ImageImageImage

Finals Game 3 : Celtics @ Lakers - Tuesday, June 10th (2-0)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#21 » by greenbeans » Mon Jun 9, 2008 11:23 pm

heres the one relevant fact, the ONE: 2-0
pballa
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by pballa » Mon Jun 9, 2008 11:23 pm

greenbeans wrote:heres the one relevant fact, the ONE: 2-0

lol

get raped bynasty
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,963

Post#23 » by leper-con » Mon Jun 9, 2008 11:28 pm

Andrew Bynasty wrote:Face facts?

Heres a fact for you... The Celtics shot 28 more free throws and won by just 6.

Hows that for a fact?

A win is a win. go look at the Utah series when you guys got all the calls. Thats a fact. Go look at the Brent I was beaten half to death Barry fouls-which the league admitted was a foul. Your team has had more benefit of the doubt calls than anyone in this post season. Your guys are perimeter oriented and shoot jumpers. This is the NBA finals weak crap doesn't get called. be a man and take it into the paint. you can make all the excuses you want but in the end you got outplayed showed your inexperience, showed you are a soft team and let some bad call effect your performance. So to sum it up.

you are mentally weak, physically weak, down two and the vultures are circling and your grave is being dug.[/u]
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#24 » by ARB729 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 11:30 pm

We need to jump out on them early, like the first quarter, when half the crowd isn't there yet.
formerly RedSoxFan729
Andrew Bynasty
Banned User

Post#25 » by Andrew Bynasty » Mon Jun 9, 2008 11:33 pm

leper-con wrote:be a man and take it into the paint.

The Lakers attempted 16 more fg's in the paint than the Celtics did.

Be a man... Do some research before you post that trash.

Alright, I have had enough of you. This is a warning for trolling and baiting.

canman
Andrew Bynasty
Banned User

Post#26 » by Andrew Bynasty » Mon Jun 9, 2008 11:34 pm

pballa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

lol

get raped bynasty

How original... Another Celtics fan that decided to join AFTER the Celtics became relavant.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#27 » by greenbeans » Mon Jun 9, 2008 11:34 pm

Andrew Bynasty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you can shoot jumpshots in the paint you know. .
leper-con
General Manager

Post#28 » by leper-con » Mon Jun 9, 2008 11:41 pm

So I put out a paragraph and you single out one sentence....thats your reply.

What about the barry phantom foul. What about the descrepency in free throws from Utah. is it only OK when the refs kiss your teams butt?? Even in the paint you drift away from contact from Kobe to the four marshmellow men around him.
soft is a word your team needs to get used to. as well as composure.

NBA--stands for no boys allowed. i.e. it is a mans league and their aren't any on your team.

Celtics 2
LA 0
leper-con
General Manager

Post#29 » by leper-con » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:39 am

Keys to game three.

KG needs to establish himself in the low post.
We need to pound the glass.
Our D needs to make a 48 minute appearance not just 20-30 minutes.
Pierce will be huge in LA.
Allen loves to play in LA.
Powe is from Cali.

Go C's go.
lkrdynsty
Sophomore

Post#30 » by lkrdynsty » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 am

LAKER FAN HERE

YEAH THAT WAS SOME BS WITH THE FREETHROWS BUT GAMES OVER NOW AND C FANS WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT GAME 3 & 4 WHEN WE GET TO THE LINE MORE THAN YALL..UNFORTUNATLEY ITS ALL ABOUT $$$ AND EXTENDING THE SERIES...SERIES WONT BE LEGIT TILL GAME 5

WITH THAT SAID MY DAD IS A DIE HARD C'S FAN AND IM A DIE HARD LAKER FAN AND HE IS ONE OF THOSE OLD SCHOOL PAY IT BY THE BOOK KIND OF GUYS...HE IS UPSET BECAUSE OF THE OBVIOUS REF BIAS IN GAME 2 HE SAYS IS WANTS TO WIN FAIR AND SQUARE AND NOT HAVE THE REFS HAND THE C'S GAMES...ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY OF THIS EXPERIENCES WERE A CELTIC FAN IS MAD BECAUSE THE NBA WILL NOT LET THEM PLAY FAIR & SQAURE???
this is a new beginning
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#31 » by mr_sunshine » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:12 am

Alright, I have had enough of you. This is a warning for trolling and baiting.

