ImageImageImage

Round 2 Game 5 : Celtics vs Cavs - Wednesday, May 14th (2-2)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Joebiscuit
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#21 » by Joebiscuit » Tue May 13, 2008 4:10 pm

canman1971 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What the hell does that mean?

Typo.

Celtics are closer to losing at home than winning on the road.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Tricky Ricky » Tue May 13, 2008 4:41 pm

Joebiscuit wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Typo.

Celtics are closer to losing at home than winning on the road.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
P2
Banned User

Post#23 » by P2 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:02 pm

It really takes only one good effort from LeBron to sink us.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#24 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 13, 2008 6:03 pm

P2 wrote:It really takes only one good effort from LeBron to sink us.

It also takes only one good effort from Pierce and Ray to sink them...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#25 » by greenbeans » Tue May 13, 2008 7:23 pm

Cassell should get booed like Bibby did imo.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#26 » by greenbeans » Tue May 13, 2008 10:32 pm

i know its a different sport, but it worked out for the Sox last year.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#27 » by cfan79 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:33 pm

Joebiscuit wrote:
Hopefully nothing. It is beyond ridiculous to change the starting line up now. It just shows panic and desperation. At this point you win or lose with the guys that got you here.

It is not just Allen either. KG was scorless in the 4th. PP has not played well in the play-offs overall.

Its not desperation its good coaching. There is a mismatch and Cleveland has exploited it. Start Posey.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Tue May 13, 2008 11:26 pm

P2 wrote:It really takes only one good effort from LeBron to sink us.

Just like it'll take one win before you crawl back on the bandwagon and run over to the Cavs board to embarress yourself, again.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#29 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:48 am

will be a close one & i think we will drop it unfortunately. jus have that feeling. its sad to think our season could be coming to an end.

lets hope that pierce & allen show up, boy, how many times have we said THAT durin the playoffs??

come on guys, show some Celtic pride!!!!!
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#30 » by Banks2Pierce » Wed May 14, 2008 3:14 am

We have had 5 blowouts in 6 games at home. We have been blown out once in 5 road games.

How are we closer to losing at home than winning on the road?
DynastyInTheMaking
Rookie

Post#31 » by DynastyInTheMaking » Wed May 14, 2008 4:59 am

The Hornets defeating the Spurs rather soundly in the same situation in a game 5 makes me feel slightly better about this. Home court is everything in the 08 playoffs.

Sounds like a joke but it is true, we can win a championship without winning a road game.

Gamer 5 is ours!
I despise fans that cheer on a team from up north or one that resembles a dinosaur. oh wait...
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,381

Post#32 » by tlee324 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:18 am

Hopefully, the Celtics will get back to the style of play that has gotten them the top seed. This lack of ball movement on offense and lack of communication and effort defensively is sickening. This rotation is mind-boggling. What happened to the team effort and contribution we were seeing all season? Why did things change so much? I hope the Celtics go back to what has been working.... because it will be a short series here on through if they don't.
billfromBoston
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by billfromBoston » Wed May 14, 2008 7:29 am

Banks2Pierce wrote:We have had 5 blowouts in 6 games at home. We have been blown out once in 5 road games.

...exactly...

Look, I'm pissed about how difficult its been for the C's to play good ball on the road, but it ends at that...this team has been DOMINANT at home and only 1 TEAM in the playoffs has won a second round road game-Detroit...

I don't think Cleveland has the offensive firepower to match the C's when they're playing their best...and that's what Boston has done at home...

Only the first game of the series was a close home game for the C's...they promptly blew Cleveland out the next game...

I think Boston pulls away in the 2nd half of game 5 and wins much like New Orleans won tonight....

When Boston is playing there game, which they do at home, Cleveland is not good enough win....LeBron is capable of willing his team to victory, but Boston's strategy of limiting his offensive impact is not going to dissipate after 4 games...they are stacking the defense against him and if that doesn't change he's not a good enough shooter to score efficiently...

The key has been the role players....in Boston they haven't played well and at home they have-that's pretty standard role player behavior...

I think Boston takes game 5...after they showed me their meddle in game 5 and 7 of the first round I don't question their ability to rise to the moment...they'll play their best game and it will win it for them...

The last road game was the best one they've played...the defense showed up and they were in a single posession game until the 3 minute mark...the offense wasn't there in game 4, but they learned how to carry the defense over on the road-i'll take that progress...

People are bailing on this team, like they've been exposed...that is a joke to me...my feeling is that the only thing that got exposed was the team's lack of experience TOGETHER as a unit...there is no precedent for a team like Boston has assembled...teams that put together 7 new rotation players and 2 of their top 3 scorers just don't go on to win titles their first year together-it doesn't happen...

We're watching a team that is somewhat of a first of its kind...if they lose this round or next, it isn't the end of them by a long shot...for all the talk of age, GPA is only 31, 32, 33 respectively next year...they aren't cooked, they've got some years left...and the supporting cast will be improved,and they will GROW from the experience...

The regular season set expectations beyond the realm of probability...they are now a victim of their own success, which is sad...this team will be much better offensively next year with another TC under their belt, time spent in the offseason together, and roster additions...

...but even this year..they've played just as many awe-inspiring playoff games at home as they have poor games on the road...the offense hasn't been near the level it was during the regular season, but that is a product of familiarity in the face of increased defensive pressure as much as it is anything else...

Go into the archives and look at first time playoff clubs and how their numbers differed regular season to post season...you'll see similarities...hell, look at the Hornets this year....they made quick work of the Mavs, but they are playing the Western Champs much like Boston is playing the eastern champs...

its a process folks...and its not complete....this team isn't done yet THIS season, and it still has a shelf life to work on it...

For a team that's been out of the hunt for almost 20 years, there sure is a lot of venom being spit in its direction when it just gave us hope for the present and future.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#34 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed May 14, 2008 12:54 pm

Banks2Pierce wrote:We have had 5 blowouts in 6 games at home. We have been blown out once in 5 road games.

QFT

end of discussion!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#35 » by Kefa461 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:54 pm

Big D Baby, Big C's By 10...... 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
P2
Banned User

Post#36 » by P2 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:25 pm

If we should somehow win this game, it would be wise to skip the Game 6 GT and immediately put up Game 7 instead.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#37 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed May 14, 2008 1:40 pm

P2 wrote:If we should somehow win this game, it would be wise to skip the Game 6 GT and immediately put up Game 7 instead.

For superstition's sake?
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
kgcelts5
Ballboy

Post#38 » by kgcelts5 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Its great to be having huge playoffs games again, the garden better be rocking, the series comes down to tonights game, no doubt about it
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#39 » by Athanacropolis » Wed May 14, 2008 2:54 pm

kgcelts5 wrote:Its great to be having huge playoffs games again, the garden better be rocking, the series comes down to tonights game, no doubt about it

YUP! :clap: :clap: Band practice is early today, so I'll be watching this sucker from start to finish, whether my girlfriend can stand it or not! :D
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#40 » by Athanacropolis » Wed May 14, 2008 2:54 pm

PS Welcome to the board kgcelts5--just saw that you're new!

Return to Boston Celtics