfonCeltics wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

+1

I think most of the Hawks fans, JoshB in perticular have been very cool around here. S1icked needs to chill out with that crap.

Yeah JoshB has been the best one, but most have been cool.

I still think it's funny how other teams fans flood our board anytime they play the C's...do loads of C's fans do the same? I never do myself!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
djdjdj28
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#69 » by djdjdj28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:02 pm

I have a strong feeling the Pierce is going for at least 35 tonight.
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#70 » by DorfonCeltics » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:13 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah JoshB has been the best one, but most have been cool.

I still think it's funny how other teams fans flood our board anytime they play the C's...do loads of C's fans do the same? I never do myself!

I usually hop on the opponents game thread to see what their talking about. I like to get an idea of what posters from other teams have to say especially when they're playing the Celts. It's amazing what you can learn from a different point of view. That's why all this stupid back and forth bothers me. I'd actually like to hear what some of these Atlanta posters have to say about this series before some posters run them out of here. I think the Mods have done a great job at cleaning this crap up too. Keep up the good work guys!
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,996

Post#71 » by leper-con » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:30 pm

I was a little dissapointed with the C's. I thought that game three on the road would be the true start of the playoffs and had hoped the C's would go into Atlanta revved up and show us their heart, there testicular fortitude and brains. WHat transpired is neither and I am dissapointed in how easily they lost. This does not bode well for challenges against more seasoned playoff team that we will be facing.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#72 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Bravo for the last 4 pages on this gamethread. With the exception of the OP I thought I was reading a whiny Toronto thread.

In my book this is the FIRST real playoff game for the Cs. It's the first one where our team is going to have a little bit of that fear that they might lose this one if they don't play well. At least as a fan I have that fear myself. I'm optomistic that they'll respond well but if they don't.. well that goes to show that it's easier to be a team in the regular season then one in the postseason and maybe this year isn't our year.
LL Cool Scott
Starter

Post#73 » by LL Cool Scott » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:49 pm

Semi-rational Hawks fan's prediction:

Celtics come out just as fired up as the Hawks tonight and take a slim lead going in to the 4th, then you guys probably pull away in the last few minutes of the game. For your own sanity, I almost hope you all win. I've been reading some of these rants on your board today and the paranoia and insecurity are INSANE.

(Of course, once I take my seat and am into my 8th tall boy, I will be convinced beyond all shadow of a doubt that we will win by 35 and Josh Smith will have a quadruple-double...)

Good luck - if nothing else, tonight will be fun.
Retrovision
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#74 » by Retrovision » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:10 pm

SonicYouth34 wrote:I hope Zaza doesn't play a lot, looking at him makes my eyes hurt :lol:

At all. FIXED :)
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by SonicYouth34 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Retrovision wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

At all. FIXED :)

Glad I'm not the only one.

Here's to a good game :clap:
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
djdjdj28
Freshman

Post#76 » by djdjdj28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:28 pm

I'd rather see Zaza on the court than Scal.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics

Post#77 » by canman1971 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Well, Joe Johnson apparently wants to stoke the fire a bit with this gem.

As to whether he thought Boston gave up late in Saturday's game, Johnson delivered an honest answer that is certain to make the rounds in Boston's locker room. "I did," he said. "I think in the fourth quarter they really couldn't make a run on us. They'd come down and we'd get a stop and then get a score. We kept making big shot after big shot, and I thought they just finally gave up a little bit."
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#78 » by greenbeans » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:37 pm

canman1971 wrote:Well, Joe Johnson apparently wants to stoke the fire a bit with this gem.

As to whether he thought Boston gave up late in Saturday's game, Johnson delivered an honest answer that is certain to make the rounds in Boston's locker room. "I did," he said. "I think in the fourth quarter they really couldn't make a run on us. They'd come down and we'd get a stop and then get a score. We kept making big shot after big shot, and I thought they just finally gave up a little bit."
:rofl: :rofl: it aint a tug, more like a cat scratch, but its still supermans cape
trickydik
Junior

Post#79 » by trickydik » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:49 pm

hawks fan here , and from my point of view , i know the celtics are going to win the series , and this last game yea you can say that several of us was extremely pumped for our win in game 3 , so some posts may have been out of line because we didn't expect to win a game.

but on the bright side this probably helps the celtics out a lot being that they now understand that they can lose a game , i believe this will help them in round 2 and 3 , for when they lose a game.

but for right now i'll be rooting for the hawks till they lose the series but after you guys take it , i'll be pulling for you guys , i got to root for the East to take it all the way , and i really want to see a lakers / celtics matchup , i think it will be nuts.

good luck tonight guys , all i can say is i hope the hawks can keep it interesting.
Spud34
Banned User

Post#80 » by Spud34 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:13 pm

Paul is gonna have a big game tonight. :evil:

Return to Boston Celtics