canman

First of all in 12 was more FG. And like zomg mang if u get fouled on a shot in the paint it *gasp* doesn't count as a shot in da paint! It's not rocket science.
Falstaff
Starter
And1: 412

Post#32 » by Falstaff » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:34 am

lkrdynsty wrote:LAKER FAN HERE

YEAH THAT WAS SOME BS WITH THE FREETHROWS BUT GAMES OVER NOW AND C FANS WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT GAME 3 & 4 WHEN WE GET TO THE LINE MORE THAN YALL..UNFORTUNATLEY ITS ALL ABOUT $$$ AND EXTENDING THE SERIES...SERIES WONT BE LEGIT TILL GAME 5

WITH THAT SAID MY DAD IS A DIE HARD C'S FAN AND IM A DIE HARD LAKER FAN AND HE IS ONE OF THOSE OLD SCHOOL PAY IT BY THE BOOK KIND OF GUYS...HE IS UPSET BECAUSE OF THE OBVIOUS REF BIAS IN GAME 2 HE SAYS IS WANTS TO WIN FAIR AND SQUARE AND NOT HAVE THE REFS HAND THE C'S GAMES...ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY OF THIS EXPERIENCES WERE A CELTIC FAN IS MAD BECAUSE THE NBA WILL NOT LET THEM PLAY FAIR & SQAURE???

How many threads are you planning on posting this in? That's 2 and counting ...
Falstaff
Starter
And1: 412

Post#33 » by Falstaff » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 am

mr_sunshine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

First of all in 12 was more FG. And like zomg mang if u get fouled on a shot in the paint it *gasp* doesn't count as a shot in da paint! It's not rocket science.

I can't believe how many LA fans I've seen in the past 48 hours who don't understand that. And this is the guy saying "do some research?"
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by IEcelticfan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:27 am

excerpts on wojnarowki's piece:

These NBA Finals had been framed as a coronation for Kobe Bryant, his time to climb onto a basketball Rushmore with Michael Jordan. This has been his MVP season, his chance to make his parting with Shaq, Eagle, Colo., and his summer temper tantrum fade out of focus. These Celtics were discussed as merely props as Bryant starred in his June mini-series: The Story of Me.

On the way to Phil Jackson passing Red Auerbach, on the way to Bryant
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer

Post#35 » by IEcelticfan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:36 am

Celts09 wrote:BEAT LA

im sry but i want the series to go to 6 games for two reasons.

so they can win it at the garden and so i can go to the parade ( my finals will finish by then)

no i want us to close it out in la YES on THEIR home court b/c i wanna see the faces on these faker fans and nothing beats winning on your opponent's homecourt. and to prove that we dont need hca to close it out.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,407

Post#36 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 am

lkrdynsty wrote:LAKER FAN HERE

First off- no more caps lock. If you don't know you are yelling- you are. If you do know- Knock it off.

Do some work on the laker board before you decide to get involved with other people's boards.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#37 » by BillessuR6 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:34 am

We need to come out with intensity and focus! KG needs to step up!!!

Win game 3!

BEAT LA!!!
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#38 » by Taget » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:42 am

Can't say I feel good about Game 3. We've seen first hand how huge home court advantage is in the playoffs. That said we only need one out of the next three and we'll be in a great position to the win the championship. Two more games and we've reached the promise land.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,514

Post#39 » by canman1971 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:32 am

Although I know players have to say what they say because they are still competing, but I find it hilarious that anyone in their right mind think that the Lakers comeback was because of adjustments they made and how things were different. The Cs were up 24 and relaxed. That was it. Players talking about how they helped each other on defense and such is just stupid. They know it. We know it. Now, I expect the Lakers to probably win tonight, and then, all the Laker ball washers will be saying, "it all started during the 4th quarter of Sunday's game." I just hope the Cs come out and just squeeze the life out of the Laker and the entire Laker fanbase, and that includes everyone at ESPN.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,295

Post#40 » by TheMartian » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:13 am

Kinda OT, but I read an interesting article just now, and the part about Kobe surprised me, especially now that he's seemingly "changed" and learned to "trust" his teammates:

http://38pitches.com/2008/06/09/manny-jd-papi-lester-and-the-nba-finals/

5) Kobe. This one stunned me a little bit. Who doesn

Return to Boston Celtics