ImageImageImage

OT: NBA Lottery.....tonight

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,160

Post#41 » by chakdaddy » Wed May 21, 2008 3:33 am

I was going to post about how I thought Miami would win, and about how I think they rig it by not mixing up the numbers. Apparently last year we were all 1's and 2's, it seems simple enough for them to rig the 1 and 2 balls somehow so they don't come up.

I really was rooting for Minnesota - but certain teams NEVER do well in the lottery. Those teams include Minnesota, Boston, and Memphis. Other teams CONSTANTLY seem to win: San Antonio, Chicago, Orlando, New Jersey. You can just see what teams are the favorites. I didn't think they'd have the guts to give it to Chicago, but Chicago is ALWAYS one of the favorite teams, all the bandwagon Jordan fans are still "inoculated" and ready to jump back on.

Really this is the worst possible outcome for us - two very talented teams that really should be playoff teams already get the top 2 picks. But we've got much more important things to worry about.
tanat-0s
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#42 » by tanat-0s » Wed May 21, 2008 4:22 am

LOL at New York Knicks
From Ray-Ray to KG to 2P
We're in The Finals, bay-bee!
BrokenLeftyJumper
Pro Prospect

Post#43 » by BrokenLeftyJumper » Wed May 21, 2008 4:23 am

LUCKY???

Haven't you been reading this thread?

Yea...and you haven't given one good reason why the league would rig the lottery so that teams such as Milwaukee, Toronto, and Portland wind up with the number one pick. I might believe a conspiracy if every year it was the large market teams winning, but it seems that on the contrary, every year its just some random squad winning. NY won the lottery once, and now everyone is convinced there is some scheme to rig the lottery. Its gonna be funny when NY finally does win the lottery some year and all you conspiracy theorists can come out the woodwork and talk about how you knew the league was rigged and how you've been saying this all along, despite the fact NY hasn't won the lottery (or even moved up to a top 3 pick I believe) in over 20 years.

Also I don't understand how the league rigs the lottery and all these owners that are getting screwed over are just willfully ignorant of the whole thing. Like joe schmoe message board poster can see the lottery is rigged, but the owners of actual teams who have large sums of money invested in this lottery system freely let their teams get screwed over while the league decides who gets the picks? That doesn't make any sense. Why would the owners let Stern rig the lottery? Each NBA owner is out for their own cash, not for some other squad.
DynastyInTheMaking
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#44 » by DynastyInTheMaking » Wed May 21, 2008 4:51 am

If you ask me the top 3 seems set, I figured this as soon as it was announced.

1.) Chicago- They take the hometown kid in Rose and can look to package some combination of players starting with Hinrich away for one stud player. Perhaps Carmelo Anthony?

2) Miami- David Stern's Golden Boy gets a stud running mate in Beasley. Whether or not Marion sticks around beyond this year is to be determined but I'd look for Haslem to be on the move so that Beasley starts from day one (Acquiring a PG for him would be ideal - Haslem for Kyle Lowry and Jason Collins works). Wade/Marion/Beasley should be a vary prominent trio for a year if DWade is healthy.

3) Minnesota- While it may seem like Minnesota was the loser when ESPN came back from commercial, that may not be the case at all. Big Al is a PF now they can lineup a legit 7'0 center next to him in Brook Lopez...Foye/McCants/Brewer/Jefferson/Lopez - thats a team that can grow into a championship contender.

Seattle will have a decision to make of either Bayless or Mayo and with the amount of guards on Memphis I could see them taking DeAndre Jordan or Gallinari if they see his 'back to the basket' play translating into being a NBA PF. That would likely leave Mayo or Bayless for the Knicks, or perhaps D'Antoni takes someone he has a connection to in Gallinari.

This draft should only make the NBA more competitive.
I despise fans that cheer on a team from up north or one that resembles a dinosaur. oh wait...
heyjohnny
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#45 » by heyjohnny » Wed May 21, 2008 5:08 am

DynastyInTheMaking wrote:If you ask me the top 3 seems set, I figured this as soon as it was announced.

3) Minnesota- While it may seem like Minnesota was the loser when ESPN came back from commercial, that may not be the case at all. Big Al is a PF now they can lineup a legit 7'0 center next to him in Brook Lopez...Foye/McCants/Brewer/Jefferson/Lopez - thats a team that can grow into a championship contender.

This draft should only make the NBA more competitive.

I think you need to take out Brewer and add Gomes. But, yes they will be competitive eventually.
cisco
Veteran
And1: 48

Post#46 » by cisco » Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 pm

heyjohnny wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think you need to take out Brewer and add Gomes. But, yes they will be competitive eventually.

I would keep Brewer over Gomes if I was Minny. They need defense on that team and Brewer is their best defender, imo. Gomes doesn't play good defense.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#47 » by Tricky Ricky » Wed May 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Same, not because of all the celtic connections, but I really felt bad for Hoiberg when he saw that he was not getting a top 2 pick.

Lol was that Hoiberg with the bear?
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#48 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed May 21, 2008 1:18 pm

tanat-0s wrote:LOL at New York Knicks

:nod:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
DynastyInTheMaking
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#49 » by DynastyInTheMaking » Wed May 21, 2008 5:01 pm

heyjohnny wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Gomes is a restricted FA and should get a decent offer on the open market, more than someone in the exact same position - Craig Smith. I doubt Minny would match.

On top of that, keep your own personal feelings or Gomes aside, does anyone actually see him being more than a 6th man for a winning team? Sure Haslem was a starting PF on a championship team but I dont think Gomes would be. He's a valuable "piece" much like Delonte proved to be when on a winning team.
I despise fans that cheer on a team from up north or one that resembles a dinosaur. oh wait...
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#50 » by ermocrate » Wed May 21, 2008 5:03 pm

That damn NBA liks the Bulls!!!

Duhon anyone? :lol:
"Negativity in this town sucks"

Return to Boston Celtics