ImageImageImage

ECF Game 3 : Celtics @ Pistons - Saturday, May 24th (1-1)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,116

Post#421 » by MaxwellSmart » Sun May 25, 2008 3:34 am

KG got the ball stolen from him TWICE late in the game---to help Detroit back in it.....He's gotta be better at NOT letting small guys slap the ball away---he's friggin 6-11....c'mon man.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#422 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sun May 25, 2008 3:34 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well, he promised not to post until November if the Celtics got a road win, but we all know he'll be back with a vengeance in no time.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he already broke a promise like that before. Isn't there any TOS rule you can use to dish out a warning if he breaks it this time?
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#423 » by Dogen » Sun May 25, 2008 3:38 am

Al n' Perk No Layups! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No it should go to Perk. He was amazing tonight. His effort was off the charts, he was the only one to give 100% the entire game. He rebounded like a monster and when he wasn't getting the boards he was boxing out. He was almost perfect from the field. His defense was absolutely phenominal, we couldn't have won the game without Perk tonight.

You make a good case. KG will probably get it when the votes are tallied, but Perk really does deserve recognition. Well, he can watch the video of this game, see his phenomenal spin move on Sheed, and listen to van Gundy and Jackson gush about how good he is!
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,116

Post#424 » by MaxwellSmart » Sun May 25, 2008 3:38 am

NOW is the time to win like 4 in a row on the road---Nobody would expect that....Have the same attitude as they had on the Texas trip---do it!
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#425 » by Dogen » Sun May 25, 2008 3:40 am

Two games from the finals. Two games from the finals. Two games from the finals....

Repeat as necessary.
Hey you! Can we come together?
doctaJ_92
Assistant Coach
And1: 171

Post#426 » by doctaJ_92 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:53 am

MaxwellSmart wrote:KG got the ball stolen from him TWICE late in the game---to help Detroit back in it.....He's gotta be better at NOT letting small guys slap the ball away---he's friggin 6-11....c'mon man.

It doesnt help when Rasheeds grabbing your arm and the refs are swallowing their whistles.
Read on Twitter
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,967

Post#427 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 25, 2008 3:58 am

The Rondo Show wrote:What happened? I could of sworn I heard at least 20 times on ESPN and all the media outlets (as well as several posters on here) that the Celtics CAN'T win on the road. It simply just cannot possibly happen. They were 0-6 on the road, thus it was 100% impossible for them to ever win a road game again.

If this wasn't so long, it would be in my sig.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#428 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun May 25, 2008 4:01 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well, he promised not to post until November if the Celtics got a road win, but we all know he'll be back with a vengeance in no time.

You mean, he's reneging on our deal???
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,967

Post#429 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 25, 2008 4:06 am

Celtics_Champs wrote:You mean, he's reneging on our deal???

Just a hunch. :D
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#430 » by celticfan42487 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:11 am

Wow, I mean I always thought in theory it would be a good idea. But having a starting lineup of KG and Duncan looked pretty good out there tonight.

:)

Like I said in the last game thread, we lost game 2 but we played our A game and now that we finally put a good game together we can go out and win a game on the road. Didn't know for sure it was going to be the next road game! We just got back home court advantage 8) I know this is being greedy and DET will play all out in game 4... but I'm dreaming of a 3-1 lead.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#431 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun May 25, 2008 4:13 am

By the way, I am not sure who listened to this on the radio, but sean grande was throwing out some great lines.

"A Detroit crowd silenced, wishing they went to the Joe Louis arena"

-red wings game. :rofl:

"This NBA playoffs have gone against everything you thought it would be, and tonight is a great example of it."

He's really good. This espn/abc are not that bad, but I am really going to start putting them on mute and start listening to more of grande and max.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#432 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:35 am

MaxwellSmart wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is the Post of the Night----The Pistons play borderline dirty all the time...they push off and flop all night-----Look at that 2nd foul on KG----SHOULD have been a grabbing foul on Rip Hamilton--but NOPE,the refs call the offensive foul on KG-----Detroit knows how the idiot refs see things---and they take advantage----Celtics are TOO HONEST when they play.

ShutUPP

It's the ECF you don't play **** girl style you do what ever it takes to win and please don't tell me no one on the Celtics does that OH WAIT, THEY HAVE NOT BEEEEN HERE so they don't know how to do a veteran play like the one Rip did to get that foul called.
JCizzle
Rookie

Post#433 » by JCizzle » Sun May 25, 2008 4:40 am

m23uza1hem36 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ShutUPP

It's the ECF you don't play **** girl style you do what ever it takes to win and please don't tell me no one on the Celtics does that OH WAIT, THEY HAVE NOT BEEEEN HERE so they don't know how to do a veteran play like the one Rip did to get that foul called.

Yeap, PP never been to the ECF. KG never made it in the West either. :roll:

It wasn't a veteran play, nor was it crafty, it was dirty and should have been a foul. All that talk about a "veteran" play is pure crap and about as valid as people who defend floppers.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#434 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:50 am

JCizzle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It wasn't a veteran play, nor was it crafty, it was dirty and should have been a foul. All that talk about a "veteran" play is pure crap and about as valid as people who defend floppers.

Bottom line is it was, it's not a flop where a dude is hit by a butt and flys a million feet...

He did what he thought was going to help his team...anyway I was frustrated

-Good Game you deserved it

Just don't say the series is over thats a message to all the bandwagon fans.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#435 » by Spin Move » Sun May 25, 2008 5:03 am

ShutUPP

LOL that was not a veteran play it was just plain a foul you cant grab someones arm if they have the ball, he got very lucky the ref either had a bad angle or was just plain bad.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant

Post#436 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sun May 25, 2008 5:04 am

JCizzle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ray has also been to the ECF (Bucks, 2001). People always forget that.
JCizzle
Rookie

Post#437 » by JCizzle » Sun May 25, 2008 5:15 am

Al n' Perk No Layups! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ray has also been to the ECF (Bucks, 2001). People always forget that.

Ah good catch. I put Ray in at first, but couldn't remember for sure if he had or not. :clap:
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#438 » by Truthiracy » Sun May 25, 2008 5:30 am

ShutUPP

Can you tell me the score to tonights game? I missed it, thanks bud.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#439 » by GuyClinch » Sun May 25, 2008 6:57 am

LOL that was not a veteran play it was just plain a foul you cant grab someones arm if they have the ball, he got very lucky the ref either had a bad angle or was just plain bad.

It's hilarious that they are all spinning Rip's "technique's" this way. If they started calling some of that crap they would quickly turn on him for committing dumb fouls. <g>
DieselCeltic
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#440 » by DieselCeltic » Sun May 25, 2008 1:31 pm

Again we played good defense but not physical enough defense.

Next time Rip tries to do something like that just put Big Baby and break his damn face next time he goes to the rim.

Return to Boston Celtics