ImageImageImage

Finals Game 1 : Celtics vs Lakers - Thursday, June 5th (0-0)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Arroyo30
Junior
And1: 0

Post#61 » by Arroyo30 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:01 pm

bru87tr wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I dont understand when people make predictions.

dont you feel like you have poop in your face when wrong ?

boy, you lakers fans are really setting yourself up for a fall like detroit fans did.

nahh we're gonna win, it doesnt matter if it takes 6, 7 games lakers are gonna get the series.
The Lakeshow baby!
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#62 » by kmgarnett21 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:03 pm

i beg u guys to watch this video. its so pathetic, lol. some crybaby laker fan made a youtube video of when we killed LA when they wore their short shorts. its very entertaining lol. all it is is lakers highlights & the commentators complainin towards the officials lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bAuoGPfLEuU
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#63 » by bru87tr » Sat May 31, 2008 9:07 pm

are you scared ?

the celtics arent just pierce like the lakers are just about kobe.

the celtics are about team, not me.

no secret pierce alone isnt gonna stop the lakers. its a team game which you laker fans still dont get cause you are hung up on kobe.

get over yourselves and try and look at the whole picture.

like I said before, you fans are just setting yourself up for a big disappointment. if you lose, then what are you gonna say ?

BTW: I hope PP torches you guys and makes you swallow your words.
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#64 » by bru87tr » Sat May 31, 2008 9:10 pm

Arroyo30 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

nahh we're gonna win, it doesnt matter if it takes 6, 7 games lakers are gonna get the series.

how about we make a bet on it ? though I am not sure you would come through if you lost.

we win you replace your avatar with a PP rules avatar for a year. if you win I do the same with your fav player. deal ?
Arroyo30
Junior

Post#65 » by Arroyo30 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:15 pm

bru87tr wrote:are you scared ?

no secret pierce alone isnt gonna stop the lakers. its a team game which you laker fans still dont get cause you are hung up on kobe.

like I said before, you fans are just setting yourself up for a big disappointment. if you lose, then what are you gonna say ?

we are not gonna lose man, you need to think about what are you gonna do when you lose to the mighty lakers baby!!!
The Lakeshow baby!
Kroublees
Sophomore

Post#66 » by Kroublees » Sat May 31, 2008 9:21 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:i beg u guys to watch this video. its so pathetic, lol. some crybaby laker fan made a youtube video of when we killed LA when they wore their short shorts. its very entertaining lol. all it is is lakers highlights & the commentators complainin towards the officials lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bAuoGPfLEuU
you know whats pathetic? needing 7 games to beat a below 500 team in the Hawks and then in the next round needing another 7 games to take down a one man team
but hey Good Luck! i have a feeling this will go the full 7! Lakers in the end of course!
:P
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,156

Post#67 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat May 31, 2008 9:32 pm

Kroublees wrote:you know whats pathetic? needing 7 games to beat a below 500 team in the Hawks and then in the next round needing another 7 games to take down a one man team
but hey Good Luck! i have a feeling this will go the full 7! Lakers in the end of course!
:P

Reminds me of some posts on the Pistons board a couple of weeks ago.
P2
Banned User

Post#68 » by P2 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:18 pm

You know what I like? KG, PP and Ray have never been here, so they will do literally everything to get the trophy. Maybe they will never get another such chance (which I don't hope). I feel much better going into this series than before we played Detroit.
Cep
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by Cep » Sat May 31, 2008 10:38 pm

get them get them get them. Im gonna be on the Herald tomorrow. I was at the Celtics proshop looking for BEAT LA shirts and I was interviewed haha.
John from Hemet
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#70 » by John from Hemet » Sat May 31, 2008 10:40 pm

bru87tr wrote:are you scared ?

Just curious....do you know WHY Kobe Bryant won the mvp this year?

- It isnt because he had the scoring title....he already did that and didn't win the MVP

- It isn't because he had a 80 point game...he already did that and didn't win the MVP

No....it is because he did in fact trust his teamates this year and that helped them to the top place in the ultra tough Western Conference then beat one of the highest scoring offenses in the league, the team with the best home record, and the world champions. The did not do that by Kobe scoring 50 points a night.

Just sayin
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#71 » by Gant » Sat May 31, 2008 10:41 pm

P2 wrote:You know what I like? KG, PP and Ray have never been here, so they will do literally everything to get the trophy. Maybe they will never get another such chance (which I don't hope). I feel much better going into this series than before we played Detroit.

I do too. The Pistons are a more difficult match up for the Celtics than the Lakers.

By the way, our esteemed LA visitors are not exactly striking fear in anyone. It's the invasion of the minature poodles. More dignity please fellas. We've heard all this "You can't beat us" crap before...

...from everyone...

...since last summer...

...and the Celtics are still here.
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#72 » by omegatronic3 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:44 pm

I think Paul Pierce is definitely the key.
He's got to win his matcheup for you to have any chance because I think hes the one matcheup that the lakers don't have a good answer for. He's too big for Kobe...too quick for Odom...might have a Trevor Arriza sighting. I think the main problem with the lakers is that they're very deep and you're not.

pg - lakers get the nod on depth and experience
sg - laker here too..although Allen has to be a big scorer
sf - Boston...Pierce is better than anyone LA has at the 3
PF - Boston - KG gives Boston the edge
C - lakers..Gasol will be tough since he's too big anyone Boston has...you'll need to play PHysical with him...and watch the alley oops.

Bench Lakers have a big edge here with guys like Walton, Vuyachich, Farmar, Turiaf.

PJ Brown, Posey, House and Sam i am

Game 1 is huge and the home court will help nutralize the Lakers bench. The way I see it...it comes down to PG play....your point guards will have to be scorers otherwise you're playinf 4 on 5...I'd tell cassell and House to do nothing but practice shooting 3s

You know kobe will get his but i think for game one you can't let anyone else go off...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#73 » by Gant » Sat May 31, 2008 10:49 pm

omegatronic3 wrote:
Bench Lakers have a big edge here with guys like Walton, Vuyachich, Farmar, Turiaf.

PJ Brown, Posey, House and Sam i am

...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Thanks. I do not agree about the benches. I believe the Celtics bench will outplay the Lakers. You left out Powe, Big Baby and Tony Allen (if healthy). All could play a key role in this series. That's how deep Boston is.
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#74 » by Athanacropolis » Sat May 31, 2008 10:51 pm

Agreed Gant. Walton and Vujacic and Farmar and Turiaf are nice players, but are hardly starters-coming-off-the-bench type players (Josh Childress, Maxiell, and Stuckey scared me a HELL of a lot more). But yes, the benches will be key.

And good luck to everyone!
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#75 » by mr_sunshine » Sat May 31, 2008 11:10 pm

We did a good job on carmelo anthony already in this postseason, who by the way is a better player than pierce, we survived the 2nd or 3rd best pg of the league in deron williams and we took care of the 3 time nba finals mvp (tim duncan) in 5 games...paul pierce is NOT gonna stop us, it should be pretty simple to understand.

Uhhhh, Pierce is better than Melo. He has this thing called an "outside shot" and also knows how to "pass". Melo should probably work on those things.
pballa
Sixth Man

Post#76 » by pballa » Sat May 31, 2008 11:52 pm

John from Hemet wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Just curious....do you know WHY Kobe Bryant won the mvp this year?

- It isnt because he had the scoring title....he already did that and didn't win the MVP

- It isn't because he had a 80 point game...he already did that and didn't win the MVP

No....it is because he did in fact trust his teamates this year and that helped them to the top place in the ultra tough Western Conference then beat one of the highest scoring offenses in the league, the team with the best home record, and the world champions. The did not do that by Kobe scoring 50 points a night.

Just sayin

you DO know the votes were in before he beat those teams right?

i guess by your post you dont.

so i thought i'd let you know.

enjoy.
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#77 » by BMiller52 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 12:01 am

We did a good job on carmelo anthony already in this postseason, who by the way is a better player than pierce, we survived the 2nd or 3rd best pg of the league in deron williams and we took care of the 3 time nba finals mvp (tim duncan) in 5 games...paul pierce is NOT gonna stop us, it should be pretty simple to understand.

lol You didn't take care of Duncan really. He still got his numbers and the majority of those games were close. If Ginobili would've shown up for more than 1 game that series would still be going. SA's problem was when Duncan and Parker were out of the game or doubled, Ginobili and Bowen wouldn't shoot the damn ball and when they did they missed.

In the Utah series Boozer was the guy who didn't show up, not DWill.

Allen and KG are both a hell of a lot better than Manu and Boozer. Pierce shouldn't have to do it by himself.
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 662

Post#78 » by DelMonte West » Sun Jun 1, 2008 2:40 am

mr_sunshine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Uhhhh, Pierce is better than Melo. He has this thing called an "outside shot" and also knows how to "pass". Melo should probably work on those things.

You forgot defense. Paul does it. Melo doesn't.

Melo's better at getting arrested, though. Other than that, I don't know what else he's better at...
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#79 » by Truthiracy » Sun Jun 1, 2008 3:53 am

Kill LA
Debate the Conspiracy master on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/truthiracy3
John from Hemet
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#80 » by John from Hemet » Sun Jun 1, 2008 4:01 am

pballa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you DO know the votes were in before he beat those teams right?

i guess by your post you dont.

so i thought i'd let you know.

enjoy.

Of course I knew that.....the playoffs are not what I am talking about here.....I am talking about the type of play it took for the team to get the 1st seed in the strongest western conference in history. This does not even take into consideration what he has done in the playoffs.......

Return to Boston Celtics