ImageImageImage

nice little stat to look at for games in Atlanta (obvious)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#21 » by Rip2137 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:54 am

yes...they have. They aren't challenging shots. they just keep swiping at the ball low. then the get the team in the penalty with 7 minutes left in the quarter and the hawks are shooting freethrows on fouls off the screen, on the pass and loose ball fouls.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Dakid21KG » Sat May 3, 2008 3:57 am

Its frustrating, what happened to the playoffs being tough and physical?
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#23 » by Rip2137 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:00 am

bove310 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If the Hawks beat us at home in game 7 fair and square I will sweep the rest of my feelings under the rug and give them props, but the only game I've seen them win on their own is game 3...

Has Acie Law even taken a jumpshot in the series?

And Marvin williams hasn't gone to the line off a jumpshot. He averages 6 freethrows a game in the regular season because he is a aggresive driver to the rim.

Bibby....hhahahahahha. All two of his jumpers he has hit this series?
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#24 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 4:01 am

Rip2137 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Has Acie Law even taken a jumpshot in the series?

And Marvin williams hasn't gone to the line off a jumpshot. He averages 6 freethrows a game in the regular season because he is a aggresive driver to the rim.

Bibby....hhahahahahha. All two of his jumpers he has hit this series?

Um, by definition a jump shooter is a guy that takes jump shots. They don't necessarily have to make them. Are you for real?
maddbaron
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#25 » by maddbaron » Sat May 3, 2008 4:04 am

If the Hawks beat us at home in game 7 fair and square I will sweep the rest of my feelings under the rug and give them props, but the only game I've seen them win on their own is game 3...

what exactly is fair and square? the celts got phantom calls in game 5....without those they might have lost.

if the celts lose its b/c they came in expecting a cake walk and didnt get it...

cant blame the refs for the celts not being mentally tough to eliminate a last seed...the hornet put away the mav's like nothing...the celts shoulda put away the hawks in the same way.
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#26 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 4:10 am

maddbaron wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

what exactly is fair and square? the celts got phantom calls in game 5....without those they might have lost.

if the celts lose its b/c they came in expecting a cake walk and didnt get it...

cant blame the refs for the celts not being mentally tough to eliminate a last seed...the hornet put away the mav's like nothing...the celts shoulda put away the hawks in the same way.

If the Hawks win game 7 without shooting 20+ more free throws I'll consider that fair and square because they cannot beat the Celtics in Boston without help from the refs. I still am not seeing how the free throw differentials don't tell you all you need to know.

The Celtics lost game 3 fair and square, they got outplayed. The Hawks shot 2 more free throws and won by 9. Every time the Celtics lose I don't automatically blame the refs, I'm not a sore loser. In games 4 and 6 we had double digit leads and ended up losing by less than 5 while shooting half as many free throws.

The Celtics SHOULD still be able to beat the Hawks despite the free throw discrepancy and they no doubt had their chances. But to say that the Hawks aren't getting a big lift from the zebras is ignorance.
maddbaron
Analyst

Post#27 » by maddbaron » Sat May 3, 2008 4:13 am

If the Hawks win game 7 without shooting 20+ more free throws I'll consider that fair and square because they cannot beat the Celtics in Boston without help from the refs. I still am not seeing how the free throw differentials don't tell you all you need to know.

The Celtics lost game 3 fair and square, they got outplayed. The Hawks shot 2 more free throws and won by 9. Every time the Celtics lose I don't automatically blame the refs, I'm not a sore loser. In games 4 and 6 we had double digit leads and ended up losing by less than 5 while shooting half as many free throws.

The Celtics SHOULD still be able to beat the Hawks despite the free throw discrepancy and they no doubt had their chances. But to say that the Hawks aren't getting a big lift from the zebras is ignorance.

boston has been gettin free throws too....and it doesnt matter Big 3 vs Horford and Johnson....shouldnt be a contest...they won 66 games c'mon...boston should have blown them out and swept them...came in and ethered them then gone home...if atl got calls its b/c boston let them hang around....ya'll got a gift with kg not being suspended for the last game cant say the refs r affecting this series at all based on the fact that boston should have been blowing them to kingdom come already...if it takes the hawks not getting free throws to win something is wrong with your team...
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,791

Post#28 » by The Corey's » Sat May 3, 2008 4:17 am

If game 7 turns into game 7 against the Pacers from a few years back, quite frankly I dont know what to do.
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#29 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 4:20 am

maddbaron wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

boston has been gettin free throws too....and it doesnt matter Big 3 vs Horford and Johnson....shouldnt be a contest...they won 66 games c'mon...boston should have blown them out and swept them...came in and ethered them then gone home...if atl got calls its b/c boston let them hang around....ya'll got a gift with kg not being suspended for the last game cant say the refs r affecting this series at all based on the fact that boston should have been blowing them to kingdom come already...if it takes the hawks not getting free throws to win something is wrong with your team...

You do realize that 20 more free throw attempts is giving the Hawks a crack at an extra 20 points, right? If they had shot 10 more free throws they would have lost, 20 free throws is a ridiculous differential.
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#30 » by Rip2137 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:22 am

Um, by definition a jump shooter is a guy that takes jump shots. They don't necessarily have to make them. Are you for real?

Okay...two jumpshooters. Still doesn't change the fact that Marvin, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Josh Childress, Zaza Pachulia and Acie law all are going to the rim alot.

That is the rest of the rotation.

and NONE of the fouls are coming off of jumpshots. They are all foul at the rim, which once again just means that the hawks are taking the ball to the rim more. Garnett, Pierce and Allen are taking more jumpers per game than the entire Hawks team.
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#31 » by Rip2137 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:23 am

How exactly do you suggest your team get freethrows? The Hawks are a team of slashers. The Celtics are only taking Jumpers. Are you watching the games. Outside of Rondo and Pierce(sometimes) no one is going to the rim. At all.

The Hawks were number 7 in the NBA in FTA per game for a reason.
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#32 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 4:25 am

Ultimately, we lost the games. We still had our chances to win and we didn't capitalize so for that I give the Hawks credit. It's not all on the refs but without their undeniable favoritism towards the Hawks in ATL this series would have been over in 5.

20 more free throws and win by less than 5 on two separate occasions, that shouldn't happen at all, let alone twice in the same series...
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#33 » by Rip2137 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:26 am

And you are completely ignoring that you can add close to 8 more freethrow attempts in close losses because teams are trying to stop the clock and intentional fouling.
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#34 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 4:27 am

Rip2137 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Okay...two jumpshooters. Still doesn't change the fact that Marvin, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Josh Childress, Zaza Pachulia and Acie law all are going to the rim alot.

That is the rest of the rotation.

and NONE of the fouls are coming off of jumpshots. They are all foul at the rim, which once again just means that the hawks are taking the ball to the rim more. Garnett, Pierce and Allen are taking more jumpers per game than the entire Hawks team.

I was only pointing out that they had more than one jump shooter. I didn't say we've fouled a bunch of jump shooters. We have gone to the paint and not gotten calls and the Hawk have. We're the best defensive team in the league and all of the sudden are getting ticky tack fouls during the time of year when ticky tack fouls aren't normally called.
Skar
Banned User

Post#35 » by Skar » Sat May 3, 2008 4:28 am

I found it funny how people just assume the hawks "cheating" and having some ref on their side, all this bunch of BS.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by Dakid21KG » Sat May 3, 2008 4:29 am

Its really the fact that you guys got 43 free throws in a playoff game, a playoff game. And honestly you can say when the hawks are at home, the officials seem to put away that whistle when we got the ball.
maddbaron
Analyst

Post#37 » by maddbaron » Sat May 3, 2008 4:29 am

You do realize that 20 more free throw attempts is giving the Hawks a crack at an extra 20 points, right? If they had shot 10 more free throws they would have lost, 20 free throws is a ridiculous differential.

again doesnt matter. u have the 3 best players in the conference on your team....free throws shouldnt decide the series with the 3 best players on your team....kg's a former mvp isnt he? why not carry the team?

Hawks....they got extra free throws tonite and only won by 3 against the big 3....
thats simply unacceptable...
meatball sub
RealGM

Post#38 » by meatball sub » Sat May 3, 2008 4:30 am

Rip2137 wrote:And you are completely ignoring that you can add close to 8 more freethrow attempts in close losses because teams are trying to stop the clock and intentional fouling.

We intentionally fouled once tonight and maybe 2-3 times in game 4. That's another weak argument you just presented.
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer

Post#39 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Sat May 3, 2008 4:33 am

don't even ACT like the NBA wants the hawks to beat the celtics. The nba wants a celtics-lakers finals. the hawks are just getting to the line
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#40 » by Rip2137 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:34 am

Dakid21KG wrote:Its really the fact that you guys got 43 free throws in a playoff game, a playoff game. And honestly you can say when the hawks are at home, the officials seem to put away that whistle when we got the ball.

What play did you guys go near the rim in the 4th quarter? You took a bunch of jumpers over and over. Look at the play by play or shot chart. What do you want?

Go to the rim and try to get freethrows but don't just expect them when you are jacking up shots.

Return to Boston Celtics