ImageImageImage

Ray Allen Rules!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,705

Post#21 » by return2glory » Wed May 21, 2008 6:03 pm

Dogen wrote:I gotta rock the Ray avatar!

I started rocking the Ray avatar 2 days ago. I hope it brings him better luck. I've been hard on the guy for the obvious reasons, but I hope he gets it going.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#22 » by return2glory » Wed May 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Ray opened with a jumper. He knows better than that. After he missed, the started driving to the basket and made some lay ups.

For game 2, I hope he does the opposite. He needs to start off driving to the basket and try to score from closer in. Once he converts on some easier baskets, then he can shoot it from about 15-20 feet. If those outside shots go in, only then should he shot from 3 point territory. If the 15-20 footers don't go in eiher, then he needs to drive to the basket again for sit next to Doc.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#23 » by The Rondo Show » Wed May 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Ray is still playing poorly and needs to step up, but last night was encouraging in that at least he looked athletic again. He threw down a big dunk on the break and he got to the hoop by going by Hamilton on several occasions (and made a few nice passes while doing so) where as he had a ton of trouble getting by Wally/Pavlovic/etc. last series.

His shot just looks brutal right now and is showing no signs of coming back at the moment, though. Air balled a wide open 3, barely hit rim on a wide open jumper just behind the foul line and didn't hit a single outside shot all night.

Luckily KG and Pierce have picked him up for now with a few big games each, but he really needs to find his shot and start producing again. We may not have enough offense to win a title if Ray Allen doesn't find his game and is an 8-10 point per game, inefficient scorer for the rest of these playoffs.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#24 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Wed May 21, 2008 6:18 pm

He's missing EVERYTHING. Which leads me to believe that all he needs is to hit one long jumper to snap him out of the streak.

It's like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. He's under a spell and needs to be hit with fire to wake up.

One freaking shot! He makes them in practice. He makes them after the whistle blows. It's in his head. But all he needs is one to go down.

When you can't make a shot, you can go one of either two ways: hang your head, or try to contribute in other areas. Fortunately he's done the latter. But for us to win in Detroit, he needs to make some shots.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#25 » by return2glory » Wed May 21, 2008 6:21 pm

[quote=" The Rondo Show wrote:
His shot just looks brutal right now and is showing no signs of coming back at the moment, though. Air balled a wide open 3, barely hit rim on a wide open jumper just behind the foul line and didn't hit a single outside shot all night.[/quote]

------------------------------------------------------------------

I think at this point, it's all about confidence for Ray Allen. His shooting should come around, but it has to start by getting closer looks. Once he can make a few closer shots, the confidence will grow.

It was reported in the Boston Herald that before game 1, he was going one on one in pratice with Cassell and Ray hit almost all his shots. Then after the one on one session, he went shooting by himself and also made nearly every shot. At this point it's just a mental issue because he can't make a long distance shot in a game.
Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Rocky5000 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:41 pm

I don't know about the one shot thing. He made a very smooth looking 3 immediately after a foul call and the crowd cheered, but he still never got going.

Since the shot didn't count is the effect of making just 1 shot negated? Or is Ray's problem more complicated than that?
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#27 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed May 21, 2008 6:47 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:I don't know about the one shot thing. He made a very smooth looking 3 immediately after a foul call and the crowd cheered, but he still never got going.

Since the shot didn't count is the effect of making just 1 shot negated? Or is Ray's problem more complicated than that?

I noticed that one, too.

I think it's all mental and he'll snap out of it!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics