ImageImageImage

Were Probably Done, But Lets All 100% Real...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#61 » by Prophet_C » Fri May 23, 2008 12:26 pm

OP should be banned.

"But guys I bleed green."

GTFO!
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#62 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri May 23, 2008 12:56 pm

sprash9802 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No... you are right... its tied... but you missed the part where we are 0-6 on the road. Had they won ONE road game, I am sure most of us wouldn't be so queasy.

Oh. Then I surely must have missed the part where we have AT LEAST 2 CHANCES in the next few days to win one on the road.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#63 » by darrendaye » Fri May 23, 2008 1:06 pm

Always wonderful to witness the tollerence some folks have on this board at times. I'm not packing in the tent, but can certainly understand how one could with the recent trend this team has shown during the postseason.

Mob mentality at its finest. Personally when it comes up for a vote, I'll support your fan recertification.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#64 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri May 23, 2008 1:16 pm

darrendaye wrote:Always wonderful to witness the tollerence some folks have on this board at times. I'm not packing in the tent, but can certainly understand how one could with the recent trend this team has shown during the postseason.

Mob mentality at its finest. Personally when it comes up for a vote, I'll support your fan recertification.

This is exactly what I'd expect from someone who is always so **** negative. We have to tolerate all of y'alls INCESSANT CONSTANT negativity, but if the positive/realistic people on here disagree, *WE* are the ones being intolerant. :crazy:

I wonder why y'all like to predict the worst...is it so you can get some satisfaction when it happens? So if we get knocked out of the playoffs, you can shout "YIPEEE! I was right, we were going to lose, LOOK AT ME, YAY!!!"

RealGM...where real Celtics "fans" happen... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by darrendaye » Fri May 23, 2008 1:26 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is exactly what I'd expect from someone who is always so **** negative. We have to tolerate all of y'alls INCESSANT CONSTANT negativity, but if the positive/realistic people on here disagree, *WE* are the ones being intolerant. :crazy:

I wonder why y'all like to predict the worst...is it so you can get some satisfaction when it happens? So if we get knocked out of the playoffs, you can shout "YIPEEE! I was right, we were going to lose, LOOK AT ME, YAY!!!"

RealGM...where real Celtics "fans" happen... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Firstly, you couldn't be more wrong on your prognosis of my temperment. But then again, I suppose you may not be capable of accepting that there are various shades of gray between blissful optimism and manic pessimism.

But I'm a grown man and if you want to paste a label on me, I'm not going to great lengths to prove you wrong. I'll just say that I enjoy debating and learning, so, I tend to post more positive sentiments when the tone is negative and vice versa. What I appreciate are rational thoughts being expressed on either side of the coin.

EDIT: And if you plan on revoking my fan membership, just know that I have tenure over 20 years and we have a pretty strong union.

Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#66 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri May 23, 2008 1:30 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh. Then I surely must have missed the part where we have AT LEAST 2 CHANCES in the next few days to win one on the road.

Exactly, were 0-0 on the road against DET in the postseason
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#67 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri May 23, 2008 1:33 pm

^^Dude, I'm not trying to start anything, and you're right, you haven't been one of the consistently negative people on here (like, say, spf or JoeBiscuit, to name two). I just get so tired of seeing people always calling gloom and doom on here. Truce!

(BTW, I've been a fan longer than you! :P )
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Matt34520
Junior

Post#68 » by Matt34520 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:57 pm

WOW!!

First all, I've been one of the positive people on here from day one. Remember when I made the Positive Celtics thread?

Second, I'm not the only person on here to ever make a negative thread after a game.

This thread turned into lets attack the lets attack the threadstarter. How about the guy that said, I'm not a real Celtics. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: ME? You have know idea.............Unreal, I can't believe this.
Ray still got game.
Matt34520
Junior

Post#69 » by Matt34520 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:00 pm

Prophet_C wrote:OP should be banned.

"But guys I bleed green."

GTFO!

Unreal, I can't believe this. You just completley flush someone down the toliet over one thread. wow....This was my favorite place to come.... :nonono:
Ray still got game.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#70 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri May 23, 2008 2:05 pm

Matt34520 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Unreal, I can't believe this. You just completley flush someone down the toliet over one thread. wow....This was my favorite place to come.... :nonono:

Sort of like someone flushing a team down the toilet in one thread.
intheknow
Senior

Post#71 » by intheknow » Fri May 23, 2008 2:09 pm

I would never count the Celtics out. But what I hope we DON'T see is the older guys wearing down in this series. That's what happens when we don't dominate early on in the playoffs like we should have. Ray and Pierce aren't exactly spring chickens anymore. They can't play all the minutes. Doc needs to find a better rotation! That's the Celtics key in a nutshell!
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by darrendaye » Fri May 23, 2008 2:10 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:^^Dude, I'm not trying to start anything, and you're right, you haven't been one of the consistently negative people on here (like, say, spf or JoeBiscuit, to name two). I just get so tired of seeing people always calling gloom and doom on here. Truce!

(BTW, I've been a fan longer than you! :P )

Fair enough, I understand where you're at. I do agree with your assessment of the tone. I find it difficult wading through the reactionary threads. But, when I find a thread which, while negative, at least has some degree of balance, it does bug me that it gets met with the same type of "call for his head" outcry that the "Perk is a stiff" type threads receive.

Anyway, I appreciate your not reacting to my "fists up" type of response in the last post. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs, which hopefully will be a longer run than this series.

Joebiscuit
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Were Probably Done, But Lets All 100% Real... 

Post#73 » by Joebiscuit » Fri May 23, 2008 2:12 pm

Matt34520 wrote:The big 3 played great tonight. Ray finally was Ray again. Garnett was great as usual and so was Paul Pierce. Were also at home. But we lost. Detroit pulled out all the stops and just flat out won the game. I think were probably done, unless we get real lucky.

With that said, lets all be honest, this has been a great year. I know none of us wanted it to end like this, but remember two things...

1.) Its only a game.
2.) None of us can control what happens in the game.

Detroit just proved to be better. But like I said the best year I've watched as a Celtics fan. The Celtics had nothing big for years, this year was big and very exciting...Danny Ainge braught big time basketball back to Boston. And it very well could have led to a title if a couple plays had went different. But thats life.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. We have to understand that that Detroit has been playing together for years and they are simply to good to lose to a team like the celtics who have only been playing together for under a year.

Overall Detroit has a better team. At any given time they have 5 people that can score on the floor The celtics on the other hand are playing 5-3 most of the time because Perk and Rondo are not scoring threats.

Great year oveall and I am hoping they take it one step further next year!
Matt34520
Junior

Post#74 » by Matt34520 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sort of like someone flushing a team down the toilet in one thread.

I never flushed the team down. I'm still watching all the games that happen from this point out. And I'm still watching every season until I die someday. All I was saying was I don't like our chances....AND THIS THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN NEGATIVE SINCE COMING HERE. I'm usually the one who hates negativity and is trying to say the positives. People make bad threads ocassionally. P2 has made threads saying hes completley done with the team. But we still P2 don't we? I do, people make mistakes.
Ray still got game.
Prophet_C
Starter

Post#75 » by Prophet_C » Fri May 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Matt34520 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I never flushed the team down. I'm still watching all the games that happen from this point out. And I'm still watching every season until I die someday. All I was saying was I don't like our chances....AND THIS THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN NEGATIVE SINCE COMING HERE. I'm usually the one who hates negativity and is trying to say the positives. People make bad threads ocassionally. P2 has made threads saying hes completley done with the team. But we still P2 don't we? I do, people make mistakes.

That's how P2 rolls and I think everybody realizes that now. The series is 1-1 and you post saying it's probably over. I understand that you regret the thread but I'm getting sick of people throwing in the towel. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SERIES IS TIED and you're not the first one to do it. Sorry that I'm harsh but these posts irk me.

Yes their are concerns. I came into the series not knowing what would happen and realize that either team has a great chance at winning. I am nervous but surrendering?

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 661

Post#76 » by DelMonte West » Fri May 23, 2008 2:23 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:Well, when the two posters of this thread most confident about the Celtics' chances are fans of the other team, you realize that the negativity on this board sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks.

And it stinks and it sucks and it stinks and it sucks and....(sounds like a broken record)

As bad as the Rictator was while he was here, I can never get enough of that quote.

Just tighten up the bootstraps and see what comes during Game 3. I admit it's annoying listening to ESPN hammering the same points home about our road record ad nauseum, which may have added to your frustration. Judging by the way their analysts act you'd think it was a miracle we made it this far.

I sure hope Ainge can work his magic in this draft and come up with a Stuckey-esque prospect. For those that have seen Pruitt play since college, do you forsee him being a rotation player along those lines in year two?
Matt34520
Junior

Post#77 » by Matt34520 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Prophet_C wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's how P2 rolls and I think everybody realizes that now. The series is 1-1 and you post saying it's probably over. I understand that you regret the thread but I'm getting sick of people throwing in the towel. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SERIES IS TIED and you're not the first one to do it. Sorry that I'm harsh but these posts irk me.

Yes their are concerns. I came into the series not knowing what would happen and realize that either team has a great chance at winning. I am nervous but surrendering?

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not surredering either. Sorry about the stupid thread, just lost my mind last night. I will live up to the bets though... :P
Ray still got game.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#78 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri May 23, 2008 2:46 pm

How are we probably done though with the series is 1-1? Im guessing its just the timing of when u posted this that made u say things the way u did.
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
Matt34520
Junior

Post#79 » by Matt34520 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:How are we probably done though with the series is 1-1? Im guessing its just the timing of when u posted this that made u say things the way u did.

after the game i just lost it and overeacted. Sometimes after loses I tend to get little koo koo :crazy: Next time I need to relax...
Ray still got game.
Prophet_C
Starter

Post#80 » by Prophet_C » Fri May 23, 2008 2:55 pm

I'll give you props for owning up about being reactionary.

Return to Boston Celtics