ImageImageImage

GAME 4 : Celtics @ Hawks - Monday, April 28th (2-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

GreenGrizz
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#641 » by GreenGrizz » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:07 am

Johnny Damon said hello
Sultanofatl
Pro Prospect
And1: 159

Post#642 » by Sultanofatl » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:07 am

What an intense game. I think Doc should have went witth Posey and gave Big baby more run. Hats off to the Celt's they came out like King Kong tonight....the Hawks just were able to hang on.
If it counts luck is worth the same as skill
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#643 » by Banks2Pierce » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:07 am

RUN A DAMN PLAY FOR RAY WHEN HE'S HOT
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,996

Post#644 » by leper-con » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:07 am

Kefa461 wrote:Just because the C's are having a problem with Atl it says nothing about a series with Clev or anybody else.....it's about team match ups. The Refs aren't helping matters much the way it's been called and we've been sloppy.
We could still have won both games but we lost the crispness of play. We still should beat this team. 8)

it is not the refs. The c's are a passive jump shooting team. Hawks are more aggressive and the C's are affraid of the shot blockers. hey should be attcking them to force fouls.
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,080

Post#645 » by celtics543 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:08 am

I feel like I just watched a playoff game from 2002. This team has turned into a bunch of chuckers. They are living and dying by the three. They have no inside game because Garnett is taking jumpers all day long and Pierce and Ray apparently have decided not to drive anymore.

Rondo I thought played pretty well tonight, and Perk seemed to give a lift, but everyone else played like they were in it for themselves. Where's the team I watched for 82 games this year. The one that made crisp passes, didn't turn the ball over, played out of this world defense, and drove to the hoop, because it certainly wasn't the one that played the Hawks tonight.

Doc needs to wake up too, Joe Johnson was killing us in the fourth and he didn't change up anything. The one time Rondo guarded Joe, he drew the charge, but then it was right back to Ray playing some turnstile defense. Also I have no idea why House played so much during the start of the fourth, that was a critical time to really put the game away and stretch the lead, and I think that had Rondo been on the floor, that would have been done. House has barely played this whole series and had no business seeing the floor.

If the Celtics come out and start chucking threes and missing free throws wednesday, like they did tonight, then the Garden is going to boo them, and rightfully so. The free throws are inexcusable, there is no reason to miss half of your free throws. Losing in a tight game hurts that much more, when you see that they missed 9 free throws, if they could've made half of them, it would have been a win.

I understand that KG is going to shoot, and that he doesn't like to play inside, but right now this team needs someone like Al Jefferson. Someone they can dump the ball to, and that can get them easy baskets inside. Pierce needs to start slashing again and forget about all the 3's, because if he's sitting out beyond the arc, and Ray is beyond the arc, and KG is around 18 feet out, then it's going to be pretty cluttered.

I still think that the Celts will take this series, but it should not be tied at 2 games apiece right now, this is a team that was under .500, and has no bench. What's going to happen if we play Orlando or Detroit, because if we play like this then we're going to be swept.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#646 » by EvadedHavoc » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:08 am

Sultanofatl wrote:What an intense game. I think Doc should have went witth Posey and gave Big baby more run. Hats off to the Celt's they came out like King Kong tonight....the Hawks just were able to hang on.

Classy Post. Thanks.

It just sucks certain other posters cant take a lesson from you.
ramshackle75
Pro Prospect

Post#647 » by ramshackle75 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:09 am

celtics543 wrote:I understand that KG is going to shoot, and that he doesn't like to play inside, but right now this team needs someone like Al Jefferson. Someone they can dump the ball to, and that can get them easy baskets inside. Pierce needs to start slashing again and forget about all the 3's, because if he's sitting out beyond the arc, and Ray is beyond the arc, and KG is around 18 feet out, then it's going to be pretty cluttered.

Oh lord, here we go ...
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#648 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:09 am

The ONLY things I can think of that we can do diffrently is play Tony. But that's such a huge liability. Honestly do you want to give ATL 6 free fastbreak points? Because Tony is guaranteed to do that against a more atheltic and quicker player like his ATL opposition will be.

That and try to have none of the Big 3 shoot 3s.. Pierce and Ray were both on tonight but it isn't enough. We need to get to the line and we need to get ATL in foul trouble.

Those are the only two things I can think of. And both are iffy changes at best.
DMurn02
Freshman

Post#649 » by DMurn02 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:09 am

Playing Tony Allen won't help this team significantly. He sucks. He's a turnover MACHINE, and possesions are so valuable in the playoffs you can't have someone like TA running around with the ball.

When Johnson gets hot, put Pierce on him. They did that on the last possession. When JJ plays inspired and drives to the net, Ray can't stay with him..but he doesn't do that much often.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,941

Post#650 » by zeebneeb » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:09 am

I AM NOT TROLLING.

Trust me when I say this guys, I feel your damn angry, hate filled pain.

I must say that I dont feel so bad as a Piston fan now though. I honestly think that this all stems from three points;

1.)GS beating Dallas last year. Lower seeds now think that, yes, the impossible can be done.

2.)All those draft picks are starting to come to fruition.

3.)Philly was on a roll before the playoffs started, and that Bibby trade from Atlanta gave them a HUGE boost in playoff experience, and calmness.

Dont worry. We are BOTH the better teams, and we'll meet in the ECF as we should.
RayAllen#34
Sophomore

Post#651 » by RayAllen#34 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:10 am

Mr.Monday Night wrote:Just remember, the Detroit Philly series is tied 2 all as well..

good point. its do or die time, and the celtics will show up for game 5 and 6
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#652 » by Kefa461 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:11 am

I have read about 15 different things Doc could have done and maybe 10 would counter out the other one. He had a game plan that won him 60 plus games and it didn't work. It wasn't Doc. The team blow foul shots, layups, bad passes in key times and poor defense in key spots. Add refs that were **** us left and right with poor calls I think they made it a close game. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
DMurn02
Freshman

Post#653 » by DMurn02 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:12 am

If we had Jefferson instead of Garnett we would be giving up 100 a game.
Spud34
Banned User

Post#654 » by Spud34 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:12 am

I`m really upset with Pierce and Ray.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#655 » by mr_sunshine » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:13 am

Mr.Monday Night wrote:I don't know if anyone noticed but the last game of the reg season they were calling Joe Johnson on offensive fouls for using his off hand to push off defenders.. He did it like a thousand times this game! Where was it there?

Yeah I noticed him doing that a lot too. It really looked like he pushed off when crossed up Powe (I think it was Powe?) and then stepped back to hit a 3 to put ATL up 5.

Anyhow, according to the shot chart on the NBA.com recap the C's made a whole 5 shots in the paint (only 2 layups) on 5/15 shooting. I don't know how many of those were blocks by Smith, but ya. Atlanta made 14 shots in the paint on 21 shots, including 9/11 on layups. That's just horrible defense! Especially since Smith and Johnson combined for the last 34+ points for Atlanta. How could they not double team? How could they not stop that?

Also, FTs were a huge issue. We shot only 10/18 (compare to 29/33 for Atlanta), and barely covered this up by being +24 from behind the arc. Seriously though how does Atlanta end up +37 on FTs and points in the paint? That's just sad. Where's the intensity, heart, and passion?
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#656 » by Kefa461 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:13 am

ps...and on the road. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,080

Post#657 » by celtics543 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:14 am

OK, I don't want to start a Garnett vs Jefferson debate on top of the heartbreaker tonight, but what I'm saying is that we need someone who can score on the block. I never said that KG shouldn't be in the game, because he is the core of our defense, but we need someone who can score down low and bring some stability. Jump shots aren't going to win us a series.

Maybe so it wasn't mistaken you'd prefer if I said that we need someone like Elton brand or Dwight Howard. I just said Al because I know that everyone here is very familiar with his game. Obviously the defense would be terrible. My general point was that I would prefer that Garnett not be a jump shooter, and instead be a back to the basket guy.
DMurn02
Freshman

Post#658 » by DMurn02 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:14 am

Okay fellas..all we need to do is take a deep breath.

Wednesday is only two days away, we're at home..we dominate at home.

Let's get it.
Mr.Monday Night
Sophomore

Post#659 » by Mr.Monday Night » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:14 am

I think if we can win the next game, I think we will win the series in Atlanta.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#660 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:16 am

Get a freakin grip! We lost TWO games and half of the board is crying and predicting a series loss. The kicker, these are the same fans that were running around other teams boards and talking smack when we were winning. These are the same fans that were demanding we trade guys like Al for guys like KG last year, and now I find them "longing" for the days of rebuilding. These so called fans are embarressing. They don't want the Celtics to succeed, they enjoy misery. The like when the Celtics lose so they can drag the rest of us down with their curmudgeon attitudes.

Suck it up! We're 2-2, so is Detroit. We're going to win game 5 at home.

Return to Boston Celtics